UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

With Susan gone and the boys murdered too by Josh will always stick with me. I met Steven P., 3 times. All 3 times I disliked him, years before Susan disappeared. He was so creepy, I refused to be near him at work and others too. Thousands of miles from Utah or Washington, he still could creep anyone. It was work wise in 2000. Glad he's gone. Boogeyman is gone!

I hope investigations continue in finding her. Josh, Michael & Dad gave some clues. They just need action to go search again. And again. I feel the police or prosecution wanted her body in order to charge Josh. They had a case, with no body. It could have been won with how creepy the family history of the Powell's were along with all of Josh's controlling behavior, let alone his weird nature like his dad and family history. Damn! jmo

“I don't want it to be just about our Charlie and Braden and Susan. I want it to be for everyone,” said Chuck Cox, Susan’s dad.

Cox said the pain of loss has never left him, but he deals with it and tries to help others. During the vigil, other parents were inspired to go up to the podium to share their stories of heartache, while people stood by to listen and to comfort them.

“Any time we can feel that we're doing good then I know that it's worth the time and the tearing it open and telling the story,” Cox said.

A community fundraising effort helped pay for this monument several years ago. It began with Sheriff Pastor and Detective Ed Troyer buying up the plots surrounding Braden and Charlie’s grave site to prevent the remains of Josh Powell from being buried next to them.

Earlier this year, the Utah Cold Case Coalition launched a new search of mines in Utah's west desert, but they didn't find anything. The group said more searches could take place in the future.
Vigil in Puyallup marks 10 years since Susan Powell's disappearance

Friday marked the tenth anniversary of Susan's disappearance for the world — but it was merely day 3,650 for the Cox family, waiting for word on their daughter.

“You don’t feel like putting up trees or doing anything like that, but we have other grandchildren, and you realize you have to move on."

b31a1a41-e4ed-47d1-85e5-0f02cd3544c1-medium16x9_kutvheidichuckcoxinterview1206192.jpg

Chuck Cox is the father of four daughters, grandfather to 12 grandchildren, and the rock that keeps his family afloat. He puts one foot in front of the other every day, because he has to.

“I know if she were here, she would want me to help other people," Cox said.
3,650 days missing: Chuck Cox reflects on life without Susan Cox Powell

Thank you all for the links. I will get to all of the updates as time allows.

I have archived Susans case since December of 2009. Everything I could find basically is saved.

Yesterday I started a new sub-section "10 Years and Beyond", so everything from this point forward will be archived there.
As of now there's only 2 articles, but it will grow. So far in all the sections, I saved about 2650 files. I wasn't skilled 10 years ago, so the early stuff is rough (lol) but I have improved.

Here's the new section (from there you can access all) (best not to use a cellphone for the archives I have found):
12/5/19 A 10-year timeline, created by KUTV. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

ETA: Some glitches today.
Here is the main Susan Cox Powell Case Archive:

Dec 2009 Powell home, West Valley City, Utah
There are 6 sub-albums, specific to the facets of her case.

The Cold podcast about this case is absolutely fantastic.
At LEAST 20 hours of material relating to this case. Excerpts of Josh and Steve's audio journals, written journals, video journals. Well-researched, thoughtful, very incredible. Interviews with many close to Susan and the boys. Consistent interviews throughout with lead detective Ellis Maxwell on the case.

I'm now onto the bonus episodes and Dave (the narrator and investigative reporter behind Cold) is talking about something I NEVER knew about this case, and I honestly thought I knew pretty much everything by now: The Dumpster Drops.

LE had placed a GPS on Josh's minivan the day after the investigation started. They had GPS tracking data of Josh making REPEATED, SUSPICIOUS stops to MULTIPLE dumpsters. I'm talking like at least 10 different dropping areas. A dog park, a strip mall, a landfill, a condo apartment complex parking lot.

Definitely, definitely getting rid of evidence. Sadly, it appears LE did not have someone actively following Josh's dumpster drops. It drives me absolutely nuts that someone was not ON this 100% of the day. That should've been a top priority. I think the case was handled well besides this, but man, what a glaring error in retrospect. Absolutely painful.

He even makes a random, 10 minute stop over a murky corral off a highway in I think Idaho... never followed up on.

The Cold podcast about this case is absolutely fantastic.
At LEAST 20 hours of material relating to this case. Excerpts of Josh and Steve's audio journals, written journals, video journals. Well-researched, thoughtful, very incredible. Interviews with many close to Susan and the boys. Consistent interviews throughout with lead detective Ellis Maxwell on the case.

I'm now onto the bonus episodes and Dave (the narrator and investigative reporter behind Cold) is talking about something I NEVER knew about this case, and I honestly thought I knew pretty much everything by now: The Dumpster Drops.

LE had placed a GPS on Josh's minivan the day after the investigation started. They had GPS tracking data of Josh making REPEATED, SUSPICIOUS stops to MULTIPLE dumpsters. I'm talking like at least 10 different dropping areas. A dog park, a strip mall, a landfill, a condo apartment complex parking lot.

Definitely, definitely getting rid of evidence. Sadly, it appears LE did not have someone actively following Josh's dumpster drops. It drives me absolutely nuts that someone was not ON this 100% of the day. That should've been a top priority. I think the case was handled well besides this, but man, what a glaring error in retrospect. Absolutely painful.

He even makes a random, 10 minute stop over a murky corral off a highway in I think Idaho... never followed up on.

Do you know if they checked any of those places out?

According to the podcast, there was ONE lucky time where a detective got on and downloaded the data from the driving of the day before, saw a dumpster stop, and rushed out to it. He found nothing. But keep in mind they got to it the next day. :(

(IMO) I feel like this case was dammed from the beginning. He could have been charged with something or held in jail before those babies ended up dead, then maybe they would still be alive and maybe we’d have an idea where Susan was/is by now. I’m not saying LE did a crap job but much of what happened could have been prevented. I’m not sure we’ll ever know now. I’m irritated that the places you brought up really haven’t been checked out when it was critical. Uggghhh

FEB 18, 2020
Trial begins over violent deaths of missing mom Susan Powell's sons
One of the final chapters in the December 2009 disappearance of former Puyallup resident Susan Cox Powell begins Tuesday, with opening arguments in a civil lawsuit over the brutal deaths of her two young sons.

[...]

The wrongful death lawsuit was originally brought in 2012 by Susan Powell's parents, Judy and Chuck Cox of Puyallup, who allege that negligence by the state Department of Social and Health Services was a contributing factor that led to the deaths of their grandsons at the hands of their father.

The Coxes' lawsuit was thrown out in 2015 but was revived earlier last year by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

On the first day of trial, in Pierce County Superior Court, both sides will present opening statements, and attorneys for the Cox family will begin to call witnesses. The trial is expected to last four weeks. Judge Stanley J. Rumbaugh will preside.

[…]

The Coxes' attorney, Anne Bremner, says there were "red flags" that should have warned DSHS that Josh Powell was dangerous to the young boys, in part because they were witnesses to what happened during the infamous midnight camping trip.

[…]

"The most important thing we'd like to see is a change, really, in the actions and policy of DSHS in that - don't look at the reunification of the family at any cost. Rather, look at the best interests of the child," Bremner said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back