Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the money chasing is hearsay. The $35,000 taken from business accounts and removing CV's vehicle from the airport and furniture from his house reveals her attitude to money and belongings IMO.
I agree with the hope the kids are in hiding.
Good point. I guess i was addressing the money chasing as they exist in popular context. I think its reasonable to leave the door open for the fact the "money chasing" has to do with raising funds for the "new earth." Either way, yes, it is a common theme.

Ha ha! So still struggling... was does Respectfully snipped by me actually mean????
It means I've cut some of the words out of your original post, usually to reply to one part in a long post. Being respectful to the poster of the parts cut from it and notifying others that there was more to the post if they want to go back and read the context of it in the longer post.

Thanks for your reply.

I think we do have a motive. Lori said she didn't want the children - plural, one year ago. I don't think it needs to be any more complex than that. See the delight on her face once free of them, weeks after they disappeared.

Just like she said she would kill Charles. There was no reason she couldn't divorce him, but she didn't. He was killed in front of her and we saw her laughing afterwards. I don't buy the self-defense explanation for it. And neither do I accept Tammy died of natural causes a matter of days before Chad and Lori's marriage. He's playing the ukulele and figuratively speaking dancing on Tammy's grave.

You are correct. There is much circumstantial evidence to suspect the murder of adults in this case including possible motives; however, there is little to build a motive on killing her kids. There are many parents who want to be free of their kids but they are not murderers. There are countless deadbeat parents running around these days who have nothing to do with their children. Lori has family support who can take the children and she has, according to her beliefs theoretically, a motive to hide her children out somewhere.

According to the detective hired by BB, "This is obviously centered around their religious beliefs." New details come to light about family members of missing Rexburg kids

I just don't see anything in those beliefs that indicate she would kill her kids. Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it possible they are in hiding somewhere? Absolutely!

IMO!!! Got to thinking about Tammy’s life insurance. I know every state and school district is different but I can tell you how it works for me. Our school years fiscal year is July 1 to June 30th. If you are already an employee your reenrollment period comes around approximately in April. You can chose to make changes with your health insurance plan, change your life insurance, chose disability, all that junk. My district has a life policy they pay for but an employee can add to the policy for little to nothing because school employees are generally lower risk than some occupations. Basically you sign off BUT at our district this coverage does not start taking the premiums until September when new employees get their first paycheck. This is how my district works but IMO possible if Tammy’s policy was upped during an enrollment period it would not take effect until after her first paycheck. Which in my case would be mid to late September.
MOO!!! I do not know the particulars of their district only mine.
Very interesting. So if Tammy's policy was similar, the new higher amount would not have been in effect till September. Chad urged her to visit parents beginning of October. The murder attempt on BB happened on the 2nd. When Tammy returned, we had the "paintball" incident, then 10 days after that she was dead. All this happened while LV, CD and AC were in and out of their storage locker, where gun cases and who knows what else were stored, just a few miles away.

Last edited:
Okay let me weigh in on a few things. First of all, if Lori and Chad were staying at Kauai Beach Resort, with her HI resident ID, she got kamaaina rates. It’s so expensive on Maui that our family did a staycation on Kauai, staying at that very resort Lori and Chad did. We may have even been there at the same time.

A long term rental is not likely to rent at different prices during peak seasons. That defeats the purpose of the long term rental. They may have been staying in an illegal rental that was reported as “long term” (6 months or more) because in recent years Hawaii has been trying to crack down on short term rentals (Air B&B, VRBO) and no owner in their right mind would draw that attention to themselves.

The fact that Lori and Chad tried to RENT A ROOM from a home on Kauai lends to the idea that they might be running low on funds. She’s carrying her cash in bags because Hawaii doesn’t have mainland banks. If they wanted larger sums of cash, they would have to go the bank (with ATM fees) or the supermarket. Those would all leave paper trails, right? So carry the cash it is.

Lori and Chad might be up to no good but no locals are getting involved with this bs. Why? If only to rob them maybe since they carry their cash around like a lolo. But yeah... no one is catching a case behind this mess. Trust me.

Chad looks over the moon with Lori. I think he finally snagged his dream girl. His hair is different, his clothes aren’t as dowdy, he even lost some weight. He’s probably willing to do everything he can for Lori.

Anyway, for what it’s worth, those are my observations from a HI resident. If you guys already discussed this stuff in the last 14 threads, my bad... keep scrolling. Aloha.

They tried to rent a room, then got the condo. So maybe they were trying to watch the funds.

What do you mean about no mainland banks in Hawaii? Like theres no Chase bank there? I'm confused.

Jmo

You are correct. There is much circumstantial evidence to suspect the murder of adults in this case including possible motives; however, there is little to build a motive on killing her kids. There are many parents who want to be free of their kids but they are not murderers. There are countless deadbeat parents running around these days who have nothing to do with their children. Lori has family support who can take the children and she has, according to her beliefs theoretically, a motive to hide her children out somewhere.

According to the detective hired by BB, "This is obviously centered around their religious beliefs." New details come to light about family members of missing Rexburg kids

I just don't see anything in those beliefs that indicate she would kill her kids. Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it possible they are in hiding somewhere? Absolutely!
The fact they are missing and have not been shown to Welfare is motive enough. Anyone hiding them will be committing an offence also.

SBM

I think it's entirely possible the kids are alive. I think it's more possible than in most missing-people cases.

However, I do wonder if killing them (hard to even type that) would be considered a way of not only sparing them of the horror of the end of the world, but would also secure them a place in the next life? Is there a belief that there is limited space for the saved? Or, are "innocents" better off departing this world while still innocent? IDK!!

