TX - Joshua Thorne, 23 mos, dies of head injury, Arlington, 11 July 2007

ajc2804

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas — A 24-year-old Texas mother is in jail after she treated her 2-year-old son's head injury with a Popsicle instead of calling 9-1-1.
Ebony Thorne's son Joshua later died of the injury.
Arlington police said the boy fell eight feet down a U-shaped stairwell in Thorne's apartment Wednesday morning. Investigators said instead of calling for an ambulance, Thorne placed a Popsicle on her son's head and put him to bed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289207,00.html

ARLINGTON -- Ebony Thorne smoked a joint at 10 p.m. Tuesday; two hours later she took two Tylenol PMs and fell asleep, an arrest warrant affidavit says.
The 24-year-old mother of four woke about 5 a.m. Wednesday to a loud "thump" and her son Joshua's cries. She figured that the toddler, who would have turned 2 this month, had fallen from the top stairs in her split-level apartment, dropping about eight feet to the first floor, according to the affidavit.
By early afternoon, the child was pronounced dead. Police arrested Thorne on Wednesday evening on suspicion of injury to a child.
She remained in the Arlington Jail on Thursday; bail was set at $25,000.

http://www.star-telegram.com/arlington_news/story/167843.html

**Pic of the "Mother" at this site**

Investigators found him with black eyes; small human bite marks on his left arm, chest and face; unknown contusions on his nose; swelling on the left side of the back of his head; and dried blood on his nose and mouth, the affidavit states.

Police also found what appeared to be feces on the wall in the stairwell, possible bloodstains on a pillow on the living room couch and on a towel in the upstairs hall, and what appeared to be remains of a marijuana cigarette under the couch in an ashtray

Obviously there's a reason the grandmother had custody.

It's idiots like this that give us young mothers a bad name.

Who would ever let her be alone with them? I mean, LOOK at her, she meets not even the minimum standard her own Mother could possibly have. Their negligent too! The Mother -MURDERER didn't even have custody. The people in the circle need to be charged too when this stuff happens, so it stops!

From the article:

Thorne's four children -- a 5-year-old girl, a 3-year-old boy, Joshua and a 10-month-old girl -- were being cared for by family members because of "drug use in the home on the part of the parents that contributed to neglectful supervision issues," CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzalessaid.

So, she had these three and the almost two-year old who died. . . .

I guess we know what she's good for and it ain't taking care of kids. When will these idiots realize that birth control is there for a reason??????:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The person who left those kids alone in her custody should be charged. She wasn't supposed to be left alone with them yet she was. Irresponsible! IMO

ARLINGTON -- Ebony Thorne smoked a joint at 10 p.m. Tuesday; two hours later she took two Tylenol PMs and fell asleep, an arrest warrant affidavit says.
The 24-year-old mother of four woke about 5 a.m. Wednesday to a loud "thump" and her son Joshua's cries. She figured that the toddler, who would have turned 2 this month, had fallen from the top stairs in her split-level apartment, dropping about eight feet to the first floor, according to the affidavit.
By early afternoon, the child was pronounced dead. Police arrested Thorne on Wednesday evening on suspicion of injury to a child.

Investigators found him with black eyes; small human bite marks on his left arm, chest and face; unknown contusions on his nose; swelling on the left side of the back of his head; and dried blood on his nose and mouth, the affidavit states.

Police also found what appeared to be feces on the wall in the stairwell, possible bloodstains on a pillow on the living room couch and on a towel in the upstairs hall, and what appeared to be remains of a marijuana cigarette under the couch in an ashtray

DOESN'T SHE LOOK LIKE MOTHER OF THE FRICKIN YEAR?!!!!!:mad:

Who was suppsed to be watching the children with her? Was it the father or did the grandparents let her have a visit w/o supervision? Plus why in the hell would the father call the grandmother before 911?

Who was suppsed to be watching the children with her? Was it the father or did the grandparents let her have a visit w/o supervision? Plus why in the hell would the father call the grandmother before 911?

All I can think of is they did not call 911 because they weren't supposed to be alone with the kids and they would have gotten in trouble. Oh, cry me a freakin' river. I hope ALL of them are brought up on charges. Unbelievable. Just can't say that enough.

How in the Sam Hell did she think a popsicle was going to fix a head injury?

Yeah, this is where I'm stuck, too. Well, I'm stuck on a lot of it, actually... :banghead:

24? She looks more like 54, and used up. Trash should've closed her legs before she extruded the first one.

Too many unanswered questions, obviously she can't take care of even one child, and a little boy is dead.

Makes me sick, frankly.

I actually understand about the popsicle, though not the failure to call 911.

When there is an injury and you want to stop or slow swelling, you apply ice. I have been known to use bags of frozen vegtables if I had forgotten to fill the ice trays.

I actually understand about the popsicle, though not the failure to call 911.

When there is an injury and you want to stop or slow swelling, you apply ice. I have been known to use bags of frozen vegtables if I had forgotten to fill the ice trays.

It's true, a bag of frozen corn or peas works great to reduce swelling or to soothe a burn. They mold to the shape of the area -- great for mildly sprained ankles.

But NOT a popsicle and NOT a serious head wound. That treatment was completely callous. This woman just didn't want contact with any official-type people, and her child's serious injury was not enough to get her to overcome that. Selfish and criminal through and through.

Tylenol PM doesn't make you look like that - obviously marijuana and other drugs are involved here! I mean... your kid has a fall that serious and you stick a popsicle to their head adn go back to bed? What the heck? Most parents, druggies or not, rush their kids to the doctor for EVERY little thing because they value them. That is so sad... poor baby. You know that had to hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back