OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Puzzles8

I did see Motion 6 if that's the one you are referring to. I don't believe it has been ruled on by the court yet. Thank you.

‘IANAL, but I believe that is a standard motion made to preserve the State’s evidence used for the trials to save for Appeals. I’m sure the other defense attorneys will (or should) do the same at some point. It is a way to preserve the evidence used to assure no tampering so the same can be used for appeals. I did review all W4 motions and each has filed the same motion:
AW #6, BW #24, GW #20 & JW #43 & #44. The State has opposed all but there have been no rulings yet. I did notice the state has filed new discovery so hopefully this is from the Nov 2019 search of FWF. The State & Defense lawyers are meeting w/ BCI so I am assuming that’s what the meeting is about but ICBW.

4 perps being tried separately. Who’s the least guilty of the 4 and will they potentially walk?

My opinion.

This is a great question. Could be, least guilty was Rita, not one of the W4. (But there will be one of W4 who feels he or she is least guilty)
In thinking about it, I wonder just how much Rita knew, beyond her own participation.
All the discussions about Motions vs Discovery etc.
It is confusing. My only thought (also hope) is that there is significance in the Journal Entries too.
Don’t Journal entries represent more closely what was going on behind closed door in Judges Chambers while we sit and stare at the courtroom door?
I could be misinterpreting. idk.

Maybe we will find out more later today.

I still say AC will hold back on producing all of and exactly what Defense is asking for pertaining to Rita’s Plea deal.
AC will find a technicality if one exists.

More persistent efforts by Franklin County inmates lately to get Jake to talk about the case was my understanding. His attorneys wanted it on record. Said he doesn't believe his client has or is talking.
Thanks. The hearing was so short, I guess they didn't address the issues that the hearing was originally scheduled for. I think there were 4 or 5 issues to be discussed.

Jake Wagner to return to court for a pretrial hearing

WAVERLY, Ohio (WKRC) - Jake Wagner returned to court for the latest round of motions hearings in his murder case on Monday. His attorneys filed four more motions and they may not be done...

...The prosecution is still working to turn over all of the evidence in the case to the defense. In the past, they have described the amount of discovery as "voluminous".

The prosecution responded to the defense's motion to hire an evidence coordinator for all the defendants.

Judge Randy Deering said the court will consider the motion.

Such a coordinator would be "quite a bit of cost", according to Deering.

Both sides are working to meet on March 13 to go over the discovery.

Assistant Prosecutor Angie Canepa said she believes they'll have all the discovery completed by then.

Jake Wagner's attorney wanted it on record that some inmates at the Franklin County Jail, where Wagner is being held, have apparently adopted a new "focused effort" to get him to talk about his case.

He doesn't believe Wagner is talking and he wants the court to be wary of any inmate who comes forward claiming he has.

... As sand thru the hour glass...
Edward Wagner is expected back in court for another pretrial hearing on April 8. according to his attorney.

from link

Yes. I caught a few tidbits to add. Canepa said more Discovery will be filed on Thursday this week.. The Jan 21, 2020 Discovery was 45 pages, 1 CD, and 1 Recording.

Meeting between State and George IV attorneys March 13 to go through Discovery and help Defense Organize Specific Siscovery to their client . Jakes attorneys want the same to go over Discovery from State. Canepa said they could be included that day or the day after. That date should be about time for the State to certify that all discovery is submitted.

The special attorney that defense wants to organize their discovery is apparently very expensive from what I inferred from the Judges comment on Motions from State and Defense on the hiring of such an attorney. (Do your work defense).

State has given the Court a Motion to Demand Reciprocal Discovery. Will be filed with the Court tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard