Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped respectfully by me.

I think that if they interviewed the "reporting person" on Monday night, then definitely neither of the bio parents could have been the reporting party, as Dad took an "emergency" flight in on Tuesday and Mom did not get to Colorado until sometime after that (sorry I don't know exactly when she arrived -- anyone?) It sounds like Dad was calling Gannon's friends on Monday evening and could have also called LE, but couldn't have been the "reporting person" since he wasn't in town yet.

LE's acknowledged when asked directly by reporters that TS was in fact the reporting person.

They've also indicated that it was the information TS gave them that led them to initially classify GS as a runaway.

JMO.

I have no answers for your questions but IMO I think there's more to LS being kicked out of the house and LH staying there with AS.

It seems to me that if AS wanted LS to remain in the house with him he could have helped LH find accommodations somewhere. There are probably even funds available for housing from local organizations or a victim advocate.

That leads me to suspect that there was a reason AS no longer wanted LS in the house. Now, it could be as simple as both bio parents wanting to present a united front for the sake of Gannon's little sister - IOW to make her feel safe and secure.

Or it's possible AS was unhappy with LS for the way she handled Gannon's disappearance, especially if she gave the impression that he ran away to the 911 dispatcher. Early on AS said:

Volunteers back out near Marksheffel Rd searching for Gannon Stauch

So he may have questioned LS's story from the get go. MOO.

I agree with all this. I also think it's possible that the biggest impetus for kicking LS and her daughter out so rapidly could have been bio mom's understandable horror, fury, and grief. She is probably pissed at AS too ("How could you leave him with her?") and he might have tried to do whatever he could to smooth things over so the family could get themselves together to present a united front for Gannon and the media.

Something has occured to me. I'm going to be very cautious how I put this. If the red truck belonged to Gannon's Dad, AS,...is it possible LS used the truck in an attempt to frame Gannon's Dad? Let's take it a step further...if LS took a rifle from the home and used it, and that gun was registered in AS name, again was she trying to frame him?

I know it's a long shot but I think back to early reports where it was mentioned that Gannon texted his Dad for permission to go to a friend's house. At some point AS could not get in touch with his son which is when he contacted a neighbor to find out if the neighbor had seen Gannon? In the meantime, LS does not raise any red flags until roughly 6:50 Pm on Monday where she reports Gannon as missing.

We still don't know who discovered that Google search where Gannon supposedly asked if he could be tracked by his parents if the phone was turned off. I'm thinking LE discovered that search on the phone and LS did not offer that information up. If we assume that the neighbor never discovered LS on his home video system and all we have to go on is what we know, at what point would LE, the community or anyone know which way to look?

My point is, somehow I'm thinking, LS was hoping Gannon was looked at as a run away. If LE assumed there was nothing to dispute that and eventually found Gannon and he was wounded by a gun registered to his Dad and then did further testing and found Gannon was in the Dad's truck through DNA, blood, urine, now what would LE and everyone else conclude? It's a very loaded theory but I wonder if it wasn't her goal? LS could never know she would be seen on video loading Gannon in that truck. If that hadn't happened...and all other evidence points to Gannon's dad, then what?

Prooving alibis...when did Gannon's Dad leave the home, how long was he gone, could he possibly have come back home and done this? Slippery slope but it does make me wonder? Add in LS comment on the interview that Bio Mom didn't want Gannon. Did LS take Gannon somehwere known to him and his Dad?

Trying to get inside the head of such a self centered narcissistic individual can be exhausting! But I am trying! One more thing...AS seemed to catch on very quickly that something wasn't right. He contacted a neighbor because he could not get a hold of his son and he quickly kicked LS to the curb once realizing his son was missing and moved Gannon's Bio Mom back in the house. Either he was highly suspicious of LS or he had some kind of inkling she was up to no good. Was he onto her? Did he have reason to think she may be up to no good?

I am trying to put myself in LS shoes, even though I don't like going there. Without that video...Gannon could be gone for any length of time before being discovered. Trying to back track at that point with all evidence pointing to Dads truck and gun..yikes!

ETA- The real question here is, was this an accident with little to no time to plan or was this something much more depraved with a sophisticated premeditated plan?

Last edited:
Maybe. But so do valid consent searches stand up. Plus, I haven't seen or heard a single thing about warrants. And usually they're at least mentioned. Espcially with CIS, etc. involved. The OP stated that there were warrants. Anyway. I guess we'll find out soon enough :)
But suppose the person who gave consent later is charged with some sort of crime?
Can't the defense lawyer claim his client never gave consent or didn't understand his rights and wouldn't that make things difficult in a trial?

LE's acknowledged when asked directly by reporters that TS was in fact the reporting person.

They've also indicated that it was the information TS gave them that led them to initially classify GS as a runaway.

JMO.
That is how I am reading it also.
TS showed LE the information that led LE to believe he as a runaway

I have no link to an article confirming there have been search warrants. But I’m using deductive reasoning based on my legal knowledge to state yes there were. There would have to be.

1. CSI/FBI would NEVER search a house without a warrant and remove evidence. It doesn’t happen. They have searched the Stauch home and removed evidence. Which means they had a search warrant supported by probable cause.