I am holding onto hope that the kids are in hiding with someone, but I'm super concerned about J.J. of course. I hope that kid is not only alive, but feeling safe and secure.

jmo

Well, never mind she was telling apparently more than one person that they should get their kids and go off the cliff. So those to you don't indicate beliefs that she could harm her kids?

Yea that is horribly sad yet mature and also probably a learned trait from coping with a dysfunctional and psychotic mom. She probably truly felt like she was JJ’s mom. She probably took care of him more than Lori. What also strikes me and angers me greatly is how NO ONE looked out for her. Anybody send her a birthday present? And I still can’t get over Colby recognizing that yet not asking where they are moving. Blows my mind. September to November 26 is a LONG time.

Sadly, he is probably used to this kind of behavior. You don't need to look any further back than Jan/Feb of last year to find a time when she left and at least some of her people didn't know where she'd gone. Just a guess that he might not have even really wanted to know where she was going and what she was up to...sort of "Yeah, whatevs, mom, take off, don't see your only grand baby, whatevs...." Maybe a sense of futility in even asking about her plans???

I think for me the ah ha moment was the "ping" of the cell phone in Rexburg reported in December..yet no sign of a 17 year old girl who should be connected to it as her life line to her friends, Tylee should be doing dance skits on TikTok like other girls her age and now it is silent. She seemed to be a pretty head strong smart girl. I dont see this hiding thing no matter what kind of prepper you have. Then you look at the pattern you describe and we have a conclusion. MOO
So I think that ping on Tylee's or Lori's phone in Rexburg was just after LE had visited CR and did not find the kids (so the 26th November) They clearly were monitoring the phone (s) and when CR contacted his mum and they found her gone on the 27th, that was a big red flag.

Agreed. Not only that but we'd have to consider what exactly it would take to successfully hide the children alive. This includes, among other things:

• At least one or more people willing and able to shelter, feed, and care for the children for an extended and indeterminate period of time.
  • They must be able to do this with little or no compensation from Lori during this time, lest LE or others can track them through payments.
  • Said people must also be very loyal and/or close to Lori in order for her to trust them with caring for her children.
  • They must also be willing and able to keep the whole affair quiet and not let others know about the children. The more people who know about the children the more likely there will be an eventual leak.
  • They must be willing to break the law for Lori, even to the point of facing potential felony and federal charges for keeping the children hidden from LE in this missing and endangered children case.
  • They must not be tempted by money - there is after all a $20,000 reward for their safe return.
  • They must not be swayed by public opinion, social media, news, MSM, or other revelations which cast doubt on Lori or Chad's motives and activities for the last year or so. They must completely and infallibly believe Lori's story and/or character to be above reproach. They cannot ever question or doubt her integrity in the least.
  • They must be willing to not care about and ignore the feelings of any of TR or JJ's extended family who are searching and pleading for their return.
  • They must be able to keep TR and JJ isolated from the rest of the world so that they don't know everyone, including loving family, are looking for them, otherwise...
  • They must brainwash TR and JJ into not caring that everyone, including loving family, are looking for them.
  • They must have the cooperation of, or be able to deal with, a teenager who may or may not want to be with them and/or wants her own freedoms.
  • They must be able to deal with a young autistic special needs boy, whose entire life has been upended and thrown into chaos, while caring for all his needs, and keeping him out of danger/trouble.
  • Do all of this while not having any contact with Lori, lest LE or others are able to track them down through their communications.
While I could see a few of these things potentially happening, there is just simply no way I could see all of these things being true. And while I still very much hope that the kids are alive and well somewhere, it isn't looking very good to me right now. MOO.

You had me at loyalty (even though the rest of the list is really thought-provoking, too.) Five marriages by age 46 conveys to me a very temporary view on relationships.

I do think that Alex was "loyal" to her, but I suspect that a quid pro quo form of "loyalty" existed between them. So who else would have the kind of loyalty to her that you are describing? This is the question that I come up empty on every time -- who would be hiding them for her?

Well, never mind she was telling apparently more than one person that they should get their kids and go off the cliff. So those to you don't indicate beliefs that she could harm her kids?
Maybe she was influenced by Chad who could provide her with a mystical justification for getting rid of the kids, just like with his visions of Tammy's death. On previous occasions she spoke about driving off a cliff when she was cornered (custody issues) or in a hypothetical dire situation (end of times happening). There's no indication that she was in such a situation in September.

Last edited:
So I think that ping on Tylee's or Lori's phone in Rexburg was just after LE had visited CR and did not find the kids (so the 26th November) They clearly were monitoring the phone (s) and when CR contacted his mum and they found her gone on the 27th, that was a big red flag.

Stupid Question Alert: How would they go about doing that? In the legal sense, in the functional sense, in any other sense that I can't quite wrap my head around? It would be a huge clue, so if that was done...could you/someone explain how?

You had me at loyalty (even though the rest of the list is really thought-provoking, too.) Five marriages by age 46 conveys to me a very temporary view on relationships.

I do think that Alex was "loyal" to her, but I suspect that a quid pro quo form of "loyalty" existed between them. So who else would have the kind of loyalty to her that you are describing? This is the question that I come up empty on every time -- who would be hiding them for her?
BBM. IMO Melani, but she's not hiding.

Also to add, as far as the Wrangler being in the photo during Melani's move, I don't think that that necessarily has anything to do with the shooting as these were essentially basic photos the PI was taking while he was following MB....

However, I think it's another million dollar question as to its whereabouts.... I have been scratching my head for days wondering where this grey Wrangler is.... Was it sold/stashed/given away/could Tylee possibly be alive and have it?

It's driving me crazy!!
I have been saying for quite a while I think the kids may be with MB or she may know where they are but it is just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015