Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

That's the thing isn't it. Sure didn't strike me as a man looking to walk away from his life and family. But guess you never really know how unhappy a person is. Just didn't seem like a guy that set up for retirement and seemingly enjoyed his life , would one day say F it .
But that's just my opinion and I keep checking for updates, his kids must be brokenhearted. And the grandkids .... That's gotta hurt JMO still praying for Paw Paw
I watched a news story about a big group of Americans and Canadians who have turned this Mexican Village into a retirement community.There must be hundreds of them.You can rent a great place with everything for $350 a month or buy a place real cheap.Its real beautiful.I don't think he ran but know he is well acquainted with Mexico.

I watched a news story about a big group of Americans and Canadians who have turned this Mexican Village into a retirement community.There must be hundreds of them.You can rent a great place with everything for $350 a month or buy a place real cheap.Its real beautiful.I don't think he ran but know he is well acquainted with Mexico.

I started leaning towards he walked away a long time ago. I think people took a lot of information given as fact, when that may not be the case. I think a picture was painted that we all believed and that’s why everyone has been reluctant to believe he walked away. I did a LOT of sleuthing. My life was actually consumed by this case. Now that I think back over the last couple of years and everything I learned and saw, one of the very first things I was told from a reliable source seems more and more believable. In my opinion, I think he walked away.

ETA: walking away is the very top of my list. Suicide would be second. And homicide is the very last.

I started leaning towards he walked away a long time ago. I think people took a lot of information given as fact, when that may not be the case. I think a picture was painted that we all believed and that’s why everyone has been reluctant to believe he walked away. I did a LOT of sleuthing. My life was actually consumed by this case. Now that I think back over the last couple of years and everything I learned and saw, one of the very first things I was told from a reliable source seems more and more believable. In my opinion, I think he walked away.

ETA: walking away is the very top of my list. Suicide would be second. And homicide is the very last.
That was my initial feeling, and then I changed the order of those 3 listed possibilities several times, and will probably do it again, if more info ever becomes available.

We never did hear any confirmed detail re: money being kept in the shop- how much, and if there was a chance a chunk of it was taken. I've always wondered if anyone would have ever been able to know if any was missing and how much?

Bumping for Papaw!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my initial feeling, and then I changed the order of those 3 listed possibilities several times, and will probably do it again, if more info ever becomes available.

We never did hear any confirmed detail re: money being kept in the shop- how much, and if there was a chance a chunk of it was taken. I've always wondered if anyone would have ever been able to know if any was missing and how much?

Bumping for Papaw!!!!!!!!!!!

When you go back and ONLY look at what law enforcement has said (I know, I know HCSO doesn’t ‘appear’ to be on the up and up), the fact that the Texas Rangers and AG refuse to take over the case even though we’ve been told numerous times that they were looking at it, and at this point the PI doesn’t seem reliable, things get a little foggy. Erase in your mind what has been said by the family (just for the purpose of my question) because there has been a lot of contradictions and each one of them have now stopped talking at all. When you erase everything you don’t know to be fact, which order would you put the scenarios in? Remember we were told things on this very site that we found later were completely wrong. It’s hard for me to put into words what I mean because I want to make sure not to break any rules , but I think if I people go back and look at things without putting their heart into it (which I completely understand because my heart and how I feel about first responders is what made me start following this case in the first place), I think they would change their order of what they think happened.

When you go back and ONLY look at what law enforcement has said (I know, I know HCSO doesn’t ‘appear’ to be on the up and up), the fact that the Texas Rangers and AG refuse to take over the case even though we’ve been told numerous times that they were looking at it, and at this point the PI doesn’t seem reliable, things get a little foggy. Erase in your mind what has been said by the family (just for the purpose of my question) because there has been a lot of contradictions and each one of them have now stopped talking at all. When you erase everything you don’t know to be fact, which order would you put the scenarios in? Remember we were told things on this very site that we found later were completely wrong. It’s hard for me to put into words what I mean because I want to make sure not to break any rules , but I think if I people go back and look at things without putting their heart into it (which I completely understand because my heart and how I feel about first responders is what made me start following this case in the first place), I think they would change their order of what they think happened.
That's a good way to approach this, Nosy. I've always thought that MC returned from WalMart, by himself, went into his house to leave the purchases in the bathroom, then went out to his shop, left his wallet and keys where he always did... After that, it gets cloudy. I've never waivered in my thinking that MC took his driver's license out of his wallet himself. Why he did, I'm not sure. My limited reasons point to him leaving on his own, if he did take his own DL.

I believed he locked his house and his truck, as well as his shop door, when he left. How he was injured and by what means he left, is the great unknown.

I've tended to give LE the benefit of the doubt, even though I fervently wish they had done a more thorough analysis of the shop and scene right from the start. I've had similar thoughts re: the Texas AG's office and Rangers declining much involvement.

yup, must look at the facts, not the theories that then try so hard to make the facts fit those theories.

IMO of course.

It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts, insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. ~Sherlock Holmes~

Just sayin...

t
yup, must look at the facts, not the theories that then try so hard to make the facts fit those theories.

IMO of course.

It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts, insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. ~Sherlock Holmes~

Just sayin...
The bad thing is very few facts are known.I believe he went to Walmart and he disappeared and anything else can be debated.

IMO there is a guy running for sheriff who has been groomed for the role for many years.He is even mentioned as being at the party where another missing person could have met foul play in the buried podcast.He is part of the old boy network.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back