Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the question of why take the spare tire off of the Jeep: I did some searching and looked at a few videos of people removing the spare from a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. After the spare is removed there is a rack attached to the tailgate that the tire was on. Remove that rack and there is a rectangular vent under it. Pop out the vent and you could have a nice little window in the back of the Jeep tailgate. Here's what the vent can look like from inside the Jeep (stock image from a bing search):
View attachment 231269
2018 jeep wrangler sport tailgate vent hole - Bing images

Some companies sell custom covers for the hole for people who want to leave the spare tire off: https://www.amazon.com/removed-vent...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482461738903&psc=1

My theory is that the shooter removed the spare tire, the carrier for the tire as well as the rectangle vent piece, and also removed the back seat so that someone could lay down and shoot through the tailgate "window". This could also explain why the shooter missed as I think it would be difficult to hit a moving target with that method while the Jeep was moving too. But if I'm right then it's pretty scary how close they got to taking BB out. :eek:

As soon as they realized they missed and that BB possibly saw the vehicle they would have wanted to hide the spare that they had left back at the townhouse garage in Rexburg. Whoever was down in AZ with the Jeep could call and tell someone in Rexburg (Lori and a man who resembles Alex) to take that stuff to storage and hide it while they drove back. That would be the Oct 2nd visit in the middle of the day. Next, when no police came knocking right away, they would want to get the tire and seat out of storage as soon as possible to put back on the Jeep. That would be the reason for Oct 3rd visit to remove items they had just placed there the day before. MOO.
I think you've found the reason for the tire removal! That would probably put the shooter right at the height of BB's driver's window.

Now we just need to know if they had access to the Jeep after the 3rd to put it back together.

Last edited:
Why would this need to be hidden from police, and Colby, and other concerned parties?

Why would Lori need to cut all ties with Colby and her new grandbaby?

Why would Tylee cut ties with her brother Colby?

Why would Lori not be with JJ and Tylee?

in your opinion of course.

Just a guess on my part; but maybe the "unbelievers have to be jettisoned" principle?

For me at least, it seems like Lori always speaks in half truths: like the text she sent to Charles sons, what she told Colby, what she told the police officers when they interviewed her-she admitted that Charles claimed she was crazy (just in case the Police look into things)she supposedly didn’t have minor children-so I guess what I’m getting at is that when she told a friend that it would be easier to drive her kids off a cliff, I think it was another half truth, she really just meant them and not her! This is just one of the things in my opinion that leads me to think they are not alive, that and she has shown no remorse for having others murdered and no one has seen the kids and why text Tylee’s friends back pretending to be Tylee

The most dangerous lie is a lie that has a little truth to it.

Or, as someone said in the early days of this thread/investigation, at the very least it seems like bad luck, or tempting fate, to randomly lie about currently living people being dead.

I noticed this article said that Chad claimed to make 30K per year from his writing. For a single fact that sure has a bunch of errors. IIRC, we all saw the 30K number on an application to rent a home in Hawaii, right? I think it was saying that was the income from Chad and Lori and it would be from all sources of income. Yes, the only source of income they probably have is Chad's writing, but it doesn't spell that out. Also, it was asking for a monthly income wasn't it? So he said 30K per month, not year. (A lie, but that's another issue.)

Doesn't it say it's from the publishing business? That would include not just his own royalties, but all the revenue from all the other books, videos, speaking engagements, etc. Just looking at their website earlier, before all the stuff started being taken off, it looked like they had a pretty good stable of prolific authors and they could well have been bringing in $30K a month at the peak.

I generally agree with you.

Most of what I know about doomsday cults is from the Church Universal and Triumphant, whose doomsday ideas overlaps heavily with the LDS beyond-AVOW mentality. The Church Universal had an underground complex in a small town in Montana one valley over from where my family lives. Their doomsday fizzled but many of them still live there. You see them in the grocery stores looking bewildered, like they're still not quite sure what happened.

What I got out of what I could see in the AVOW forum was that they had a multiphase plan for surviving increasingly bad times. I formed the impression that besides the bunkers, there are areas where they plan to gather while they wait to see if this really is the beginning of the end--from there they can retreat into their deep-in-the-mountains compounds if necessary, or if the storm blows over, they can go back to their regular lives. There also seemed to be a lot of talk about how important the young people were to the plans. There seemed to be a LOT of talk about how the government was going to betray them.

So I think there's a good chance the kids are alive and safe, but that LV is not ever going to tell where they are.
makes a lot of sense to me.

Also I found this for the shooting out of the Jeep.

"Brandon was about to pull into his driveway when he saw a gun with a silencer poke out of the Jeep's window, he said. He heard a gunshot as his driver's side window shattered."

I myself drive a Jeep Wrangler and can tell you it would be hard to shoot out the back. If the hard top is on the jeep, the back window is actually shut in by the back door/tailgate. The glass part lifts up while the door/tailgate opens by a hinge on the right hand side. Now if the soft top is on they could certainly unzip it and shoot that way. However it seems like the gun was shot from one of the main front windows. Or wasn't a Wrangler. MOO

How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children

In regards to the question of why take the spare tire off of the Jeep: I did some searching and looked at a few videos of people removing the spare from a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. After the spare is removed there is a rack attached to the tailgate that the tire was on. Remove that rack and there is a rectangular vent under it. Pop out the vent and you could have a nice little window in the back of the Jeep tailgate. Here's what the vent can look like from inside the Jeep (stock image from a bing search):
View attachment 231269

Some companies sell custom covers for the hole for people who want to leave the spare tire off: https://www.amazon.com/removed-vent...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482461738903&psc=1

My theory is that the shooter removed the spare tire, the carrier for the tire as well as the rectangle vent piece, and also removed the back seat so that someone could lay down and shoot through the tailgate "window". This could also explain why the shooter missed as I think it would be difficult to hit a moving target with that method while the Jeep was moving too. But if I'm right then it's pretty scary how close they got to taking BB out. :eek:

As soon as they realized they missed and that BB possibly saw the vehicle they would have wanted to hide the spare that they had left back at the townhouse garage in Rexburg. Whoever was down in AZ with the Jeep could call and tell someone in Rexburg (Lori and a man who resembles Alex) to take that stuff to storage and hide it while they drove back. That would be the Oct 2nd visit in the middle of the day. Next, when no police came knocking right away, they would want to get the tire and seat out of storage as soon as possible to put back on the Jeep. That would be the reason for Oct 3rd visit to remove items they had just placed there the day before. MOO.
The timing and reasoning you described for hiding the tire has also been my favorite theory for a few days, minus the vents. Aren't the vents located a little too low to be used for shooting?

ETA: If someone was shooting through the vents, it would be more difficult to recognize them IMO.

Last edited:
View attachment 231269

That makes a lot of sense and seems a logical answer. MOO

This all fits except for CD and LD hiding out in Hawaii at this point. Why do the kids need to be in the compound 9 months before the SHTF day, yet Chad and Lori don't? (Not to mention why aren't Chad's other kids here too?)
They both believe they’re immortal if we’re to believe the theories circulating. Of course this may just be rumours/lies and they may have just gone along with it and now enjoying life in Hawaii. We can only speculate. MOO

I wonder if the shooting at BB means there was two people in the Jeep, or if shooter parked up in wait and climbed into the drivers seat before driving away.

Quite possibly. MOO

They are awaiting the "end of days" as predicted by the group with which they are affiliated. Their prophecy and plans are based around their beliefs, which have been a part of Chad's life for decades and Lori's for a brief time now. Based upon what we know about them and (if you sleuth around to learn about the AVOW and other groups, you will find these visions have been going on for decades now... there are many others who came before Chad Daybell) we know that many are/have been literally preparing for the "end of days". Land is owned and the "prophecy" calls for the 144,000 to hide out in the Rocky Mountains until the earthquakes have ceased. So, the kids would be hiding out likely based upon what we can learn about their beliefs. This is all MOO. I have spent a good deal of time learning about the movement, their beliefs, some who used to be a part of the group(s), and the historical actions on those beliefs. Many actions taken by those who believe this stuff have been motivated by those beliefs so much so that they spend their entire lives gathering food and weapons, obtaining land, etc. So, I do believe it is possible that beliefs can guide people like LD and CD to do many things. I could be entirely incorrect, i know; however, i do not believe we should overlook their beliefs in theorizing.

You bring up a good point. I am just sure threads ago I mentioned the Rocky Mountains. I may try to dig that up. Jmo

ETA I found this from January 6:

What I personally got from it was these "places of refuge" are usually in the Rocky Mountains, near a water source, and solar powered, debt free. It's also kind of suggested the owners keep the location a secret.

Might be worth a search to see who on this cast of characters owns land where.

JMO

Last edited:

"Brandon was about to pull into his driveway when he saw a gun with a silencer poke out of the Jeep's window, he said. He heard a gunshot as his driver's side window shattered."

I myself drive a Jeep Wrangler and can tell you it would be hard to shoot out the back. If the hard top is on the jeep, the back window is actually shut in by the back door/tailgate. The glass part lifts up while the door/tailgate opens by a hinge on the right hand side. Now if the soft top is on they could certainly unzip it and shoot that way. However it seems like the gun was shot from one of the main front windows. Or wasn't a Wrangler. MOO

I don't know if this is the same model but doesn't the rear window just open out like this -

iu

2020 Jeep Wrangler - Lease with No Money Down – Carlease.com

I think that could be done beforehand if they are lying in wait.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the same model but doesn't the rear window just open out like this -

iu

2020 Jeep Wrangler - Lease with No Money Down – Carlease.com

I think that could be done beforehand if they are laying in wait.

