Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry this happened to you; don't feel bad tho, it happens more often than you would imagine; and this is very common out here in CT..men moving into women's homes, men who are barely working, barely earning, and the home title, deed, mortgaged, or paid for in cash solely by the woman, the home solely maintained by the woman (property tax, homeowners ins, plumber, electrical, any repairs) and the barely employed low to no asset man, who might contribute to a utility bill or two, will say its his or our house...no, its HERS...

Never getting involved with someone without assets or less than yourself is a VERY VERY wise move....

And yet, you can see in Jennifer Farber's case, that was always going to be a difficult situation to avoid.

Like many accomplished and respectable women, she tried to make it work, even allowing her father to prop FD up in a "business" that he had absolutely no experience in.

And yet, was scammed by FD's family ( Rena K) and unsavory side piece ( MT) when they used FORE for their own private piggy bank.

I can understand some of the horror of JFd's life when you hear about her story when she asked FD to give her her own bathroom in their $4 million FORE home.

Oh, @BellaVita , if we could "buyer beware" all, the world would be a less fractious, scary place.
It's beyond belief what the sense of entitlement is with these Malignant N. Anecdote: I owned my home free and clear before we ever met. He owned nothing except 2 old trucks, had no savings and rented a small condo unit. He told me that the woman he was living with some years ago had conned him and stolen/ruined his business/cheated him out of their jointly owned home. We had many friends in common and they all vouched for him. I really hate to judge people on their assets or lack thereof. I was sensitive to the fact that he might feel awkward about not being financially secure. Several months before things abruptly ended, we were at a social gathering. He was talking about OUR home and he referred to it as "my house", meaning not OUR house, but HIS house. I looked at him in disbelief and he told me, "you know I meant OUR house, right?" He didn't even believe that it was OUR house. He honestly thought of it as his house only. Thank God, I never put him on the deed. That is because he did alot of cash business and no way would I expose my home to possible IRS issues. I did trust him with all money and that burned me badly. I did my own investigation after he left. I found the woman that he had conned previously. I was also able to verify with a couple contractors that he hid huge sums of money that had been paid to him. Apparently, things did not even conform to the principle of of what's yours is ours and what's mine is mine. The principle in actuality was: what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine. Will never be involved again with someone who has less than me.

@afitzy , this belongs on CT Mirror.
1 million LIKES!

Yet again in this case/s we see that while CT might have rules, process and procedure on the books that when the time comes to verify compliance that things sadly fall short over and over. Dodging and weaving from FOIA requests might also be par for the course when you might have rampant non compliance in the system as well!

Do hope that Atty Colangelo in his new job might have some input on these issues and work to restore some level of confidence in the system that IMO was lost many years ago.

This absence of transparency and the tit for tat favours that have long characterised Hartford and its LE and Courts for years is why IMO it would be a very very bad idea to change the venue for MT trial to Hartford. Yes, the justice system in CT is highly flawed but it IMO is much less flawed in Stamford vs Hartford. IMO also if CT had a functioning press to hold the judiciary and government accountable for performance then perhaps things would be different. But, we have seen comfy relationships and the Press in the pocket of attorneys who feed them information and stories. We saw a rarely smiling Atty. P. stand outside court many times virtually blowing kisses to the Sr. Hearst Official who he jokingly referred to as, "Helen"! We have seen time and time again the closed network present amongst the Press/Attorneys/LE/Judges and to say that this would or could never have an impact on justice I think would simply be naive.

The Press and private citizens have been trying to get basic and compliance information on this process of hiring private attorneys FOR YEARS with very little to show for it. We never see the Press write about it? Yet, the gravy train for attorneys exists and others who are 'above the system' such at Atty. P. get to work off the books with public information unavailable.

The State continues to engage attorneys like Atty. P. and his partner 'off the books' and there is no way to provide any transparency on the process, results, monitor conflicts, litigation, bar membership etc.

If anyone would like an example of 'attorneys and Judges taking care of each other' sadly its my view that CT would make a perfect example. Family Court is probably the single best example IMO and we saw it play out prominently in the Dulos divorce case. We saw the ongoing bending of rules and inconsistent orders of Judge Noble in Civil Court and the virtual tossing out of the rules of evidence whilst in trial in the GF/Fd/FORE Civil Case and still over 30 days post trial there is no ruling.

We have people sitting in jail awaiting trial and others who can't get hearings due to the terrapin speed of the system and yet we see folks like MT and her new lawyer getting Court dates and choose to address issues like whining about files, bracelets and people convicted of conspiracy to commit murder deserving the right to be able to go to Starbuck/local cafe and shopping. I think it all feels like the Twilight Zone precisely because it is! Justice, however you define it, slants different depending on whether you have the money to pay the system yourself to deliver it. We are seeing this play out quite clearly with MT now. I was always curious how the Fd delivery of justice would happen once his cash was all transferred to the greedy pockets of Atty. P. Sadly Fd took his life IMO in part because he knew the answer to his fate not only at the hands of Atty. P. but longer term in the hands of public defender. CT is referred to locally as CORRUPTICUT and most people think of this as a joke. Sadly though when it relates to justice IMO it isn't a joke and its deadly serious.

