Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity I looked up the North Carolina Amber Alert protocol and noticed it requires a vehicle make/description. I know LE are not leaning towards an abduction, but even in the case of abduction, an AA will not be activated without a vehicle description.

The law enforcement agency must have enough identifying information: such as description of child, abductor and vehicle information.
NC DPS: Amber Alert Procedure

Just the written statement that was released earlier today:

“Faye is a bubbly and happy little girl. She always wants to play and have fun. She’s not the type of kid that will up and walk away. Her mom was very attentive in watching Faye. Faye pays attention to her surroundings. Her grandmother is very distraught about what has happened because they are very close. We just want to find Faye and bring her home.”

bbm = there's that "was".

Just out of curiosity I looked up the North Carolina Amber Alert protocol and noticed it requires a vehicle make/description. I know LE are not leaning towards an abduction, but even in the case of abduction, an AA will not be activated without a vehicle description.

She’s missing in South Carolina but probably the same criteria.

There was a small statement released from the family, but I have not seen any interviews or anything. For this to be a small child here one minute gone the next, there’s very little information flowing regarding her family. JMO

Was the boyfriend in the house when Faye’s mother returned from the school bus pickup?

The timing of the witness seeing Faye playing in the front yard was right after mother had returned with Faye from the bus stop, correct?
Did this witness know how long Faye played in the yard? I don’t think so.

So while we think it is a short time frame, Faye may have only been in the yard playing for minutes. Did she go inside? Or mother or boyfriend may have come outside and told her they were going someplace. They get inside the car, leave the neighborhood, and do what to Faye and then hide her?

Why????? MOO

BBM:

Good point!

Still, keeping my fingers crossed that at least one or two of the older kids from FS's neighborhood are "non-joiners" vis-a-vis extracurricular activities.

I don't think that anyone aside from FS's mom saw her playing outside at 3:45 pm.

I think there's an obvious reason for that.

e526.png

JMO.
Yep

The law enforcement agency must have enough identifying information: such as description of child, abductor and vehicle information.
She’s missing in South Carolina but probably the same criteria.

Oh my goodness, how in the world did I mess the state up?! Thank you.

Think I’ll just silently follow for a bit until I can sit down and focus.

Molly Grantham WBTV on Twitter

An #AmberAlert can't go into effect unless law enforcement fully believes the child was abducted. There is no clear evidence Faye was definitely taken. But concern is high. She's only six. It has been 30 hours. A hotline is set up. Again: 803-205-4444.

After she's hopefully found safe and sound, a discussion might want to happen about creating something that makes ALL cases of missing kids -- especially when they're 6-years old -- a high priority. Phone alarms and highway signs. A red alert-type feel.

Been 30 hours for Faye.

Yes yes yes! Love this reporter. MOO

Yeah, but sometimes the lack of evidence is the evidence. If no clothing, blood, semen, sign of struggle & no scent trail... Hard to think of anything but abduction. But then there’d be an AMBER? Idk what to think at this point.

Didn’t they make a criteria exception for AMBER in the JC case? But it took several days as I recall. Anyone?
Yes, they issued the AA with no vehicle description - same day, Oct 15 - just later and with FBI assistance IIRC. MOO

No worries. I’m sure same protocol in most or all states.
It’s late where I live so I’m about to lose focus myself.

Don't feel too bad. I live in SC and 9 out of 10 friends consistently think that I live in NC (no matter how many times I correct them). For some reason when people hear Carolina, they automatically think of the northern one.

ETA: You would think with the popularity of LivePD and the fact that two departments featured are located in SC that they'd remember us. Especially when so much crazy stuff goes down with those two departments in particular. Also, now that I think about it... a portion of Cayce is in Richland County!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member