Yes, I guess you could leave it open like that. It just not something you could open while the back tailgate was shut, like you can roll down a side window. It locks into the frame of the tailgate for weather proofing. So yes, if they were laying in wait than they could do this. Should I delete my other comment?

The timing and reasoning you described for hiding the tire has also been my favorite theory for a few days, minus the vents. Aren't the vents located a little too low to be used for shooting?

ETA: If someone was shooting through the vents, it would be more difficult to recognize them IMO.

Good question on the height and I'm not sure. I tried to find an interior photo showing the vent and could not find one at the right angle. I was picturing someone laying down like we see snipers doing on TV. But I don't know anything about being a sniper in real life and maybe it's not that easy. Also BB said the gun had a silencer. I don't know that he would see a silencer if the shooter did what I was thinking. The article posted above saying the gun was seen poking out a "window" and that may rule out my theory. Unless they missed/couldn't get a good angle on him from the tailgate and switched to the window at the last minute? MOO.

Yes, I guess you could leave it open like that. It just not something you could open while the back tailgate was shut, like you can roll down a side window. It locks into the frame of the tailgate for weather proofing. So yes, if they were laying in wait than they could do this. Should I delete my other comment?
No ! :) You're not wrong, mulling over the possibilities is what we do here and your input is just as valid as anyone's.

Thanks for refreshing our memories on what BB said he saw. If he saw the gun poking out a window that may rule out my theory on why they took the spare tire off. Or maybe the shooter couldn't get a good angle from the tailgate and switched to the window and that's what BB saw? I don't know that my theory would work in practice anyway. It was simply my attempt to explain why they would want to remove the spare tire.

MOO.

Cell phone of missing Idaho teen found with mother, source says

Police in Idaho have found a cell phone belonging to 17-year-old Tylee Ryan, who, along with her 7-year-old adopted brother, JJ Vallow, hasn't been seen since September, a source close to the investigation told CBS News. It appears her phone was found in Hawaii with her mother, Lori Vallow, who has been considered a person of interest in the case.
OH. MY. GOSH. That is not a good sign! I'm still hoping they are in hiding somewhere and Lori didn't trust her teenage daughter to stay off social media. I don't know what to think!!!!

Doesn't it say it's from the publishing business? That would include not just his own royalties, but all the revenue from all the other books, videos, speaking engagements, etc. Just looking at their website earlier, before all the stuff started being taken off, it looked like they had a pretty good stable of prolific authors and they could well have been bringing in $30K a month at the peak.
IMO Self publishing does not bring in anywhere near that amount of money. CD and TD went bankrupt a while back. Just makes no sense...even selling his wares after talks and podcasts.. Even successful writers don't make much money at book signings and whatevers. BUT there is money in this mix of mystery, and it nags at me a lot. Where is it really coming from.

Fremont County Sheriff's office investigating Tammy Daybell's life insurance policy
Feb 6, 2020 Updated Feb 7, 2020

FREMONT COUNTY – The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a life insurance policy the late Tammy Daybell took out at her work with the Sugar-Salem Central Elementary School. Tammy had worked there as a librarian.

“She did have an insurance policy from her work. I don’t know how much it was for,” said Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries.

<modsnip: Snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

The full story is at this link: Fremont County Sheriff's office investigating Tammy Daybell's life insurance policy

My apologies if it's already been posted.

Thanks for refreshing our memories on what BB said he saw. If he saw the gun poking out a window that may rule out my theory on why they took the spare tire off. Or maybe the shooter couldn't get a good angle from the tailgate and switched to the window and that's what BB saw? I don't know that my theory would work in practice anyway. It was simply my attempt to explain why they would want to remove the spare tire.

MOO.
I also thank for the reminder of the BB shooting events. I would like to know if others agree that MB really does want those kids...is that not why she was arrested trespassing at the grandparents home?? As someone has written--kids are really a significant part of this "doomsday stuff"--which is why I get 50/50 on whether the kids are alive or dead. Is BB also in hiding?? One has to wonder how he is able to care for his family of four without a job too. I just have not heard anything about him lately. Do we know what kind of car BB owns? (again...I am astounded at how fancy and numerous the vehicles are with this group--which attaches to my belief that there is something about "money" that might connect all these folks).

I guess what I’m getting at is that when she told a friend that it would be easier to drive her kids off a cliff, I think it was another half truth, she really just meant them and not her!

I am still leaving open the possibility that she did just that.

There is the other strange case in the WS link below where a car zoomed off a cliff and was caught on camera. So far as I know, LE cannot identify who went off the cliff.

If they flew to Hawaii then there is a chance they had a little time in California possibly if their final flight left from there. Im not sure if their flights to Hawaii were ever tracked to see where they originated from and if there was a stopover in California or not.

Thinking along the lines of her possibly renting a vehicle to go on a brief tour of the winding cliff roads with alterior motives.

The first link is the video of the car going off the cliff. The 2nd link is WS link about the case.

Dramatic video shows car plunging off cliff on California coast

CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off hwy cliff in California, 30 December 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx