Coronavirus - Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but imo you don’t want to have to be using the airplane and airport bathrooms. Moo. I’d be cutting my liquids personally during the travel time just so I don’t have to pee, JMO. Honestly I’d be wearing a “Depends”.

Cutting your fluids puts you at an increased risk of getting a Urinary Tract Infection with a high temperature and in this situation you may be denied entry to a country. It isn’t a good idea.

RE: The Caribbean
They are very aware of the problem and turning away cruise ships as well.

AIDAperla denied entry to Antigua amid coronavirus scare | Buzz

Barbados denies cruise ship entry

Barbados:
Acting Chief Medical Officer, Dr Kenneth George, disclosed that the Ministry of Health and Wellness had received a number of reports, including from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) of “a significant outbreak” of gastroenteritis on the ship. Dr George said that in keeping with the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and “as a matter of caution” aimed at protecting both the passengers and the people of Barbados, the Ministry of Health and Wellness has decided that the cruise liner will not be allowed to berth at this time.

Barbados denies entry to MV Caribbean Princess cruise ship - St. Lucia News Online

Antigua & Dominica:
The AIDAperla cruise ship which is operated by German-based Aida Cruises has been refused port entry for the second time during its current 14-day Caribbean voyage. The large vessel with over 3,000 passengers onboard was not allowed to enter the port at Dominica yesterday and the reason was apparently due to many guests who have caught a respiratory tract infection. We do not know the number but it is likely to be over a dozen or so for a port to deny entry.

Second Caribbean Port Denies Cruise Ship With Sick Passengers

Trinidad and Tobago:
A cruise ship carrying more than 3000 passengers and a 1000-member crew has been denied entry into Trinidad and Tobago due to an outbreak of gastroenteritis onboard the vessel. The MV Caribbean Princess was scheduled to arrive in Port-of-Spain on Monday.

Cruise ship denied entry to T&T over gastro outbreak

Cutting your fluids puts you at an increased risk of getting a Urinary Tract Infection with a high temperature and in this situation you may be denied entry to a country. It isn’t a good idea.

Ok scratch that idea LOL

ETA:
Honestly I was just talking about a couple hours on the flight, to hydrate previously, but that’s Mooooooooooo.

VETO!

:) That’s why I said moo lol. :)
Drink! Pee!

I know you're smiling in your post, but dehydration and sitting in your own urine on a flight are not good ideas. Keeping your system moving is very important, especially when trying not to catch something.

Drink! Pee! And....wash hands! (Funny, I know, but not a joke, imo.)

jmo

Drink! Pee!

I know you're smiling in your post, but dehydration and sitting in your own urine on a flight are not good ideas. Keeping your system moving is very important, especially when trying not to catch something.

Drink! Pee! And....wash hands! (Funny, I know, but not a joke, imo.)

jmo

Well, it looks like it boils down to a choice between exposure to “aerosol plumes” and sitting in one’s own urine. I admit it is a tough choice (unless the aerosol plumes were CV virus laden...). :cool:

Coronavirus: Ottawa couple barred from boarding cruise after connection in Hong Kong

An Ottawa couple is unpacking their bags, after they were denied boarding a cruise in Singapore.

Cheryl and Paul Elford were schedule to board the Celebrity Millenium Feb. 1 in Singapore, but amidst the coronavirus outbreaks, were told they could no longer go.

“24 hours ahead of time, they changed the itinerary and told us we couldn’t board,” said Cheryl Elford.

“If you had transited through Hong Kong you were denied boarding.”

The couple had a connecting flight through Hong Kong.

“Our flight was Ottawa to Toronto, Toronto to Hong Kong, where we spent four hours in the airport,” said Paul Elford.

“We only in the airport lounge, we really weren’t exposed to anything but there was ‘no exceptions’.”

Boy, 7, who came into contact with coronavirus Brit rushed to hospital

A seven-year-old boy who came into contact with a British man quarantined in Majorca with coronavirus has been admitted to the same hospital amid fears he could have the killer bug.

The youngster has already tested positive for common B-type flu and he is now undergoing tests for coronavirus too.

I really hope this young man does not have the coronavirus and he recovers ASAP.

I think we've jumped the shark. Never thought I'd regret telling someone to drink water.

jmo

“The idiom "jumping the shark" is pejorative, most commonly used in reference to unsuccessful gimmicks for promoting something. It is similar to "past its peak", but more specifically suggests an unwillingness to acknowledge the fact.
upload_2020-2-10_9-28-28.png
Jumping the shark - Wikipedia

Oh come on, just a little levity. No need for regrets.

Just last week there was an article about a cruise ship that had isolated suspected cases in one of their ship's restaurants. Do we remember what ship that was?

It was the Royal Caribbean ship out of Bayonne, NJ. All of those passengers were checked and 4 showed possible symptoms. Those 4 were hospitalized on Friday and later confirmed to not be carrying the virus.

The ship is scheduled to depart today to Bermuda.

I’m sitting in my own pee. Dehydrated. Easy decision. :D

Now that you mention it, the force of those loud airplane toilets flushing probably would send up a plume of aerosol particles of nasty.

Adding Depends to my travel list next time I am having to fly. :) Just kidding but it does make you really think about those powerful airplane toilets.

A seven-year-old boy who came into contact with a British man quarantined in Majorca with coronavirus has been admitted to the same hospital amid fears he could have the killer bug.

The youngster has already tested positive for common B-type flu and he is now undergoing tests for coronavirus too.

I really hope this young man does not have the coronavirus and he recovers ASAP.

This is so ridiculous

“At this moment we estimate the British man had close contact with between 20 and 40 people but that figure could increase as we interview those people.

so then those 20/40 people also go on and have contact with 100’s more people. So it’s impossible to track and it will spread and spread if China is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member