Australia; Woman Almost Dies After Bikini Wax

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

'Brazilian' bikini waxes are increasingly popular among women who live nowhere near the bikini-clad beaches of Rio de Janeiro. For one 20-year-old woman in Melbourne, Australia, this routine procedure nearly took her life.
The woman was admitted to an emergency room just two weeks after receiving a the Brazilian bikini wax, a procedure that involves removing even more hair front-to-back than a traditional bikini wax, according to the Brief Report published online in the June issue of the journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases.
"Our case is notable, because it illustrates the infectious risks of pubic hair removal in a patient with diabetes," the authors concluded. "The beauty industry is growing at an unprecedented rate and more invasive and potentially harmful procedures are increasingly available."

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

But, her diabetes was a factor in this case plus she waited a fair time before she sought medical treatment. By then the infection had set in quite well.

A person with a healthy immune system may not suffer what she did.

That always sounds like you'd WANT to die afterwards. I've never had it done though, so I'm just guessing... ;)

Hi shadows:blowkiss:. I am glad that she was effectively treated in time, but I hope she thinks things though before doing this or anything like it again. If she is diabetic she is at a greater risk for infection than most, and I wonder if it will truly be worth it to her. I do wonder if they gave her after care instructions and explained infection as a risk prior to the treatment.

Lion

That always sounds like you'd WANT to die afterwards. I've never had it done though, so I'm just guessing... ;)
Ive never had it done either and am less likely to do it now..........they rip it off from front to back.......my eyes are watering just thinking about it:p

Ive never had it done either and am less likely to do it now..........they rip it off from front to back.......my eyes are watering just thinking about it:p

Yea- I think I'll pass!! ouch!!!!

Sounds more painful han it actually is, unless it gets infected I guess. I hope this girl just invest in a good razor or some nair from now on.

Glad she's going to be ok. Wouldnt want this thread title on a tombstone, can you imagine? :eek:

Whatever one does, never attempt a Brazilian BW at home. That first strip yanked will kill you, and while you think you are on your last breath as you yank the 2nd strip, you convince yourself that doing it with ease will help. WRONG... you end up with sticky wax stuck to your bum because you didn't yank it properly, and then you get the bright idea of taking a bath to ease your pains... but while you are sitting in the tub agonizing over why you did what you did, your bottom gets stuck to the tub due to the wax not being properly removed... and that is when the real pain and humiliation begins: getting yourself unstuck from the tub is no joy... especially if you have to cry out for your SO to come help you... and he tries in vain to hide his snickering at the fact that he told you BEFORE HAND: "Seriously, don't do it!". To which you replied, before hand: "Oh, it can't be that bad, I know what I am doing!".

Obviously... I didn't know what I was doing. :|

Back on topic: that poor lady. :(

:) :) sounds like a good way to spend a saturday arvo.....Id proberly end up in an ambulance:)

People have hair on their azz?
I just pulled down my pants and checked in the mirror and I did not see any hair there.
Am I blind or just lucky???
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

lol d_s......some people might be hairier than others.........

I just pulled down my pants and checked in the mirror and I did not see any hair there.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

LoL!!!!!!!!!

Most everyone has hair on their nether regions... if it is not noticable, it's more than likely of the pale-and-very-fine-therefore-elusive persuasion. Unless you have something like alopecia or are genetically without hair, by nature.

My exMIL and her identical twin sister never had to shave their legs or underarms... my exMIL said that when they hit puberty, they just never developed course body hair like teens usually do when they get to that point in their life. Lucky women... they never had to contend with possible-deadly waxing or murderous-on-the-legs shaving razors.

They were lucky girls.......the razors back in my time wernt known for their safety standards

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Funny dark shadows....the mind boggles thinking about it...as a former beauty professional I would need to be paid 'danger' money to wax a persons qoite..that is for sure...

Although I have heard of some strange waxing requests in my time...:laugh:

Funny dark shadows....the mind boggles thinking about it...as a former beauty professional I would need to be paid 'danger' money to wax a persons qoite..that is for sure...

Although I have heard of some strange waxing requests in my time...:laugh:
I would never have a brazilian or get my underarms waxed, I get my eyebrows, legs and just a normal bikini line done, just so there are no spiders legs hanging out of my panties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back