Judge White IMO has been a very refreshing change to the public optics of CORRUPTICUT courts and his unwillingness to tolerate attorneys wasting the Court's time on nonsense is very much appreciated by this unfortunate and very unhappy citizen.

MOO

And yet, you can see in Jennifer Farber's case, that was always going to be a difficult situation to avoid.

Like many accomplished and respectable women, she tried to make it work, even allowing her father to prop FD up in a "business" that he had absolutely no experience in.

And yet, was scammed by FD's family ( Rena K) and unsavory side piece ( MT) when they used FORE for their own private piggy bank.

I can understand some of the horror of JFd's life when you hear about her story when she asked FD to give her her own bathroom in their $4 million FORE home.

Indeed...not allowing JD to have her own bathroom is one of my boiling points..with her money; then not only didn't he allow her the one small space she craved, when she moved to East Bumblef with him, he abused her with the 'want' to have her own space, telling her why be 'married at all' since you want your own bathroom. As he came and went as a married bachelor off of her money vacationing in Greece or whatever he felt like it 10 days a month. While JD and her nannies took care of his children..

Women making themselves smaller to prop men up..its a tough one, it's a shame..

Didn't you already ask this? Athens, thereabouts, as a longtime member of this forum I believe responded to you.
No, she had asked where she lives now. I think she was wondering if she lived in the states when she was doing work for Fore. I guess they did their architectural work via. Email or on the boat when they were skiing in Greece!

Moving forward what is everyone's take on Judge White allowing her case to be moved to Hartford?
JS admitted he had not read any of the AWs.
Will he change his mind once he gets to AW #3 and withdrawal that motion?
The one where she is charged with conspiracy to commit murder?
Observing her family, IMO, they don't seem to grasp the gravity of this last charge.
Certainly he should though, right?
Curious to hear your thoughts.
MOO.

Thank you for the welcome. Keep in mind that I am a latecomer and am slowly catching up so my posts are only partially informed.

Since I posted the comment you replied to, I've caught up to some of the mid-to-end-of-2019 civil filings involving Farber vs. Dulos/FORE and am more inclined than I previously was to think state and federal officials should be investigating Dulos/FORE Group money/Troconis cash (and possibly other asset) movements and reporting.

Sufficient evidence has already been presented to justify arrests for one alleged murder (incl. body disposal). IMO, It seems increasingly apparent that murder may have been motivated at least as much by intent to keep Dulos/FORE Group activity and status/location of assets concealed from various interested parties as it was by divorce/custody issues. While GF's attorneys have done outstanding work on behalf of GF, family trusts, and the estate on behalf of the children, it seems that an investigation to get to the bottom of this particular "tangle protected by violence" should be conducted by state and federal officials who carry guns, wear armor, and have greater ability to pierce obstructions.

Wow! That is a whole new perspective-

I have always thought that the money stuff (which hasn’t intrigued me as much as the DV stuff) seemed more Federal than State...and bigger than marital property. You are suggesting it could be a very big factor that divorce interfered with money crimes? If I am reading this correctly?

I have always thought that the money stuff (which hasn’t intrigued me as much as the DV stuff) seemed more Federal than State...and bigger than marital property. You are suggesting it could be a very big factor that divorce interfered with money crimes? If I am reading this correctly?
My take has always been that the divorce, by law, required financial statements. (The DV angle has always intrigued me more as well, BTW). Financial abuse IS a facet of DV(sure you know that!). IMO, there is no way FD could have provided truthful financial affidavits and not left himself wide open to be prosecuted for financial crimes. I saw it in my own case. My own belief, IMOO, is that this factor prolonged the divorce. I believe that if JD atty had let that go, the divorce would have happened and JD might still be here today. There was NEVER going to be a truthful financial affidavit and sometimes you just have to know when to fold your cards. That being said, FD is the ONLY ONE responsible for the murder of Jennifer. I do believe though that the constant quest for more financial info was a very bad thing indeed. MOO.

There was a hearing in the divorce case scheduled for the week after JD disappeared, which focused on FDs financial affidavit and accounting, which he had been skirting around and out of in the divorce case. When he couldn’t evade his financial fraud being revealed, he killed JD.
That happened again; when his financial house of cards was about to fold in the hearing for his bond, he killed himself.
A pattern.
MOO.

I posted this article much earlier in the case, last summer, when we were discussing whether we thought that FD would turn to suicide. Now that he has, it is interesting to read again.
Some of you might be especially interested in the part about faking suicide attempt in the garage with the car running. Although, FD sealed up the garage door in his case.
https://depts.washington.edu/psyclerk/secure/articles/eleven-deaths-narcissist.pdf

Last edited:
Who pays for the interpreters in these cases?

I was just thinking this...

Who paid for the interpreter?
Is is a court interpreter OR one a defense picked out....it makes a
Difference? From
Working for FORE did she have an interpreter?

Please...if some one can read and put some condescending info on CT Interpreters Info and Licensing...I would appreciate it. Pages 3, 4 and 5 start the qualifications needed to be a interpreter.

I would do it but I was in a car accident yesterday...brand new driver went through a 4 way stop and hit me....LE believe she may have been texting as driver was not paying attention at all. Anyway, the jarring has aggravated my Parsonage Turner Syndrome....rare nerve disease making my left arm totally numb and hurt...and it makes typing hard.
(Thankfully other driver was okay but that car was totaled...my Pilot we don’t know about yet).

I would say after reading part of the 27 page guide this was at least a licensed interpreter. Thanks so much.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/LEP/LanguageAccessPlan.pdf

Sorry to hear about the accident #MsJosie. Hope you get better fast. We have to provide interpreters to those in the judicial system who need them. It is the law and they have to be licensed, but I am not sure what they have to do in order to be certified. I have never known of MT needing an interpreter at Fore. There is footage of her talking to LE before her arrest and there did not seem to be an interpreter there. And Attn. Colangelo remarked in court the other day that she had not requested one before in her previous court appearances.

There was a hearing in the divorce case scheduled for the week after JD disappeared, which focused on FDs financial affidavit and accounting, which he had been skirting around and out of in the divorce case. When he couldn’t evade his financial fraud being revealed, he killed JD.
That happened again; when his financial house of cards was about to fold in the hearing for his bond, he killed himself.
A pattern.
MOO.

I posted this article much earlier in the case, last summer, when we were discussing whether we thought that FD would turn to suicide. Now that he has, it is interesting to read again.
Some of you might be especially interested in the part about faking suicide attempt in the garage with the car running. Although, FD sealed up the garage door in his case.
https://depts.washington.edu/psyclerk/secure/articles/eleven-deaths-narcissist.pdf
This is so powerful and only through the first third of the study.
This is what stands out to me thus far.
Financial loss.
Divorce.
Mental pain.
Rage.
Despair.
Recent challenging life affront. ( Was this when he appeared before Judge White ?)
Interpersonal.
Marital.
Legal problems.
Pathological narcissism self esteem-preserving grandiose ideas followed by threatening life events.
Death before Dishonor.
If it takes my head(suicide note).
MOO.

I was just thinking this...

Who paid for the interpreter?
Is is a court interpreter OR one a defense picked out....it makes a
Difference? From
Working for FORE did she have an interpreter?

Please...if some one can read and put some condescending info on CT Interpreters Info and Licensing...I would appreciate it. Pages 3, 4 and 5 start the qualifications needed to be a interpreter.

I would do it but I was in a car accident yesterday...brand new driver went through a 4 way stop and hit me....LE believe she may have been texting as driver was not paying attention at all. Anyway, the jarring has aggravated my Parsonage Turner Syndrome....rare nerve disease making my left arm totally numb and hurt...and it makes typing hard.
(Thankfully other driver was okay but that car was totaled...my Pilot we don’t know about yet).

I would say after reading part of the 27 page guide this was at least a licensed interpreter. Thanks so much.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/LEP/LanguageAccessPlan.pdf

This site explains who can use an interpreter:
Limited English Proficiency - CT Judicial Branch

Hope it answers some questions.

Moving forward what is everyone's take on Judge White allowing her case to be moved to Hartford?
JS admitted he had not read any of the AWs.
Will he change his mind once he gets to AW #3 and withdrawal that motion?
The one where she is charged with conspiracy to commit murder?
Observing her family, IMO, they don't seem to grasp the gravity of this last charge.
Certainly he should though, right?
Curious to hear your thoughts.
MOO.
IMO, it's a very gray area.

JS is correct that all of MT's crimes were committed within Hartford county, and generally crimes are tried where they are committed.

I'm unsure what the legal difference is since all of the crimes relate to another crime committed in Fairfield county.

I'm not overly concerned either way, but I would love to hear from others what they think moving to Hartford will change.

Sorry to hear about the accident #MsJosie. Hope you get better fast. We have to provide interpreters to those in the judicial system who need them. It is the law and they have to be licensed, but I am not sure what they have to do in order to be certified. I have never known of MT needing an interpreter at Fore. There is footage of her talking to LE before her arrest and there did not seem to be an interpreter there. And Attn. Colangelo remarked in court the other day that she had not requested one before in her previous court appearances.
Also thinking... if they can get her test messages, it should prove she was more than fluent in English

IMO, it's a very gray area.

JS is correct that all of MT's crimes were committed within Hartford county, and generally crimes are tried where they are committed.

I'm unsure what the legal difference is since all of the crimes relate to another crime committed in Fairfield county.

I'm not overly concerned either way, but I would love to hear from others what they think moving to Hartford will change.

Hypothetically speaking what if LE had some reason to believe that the disposal of evidence happened in a jurisdiction that the perpetrator had chosen because they believed they would receive more leniency in that district? Would that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member