Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 12, 2020
NEW VIDEO: S.C. officials release video showing missing 6-year-old getting off bus minutes before her disappearance
[...]

Wednesday morning, Cayce police updated the public with new video showing Faye getting off her school bus Monday afternoon, just minutes before her family said she was last seen.

The video also contains new pictures of Faye and the hotline for tips: 803-205-4444.

The investigation is currently focused on the neighborhood where Faye lives and the home she shares with her mother and grandmother on Londonderry Square.

[...]

Authorities said Tuesday there is no evidence Faye was abducted.

[...]

There are numerous rumors circulating among the community about the case but the information in this story is all that police have confirmed at this time.

Police wanted to stress Wednesday morning that people should not believe social media rumors about a body being found. The search for Faye is still active.

[...]
BBM so it seems LE follows social media too.....IMO

BBM so it seems LE follows social media too.....IMO
Yes, as well as the family. Can you imagine a parent having to call the detective because they just read on Facebook that their child's body was found? It's maddening.

We had one case where a rumor began that the child was being hidden with his mother in another state and property owners told searchers they didn't check their sheds and outbuildings because, you know, they read on Facebook that he wasn't really missing... :rolleyes: MOO

The recent photo we see from reports of the LE vehicle (SUV) on the inbound side of the road near the Churchill Heights sign, is this the only entrance/exit for Faye's subdivision?

EQl3zzRWsAAVgeY.jpg
There are two entrances

During what time, at time she went missing, or since?
I seriously doubt mom is at home, since the dwelling appears to be a crime scene of some type.
jmo

Trudie per TOS rules I must provide a link. I state the officer said it at the Presser this morning.

I understand your doubts because I cannot give you an exact quote.

I am trying to remember in the past how I could reply to your very legitimate query.

I think I will rephrase my post to indicate that in my opinion this is what the officer said. That way you have a clear path to question me.

I hope this satisfactorily and most important within TOS rules remedies any confusion over what I said.

Thanks for allowing me to clarify myself.

Perhaps we will get a transcription that has his exact wording?

My Opinion Only :);)

Cody Alcorn on Twitter
If you were in Greenville in 2007 this #FayeSwetlik case resembles the case of missing 4yo Javeion Mayes in Greenville. @GvlPD found his body 2 days after his father reported him missing in a bag, in thick kudzu near the home he vanished.
1f64f-1f3fc.png
this one ends differently.
12:58 PM - 12 Feb 2020 from Greenville, SC

In the BUS video, does it appear that Faye is afraid as she peeks out and looks both ways from her seat?

With regard to “no obvious signs of abduction”, I take that to mean that they have not found video, witnesses, dropped freeze pop etc that indicate that anyone grabbed or lured her. She still could have been abducted, they just don’t have evidence that directs them as such.

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

is this it?
I wonder if they have cameras.....

Across the street is not quite accurate. Team Cars is across Airport Blvd, the main road outside the neighborhood. Maybe no camera there but there is a Sunoco just down the road.

LE states they have no evidence of an abduction. This is very different than stating they don't think she was abducted. LE has some local video and has not mentioned a suspicious car or similar.

FS is nowhere to be found, so either she wandered off or she WAS abducted, by someone she knows or a stranger. Seems she would have been found if she wandered off.

Posting an overhead image of the area again (sorry). FS's house is marked with an F. I'm struck by how close the dirt lot with construction equipment is to the backyard, maybe 130 feet. The NAPA warehouse lot is also very close. If she was abducted, targeted or otherwise, this might be where it happened. She may have wandered away from the backyard, which is pretty small.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 54
In the BUS video, does it appear that Faye is afraid as she peeks out and looks both ways from her seat?
I feel like she has an apprehensive look......

She looked terrified to me! I thought I was reading too much into her behavior, but she looks scared and sad!
Definitely sad, imo.
Unposed videos/photos seem to always tell a deeper story, imo. Not often will a parent post pics of their children with unflattering expressions. Moo
Usually everyone comments: she looks beautiful, so happy & well taken care of......and that is not always the case.
Look at pics of AJ Freund, for example.
Moo

Last edited:
Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
There have been a lot of questions regarding why an AMBER Alert has not been issued in the disappearance of Faye Swetlik and this case so far does not meet the federally mandated guidelines.
1:34 PM - 12 Feb 2020

For an AMBER Alert to be issued, law enforcement should have evidence that an abduction has occurred and have enough information to share which would aid in the recovery of a child.

Local media, along with social media, continue to be invaluable in sharing information as this investigation continues. For more information about AMBER Alerts, please visit this website. https://amberalert.ojp.gov/ @wis10 @WLTX @abc_columbia @wachfox @thestate @WestMetroNews

Across the street is not quite accurate. Team Cars is across Airport Blvd, the main road outside the neighborhood. Maybe no camera there but there is a Sunoco just down the road.

LE states they have no evidence of an abduction. This is very different than stating they don't think she was abducted. LE has some local video and has not mentioned a suspicious car or similar.

FS is nowhere to be found, so either she wandered off or she WAS abducted, by someone she knows or a stranger. Seems she would have been found if she wandered off.

Posting an overhead image of the area again (sorry). FS's house is marked with an F. I'm struck by how close the dirt lot with construction equipment is to the backyard, maybe 130 feet. The NAPA warehouse lot is also very close. If she was abducted, targeted or otherwise, this might be where it happened. She may have wandered away from the backyard, which is pretty small.
I put this in the media / map thread. it's rather alarming IMO. since they have increased the grid search area - it would seem a tip or something led them to do this IMO. thanks for doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea