Coronavirus - Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noting a South Korea case (which later spread to within the family) was initially contracted while in Guangdong, the Province with the most infections after Hubei.
( 5:34 Korean news video above)

Noting article from Feb. 6

Ad wall, trying to see google reference to Guangdong market in this article
World Health Authorities Warn Virus Hasn't Peaked After China's ...
“3 days ago · Separately, Singapore—home to the second-largest number of ... seafood market in Guangzhou in China's Guangdong province.”

Last edited:
Wow.....took 6 days of repeated visits to doctors to get diagnosed. Doesn't bode well.....

Its director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement on Monday (Feb 10), said that the 31-year-old man who was working in Macau was unwell and started coughing on Feb 3.

"He had sought treatment at a clinic on Feb 4 and 6, where he was given medication.

Dr Noor Hisham said however that on Feb 7, the man still hadn’t recovered and sought treatment at a Klinik Kesihatan where he was then referred to Hospital Banting for a follow-up.

"Checks on him found that he was suffering from pneumonia and he was admitted into the hospital.

"Further checks found that the was suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI), requiring intensive monitoring.

"He was then referred to the Sungai Buloh Hospital, where he was certified positive for 2019-nCoV on Sunday (Feb 9)," he said.

18th person diagnosed with novel coronavirus in M'sia

There are a few people on this thread who have requested that we don't discuss politics.
I find that impossible.
America, Canadian and other free worlds just cannot ignore the regimes of China, North Korea and other communist Countries in regards to this virus.
This is Real World.
This is not a time to attempt to be politically correct.
Seriously, who gives a damn about your political leaning when you are watching your family members being dragged off to huge interment camps?
These innocent people are not thinking about politics.
However, politicians are guilty for placing them on their death beds.
In my opinion.
Frankly. I despise politicians. Both here in America and abroad. They seem to kill people for money.
Hundreds of years of this. I don't believe a thing they say.
Done, as hundreds die.
There have been posts hinting at American politics. That kind of discussion will derail this great thread and potentially shut it down.

Discussions about how different countries handle this crisis - including the differences between an authoritarian regime like China and open countries like in the west is not the same as discussing American internal politics and hinting at what politician or party is better than another.

My opinion only.

Talk to a mod or report posts that violate WS rules.

edited to add: My dad was the mayor of the town where I grew up. It's always painful to read when people say they hate all politicians when I know first hand there are many admirable people serving their communities. I could discuss politics all day - been doing it all my life!! But, that doesn't belong here, if people start hinting at American politics, candidates, parties. I'm not the boss here - just my opinion and desire to keep the thread open.

Last edited:
@KALI discussion about politics isn’t allowed on Websleuths I think people just don’t want the thread shut down. I totally appreciate and understand it is extremely difficult not to discuss the political aspect of this crisis regarding the Chinese government’s handling of it.

For reference and example re: likely virus source
Warning Graphic / shows dogs and other animals

Business Insider /

Feb 3, 2020
The outbreaks of both the Wuhan coronavirus and SARS likely started in Chinese wet markets. Photos show what the markets look like.

I can’t bear to look at the link @margarita25 my heart can’t take seeing anymore of these markets but thank you for posting it anyway.

Is there a reason why this outbreak has happened now when these markets must have been around a long time? Are there any food regulations at all in China? They demand cosmetics are tested on animals to ensure safety for humans but let people eat anything and everything I just don’t understand it.

Forgive me for not understanding this article, what is naming him going to do? There’s been contact tracing done. He didn’t know he was infected did he at the time of the spreading and he didn’t do it on purpose right? Why do they need to know his name? I guess I’ll read the article for a third time. I feel like I’m missing something. If I’m not mistaken and it’s the same patient, he did everything correct?
I'm wondering the same thing Margarita. Surely this guy feels bad enough already. He didn't spread the virus on purpose. He was just one of the unlucky ones to contract it!

I can’t bear to look at the link @margarita25 my heart can’t take seeing anymore of these markets but thank you for posting it anyway.

Is there a reason why this outbreak has happened now when these markets must have been around a long time? Are there any food regulations at all in China? They demand cosmetics are tested on animals to ensure safety for humans but let people eat anything and everything I just don’t understand it.

Same here, I can't look at anything like that.

I think we can say 'why now' for a lot of things, sometimes it's just because it is.

Viruses have been jumping from animals to humans for hundreds or thousands of years. The cities in China are probably the biggest and highest population density they've ever been in the history of humankind, and that's the same in many other places, too.

I don't claim to know anything about those 'wet markets' but the image I have of them is a lot of different animals alongside meat and fish stalls? In an extremely low population density area, the virus would still be living in the animals, and sometimes it might have a mutation that would enable it to jump into humans. But in a village of fifty people spread over a square mile or more it's not going to find it so easy to take hold in the human population. Make it a city of 5 million people and add in the internal combustion engine and flying, and that little mutation can cross the city in a few weeks, the province in a month, and the planet in two months.

It's not just doctors and nurses doing an amazing job here, but also the people who do the contact tracing work..it's very different work, but it's just as important to restrict the numbers infected as it is to care for those who are infected.

I think the reason is that the virus recently mutated so it could survive in humans. Perhaps animals had the virus in the past, but people didn't catch it, until now

Only guess.

jmo

Personally. In my opinion.
This virus has 0 to do with America's Politics.
Zero.
I've not seen any "hinting" that this virus has to do with American politics.
At all.
However, just in my opinion, there is a concern that China is not being forthcoming about the truth.
Which has nothing to do with America.
Only China. No "hints" involved.
Let us stick to what we learn, from China and other countries.

There have been posts hinting at American politics. That kind of discussion will derail this great thread and potentially shut it down.

Discussions about how different countries handle this crisis - including the differences between an authoritarian regime like China and open countries like in the west is not the same as discussing American internal politics and hinting at what politician or party is better than another.

My opinion only.

Talk to a mod or report posts that violate WS rules.

edited to add: My dad was the mayor of the town where I grew up. It's always painful to read when people say they hate all politicians when I know first hand there are many admirable people serving their communities. I could discuss politics all day - been doing it all my life!! But, that doesn't belong here, if people start hinting at American politics, candidates, parties. I'm not the boss here - just my opinion and desire to keep the thread open.

Australian researchers have made a critical breakthrough in the fight against the coronavirus outbreak, successfully growing the live virus from patients in NSW.

A team of 10 scientists at a state-of-the-art biosecurity P4 laboratory in Westmead Hospital have been working around the clock to cultivate the virus.

It's hoped that the breakthrough will help health experts around the world develop accurate and fast diagnostic tools to contain the outbreak.
Aussie researchers make critical coronavirus breakthrough with live strain

Thank you.
I will abide. You guys are all great.
I would miss you all much.
Sincerely. Kali.

@KALI discussion about politics isn’t allowed on Websleuths I think people just don’t want the thread shut down. I totally appreciate and understand it is extremely difficult not to discuss the political aspect of this crisis regarding the Chinese government’s handling of it.

Of all the people who should know better. :mad::eek:

Well, if the genie is out of the bottle...
I guess we all get to just wait and see...

On another note the tributes to Dr. Li continues and his family have have been paid £90,000 after Beijing ruled his death a 'work place injury' following outpourings of grief and fury on social media for the whistle-blower. Chinese blast Communist party for covering up the death of coronavirus whistle-blower doctor | Daily Mail Online

Before his death Dr. Li became a living hero to the Chinese people. That made him a dangerous man as far as the CCP was concerned. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Dr. L was killed by the CCP and his death was blamed on the coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member