Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they checked parked cars in the area? I know that in one case, a much younger child climbed into a car and couldn't get out. Where can she be? This is so worrisome.
Great suggestion. They should check every storage or mechanical room too. Most clustered housing type buildings (apartments, duplexes, townhouses, etc) have small rooms for this type thing. Any crawl spaces underneath the buildings and attics or roof access spots. Lots of places to hide a little tyke like her.

Stop all the trash pick up too. No dumpsters or trash cans should be emptied.

CJ5AJMCO2JFEDNXKTZUAQEZ4JY.png
Her speech impediment could be helpful if she’s been taken. A clue if someone were to hear her speak.
Ankyloglossia - Wikipedia

The wishy-washy “maybe seen playing” is bothersome to me... it’s how a lot of these parental violence cases begin. However, 2 hours isn’t much time for her to get home, for someone to snap and hide her/cover tracks so I’m thinking she was abducted as well :(
If she did get home and start playing I would think it was a crime of opportunity- someone walking or driving by that noticed her alone and lured her out of her yard.
Moo

Her speech impediment could be helpful if she’s been taken. A clue if someone were to hear her speak.
Ankyloglossia - Wikipedia

One of mine had/ has this. ( He's an adult now, so...) She is going to sound like she is hearing impaired. Certain letters are harder than others. It's going to depend how tethered the tongue is. Insurance loves to deny this surgery, as they tend to say its an educational problem. My son did orofacial exercises, which was standard back then.

Last edited:
The wishy-washy “maybe seen playing” is bothersome to me... it’s how a lot of these parental violence cases begin. However, 2 hours isn’t much time for her to get home, for someone to snap and hide her/cover tracks so I’m thinking she was abducted as well :(
If she did get home and start playing I would think it was a crime of opportunity- someone walking or driving by that noticed her alone and lured her out of her yard.
Moo
That's why I ask if there is a step father or boyfriend of her mother in this case. I cant imagine a bio parent being able to hide the body of their own flesh and blood but I could a step parent, if she met with foul play inside the house. Although my theory as of now is that she went into the wooded area near her house and got herself lost. But you'd think they'd have found her by now if that was the case?

FEB 11, 2020
Large search team looking for missing 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik - West Metro News
[...]

The girl was playing in her front yard at Londonderry Lane in Cayce just off Highway 302. Her family contacted police around 5 p.m. Monday after they lost track of her, said Sgt. Evan Antley of the Cayce Public Safety Department. ...

[...]

Hunter said a Tip Hotline has been set up for anyone with any information, or video that may help find the girl. That number, open at 7 a.m. Tuesday is 803-205-4444.

[...]

She rode the bus home from school and got off the bus near her house, said Myrick.

[...]

Working dogs, or police K9 units, are also a part of the search, said Myrick.
Antly said authorrities have been reaching out to friends, and people at Faye’s school.

“We’re asking what did you see?” said Antley. Family members have been contacted, too. She has also been entered into the NCIC database missing children.

Personnel searching will go door-to-door, to every door in the neighborhood. Motorists will be stopped and questioned. Some homes that were visited Monday will be visited again, Antley said.

[...]

It is important to keep her picture out so people can see it, Hunter said. Myrick said there will be updates of the operation to find Faye.

This article says she was seen playing in her yard at 4 PM: Search continues for 6-year-old
That's why I ask if there is a step father or boyfriend of her mother in this case. I cant imagine a bio parent being able to hide the body of their own flesh and blood but I could a step parent, if she met with foul play inside the house. Although my theory as of now is that she went into the wooded area near her house and got herself lost. But you'd think they'd have found her by now if that was the case?
I think she would have been found by now if she just wandered off and got lost. Dogs are out searching. I’m praying new details come to light today. Praying someone saw something. I’ve seen on our local neighborhood apps that several have reported a man in a white van trying to get girls by using a teddy bear in recent days. I’m hoping for the best but I’m so worried! Saw police at the entrance of neighborhood this morning stopping cars coming and going and showing a flyer.

Last edited:

Unfortunately bio parents do hide the bodies of their own children, it's a nasty reality. I hope that's not what happened in this case. Hope Faye Just got lost and she just needs to be found.

Family members started searching for Swetlik around 3:45 p.m. Authorities were alerted around 5 p.m.

That’s a long time. I’m having glimpses of the beginning of CM’s story. :(

That timeline is very much inline with data for missing, and abducted children.

The average is two hours has lapsed before 911 is called. The parents, siblings, friends, neighbors etc. start extensively searching themselves first when the child goes missing.

As an aside:

I read a post by another poster who said it would be hard to abduct a child in a busy area like this one because someone would see them.

Sadly, that is just not the case. We know that all too well by the many cases involving abducted children which have been discussed here on WS for many years now. As painful as it is to reconcile pedophile predators are very skilled in abducting their defenseless victims.

There have been numerous child abductions that have taken place in busy residential areas in broad daylight, and no one noticed it happening nor heard anything.

I'm praying she will be found safe.

Jmho

FOX 46 Charlotte on Twitter
1f6a8.png
FLOOD YOUR FEED
1f6a8.png
Anyone who sees 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik or has information on her whereabouts needs to call South Carolina authorities at 803-794-0456 or the Tips Hotline at 803-205-4444. #MissingChild #SouthCarolina
EQf25s8WAAAgqDh.jpg

8:20 AM - 11 Feb 2020

Paul Kirby on Twitter
Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen Monday, February 10 at around 3:45 PM in the Churchill Heights Neighborhood of Cayce, SC. She has strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes. She was wearing polka dotted boots and a black t-shirt. Please keep your eyes open and let's bring Faye home!
EQgCX_ZWoAApScD.png

9:10 AM - 11 Feb 2020

FOX Carolina News on Twitter
PLEASE RT: The FBI has joined the search for missing SC girl Faye Marie Swetlik. She disappeared after getting off her school bus yesterday.
EQgP3KyXUAArlx8.jpg

10:09 AM - 11 Feb 2020

Last edited:
I read another poster who said it would be hard to abduct a child in a busy area because someone would see them.

Sadly, that is just not the case. We know that all too well by the many cases involving abducted children which have been discussed here on WS for many years now. As painful as it is to reconcile pedophile predators are very skilled in abducting their defenseless victims.

There have been numerous child abductions that have taken place in busy residential areas in broad daylight, and no one noticed it happening nor heard anything.

Jmho

SBM!!!

Abductions aren't always someone in a car snatching a child off the street. Sometimes it's a kind-looking stranger asking the child for help and leading them astray. Or sometimes it's a known family or friend leading them away by the hand in comfort. It's not always sinister looking or suspicious looking.

I think she would have been found by now if she just wondered off and got lost. Dogs are out searching. I’m praying new details come to light today. Praying someone saw something. I’ve seen on our local neighborhood apps that several have reported a man in a white van trying to get girls by using a teddy bear in recent days. I’m hoping for the best but I’m so worried! Saw police at the entrance of neighborhood this morning stopping cars coming and going and showing a flyer.

Yes I saw the reports about someone approaching children in the last few weeks. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. This is very concerning. The neighborhood is close enough to businesses where people not from the neighborhood would have easy access to it and it is close enough to the interstate where a car could be gone probably in less than 5 minutes. Praying for a happy outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member