2. I cannot link to a news article that TS and her daughter were stopped while shopping at a Marshall’s and detectives took possession of the white Volkswagen Jetta they were driving and towed it to evidence impound.

But TS herself discusses some things that support that.

And that would NEVER happen without a search warrant. It doesn’t happen. That’s a violation of constitutional rights.

In her interview TS states detectives held her and her daughter at gunpoint and handcuffed her daughter “over the keys in her purse so they could take her car.”

So we know they took her car and they don’t do that without a warrant. And you don’t get a warrant without probable cause.

That’s how I know.

It’s my understanding that the truck (common sense) was also taken and another car at the home.

Ok. Thanks. Just making sure I didn't miss something about warrants. They would be very interesting to see, I'm sure.

But suppose the person who gave consent later is charged with some sort of crime?
Can't the defense lawyer claim his client never gave consent or didn't understand his rights and wouldn't that make things difficult in a trial?

Of course. And those arguments are tried all the time. But in this case the person giving the consent (the father) isn't implicated in any way. So that would be very unlikely, imo.

Last edited:
Maybe. But so do valid consent searches stand up. Plus, I haven't seen or heard a single thing about warrants. And usually they're at least mentioned. Espcially with CIS, etc. involved. The OP stated that there were warrants. Anyway. I guess we'll find out soon enough :)
IMO--Dan Mays would not search everything without a warrant.
He is a very ethical and methodical DA.
He will have his ducks in a row, so to speak
that is just MOO

IMO--Dan Mays would not search everything without a warrant.
He is a very ethical and methodical DA.
He will have his ducks in a row, so to speak
that is just MOO

I don't think searching with consent is unethical at all. Didn't mean to imply that if it came across that way. I'm sure you're right about the DA since I don't know him from Adam and it sounds like you do. Honestly, I was just wondering if I missed details about search warrants because they are always quite revealing :)

I have no answers for your questions but IMO I think there's more to LS being kicked out of the house and LH staying there with AS.

It seems to me that if AS wanted LS to remain in the house with him he could have helped LH find accommodations somewhere. There are probably even funds available for housing from local organizations or a victim advocate.

That leads me to suspect that there was a reason AS no longer wanted LS in the house. Now, it could be as simple as both bio parents wanting to present a united front for the sake of Gannon's little sister - IOW to make her feel safe and secure.

Or it's possible AS was unhappy with LS for the way she handled Gannon's disappearance, especially if she gave the impression that he ran away to the 911 dispatcher. Early on AS said:

Volunteers back out near Marksheffel Rd searching for Gannon Stauch

So he may have questioned LS's story from the get go. MOO.

I wonder if AS asked her to leave, or she chose to do so on her own accord? I keep coming back to her statements:

RSBM
[...] Tecia Stauch insisted that she has taken care of Gannon for the past two years and would never harm him. She also said she was no longer in her home after Gannon’s mother, Landen, arrived in Colorado to help search for him.

“My husband’s ex-wife is living in our home,” the woman complained. “I took care of Gannon for the last two years in our home because his mother didn’t want to do it…OK,
[...]

Why is this the main focus of her thoughts? Shouldn't she be more interested in putting ill feelings aside, and working together to bring Gannon home? If she truly loves Gannon and would "never ever hurt him", why give a flying flip about who is staying in her house? Where are her pleas begging for Gannon to come home? Where is the united front telling Gannon he is so loved and they are all home watching and waiting for his safe return?

Sounds to me that she cares more about herself (and her feelings), than she does about the boy she has taken care of for the past two years. He's the one missing lady- on your watch.

Gannon Stauch: Shocking security footage shows stepmom leave home with missing boy, return without him [Reports]

We sat down with Dan Corsentino in Pueblo, a former sheriff who worked in law enforcement for more than twenty years.

We asked Corsentino why he thinks District Attorney Dan May was at the Stauch home on Wednesday.

"We've learned his process is to be very thorough and complete before he charges, if there are any charges at all that come," Corsentino said.

When we asked him why the El Paso County Sheriff's office is hesitant to release information in the case, Corsentino said it could be for a number of reasons.

He said if there's a possible suspect, or they think there eventually could be one, they would want to keep investigators' knowledge top secret. That way, they can compare their understanding of what happened, to what that suspect says happened. He says, oftentimes, that's how they're caught.

"They'll say that they were at a certain location at a certain time and that information is disproved through the investigation," he said.

"Sometimes a crime lab would show up to show that there was no crime, because of the fact that they're doing a comprehensive sweep of the house and there are no indicators," he said. "The antithesis of that is that there is some reasonable suspicion to believe some evidentiary finding could be in the house."
Private investigator breaks down Gannon Stauch case - KRDO

I don't think searching with consent is unethical at all. Didn't mean to imply that if it came across that way. I'm sure you're right about the DA since I don't know him from Adam and it sounds like you do. Honestly, I was just wondering if I missed details about search warrants because they are always quite revealing :)
I agree with you...usually we do get a glimpse of SW and I have not seen any either.
Yes, they are quite revealing. and I am curious as to why we haven't seen any but I trust they know what they are doing and it will all come out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57