Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right, although it looks like the Congaree is about the same distance, but in the other direction.
Google Earth map shows Congaree River much farther away. Six Mile Creek runs under Interstate 26 which is near her home.

If LE is asking about two cars driving out of the neighborhood then they must now be focusing on a possible abduction. (I know, I know, they said the drivers might have seen something and want to talk to them, but they always say that in these situations)
If she was kidnapped, so close to the interstate, she could be anywhere.
Just my thoughts.
We just don’t know what tips LE received. Possibly one of the vehicles was seen at or near Faye’s home but no one will admit to knowing the driver/owner. Something about both vehicles aroused curiosity. I’m certain many more vehicles were in/out of the hood during the 2-5 timeframe that LE have no interest in. Jmo

Question, why did LE say there is no evidence of abduction? Wouldn't the lack of evidence, in general, of her whereabouts, warrant them implying that anything is possible? I just find that strange unless evidence points otherwise? Or no?

Also, my daughter and her cousin walked behind our treeline at our house today and were playing a game and didnt answer our calls for about 5 minutes. That 5 minutes literally felt like an hour with the immediate panic involved. Did they say why it took an hour to call the police? I understand they were looking in that time, but obviously thought maybe she wandered away? If they were new to the neighborhood, would she already be comfortable visiting a neighbor? Did they think a family member picked her up? Im just trying to understand the initial thought of where she could be. Just inquiries and thoughts stemmed from MOO.

In this video a woman says she was in the store when mom came in asking the cashier if she saw her daughter. This may be why it took longer, mom was going to the local businesses asking if anyone saw Faye. (56 sec mark on video)

FBI, volunteers search for 6-year-old who vanished after getting off school bus

Six mile creek on Thursday February 6 was high and rushing quickly according to video posted by this guy on YouTube. Faye went missing Monday, I wonder how quickly that creek flooding dissipates?

Thank you for sharing this video.

That is some churning water! :( Not survivable for a little peanut. Or an adult for that matter... Faye where are you?

It appears to be the same Six Mile Creek from this map, but you are right it begins in Pineville, North Carolina and flows South into Cayce, South Carolina and on to ocean ‍♀️ I’m not sure if that means water would be flowing differently in those two areas or not? ‍♀️

Attachments

• EAAF8E00-F637-451A-ADFC-F0970ACB2094.jpeg
    EAAF8E00-F637-451A-ADFC-F0970ACB2094.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 6
Six mile creek on Thursday February 6 was high and rushing quickly according to video posted by this guy on YouTube. Faye went missing Monday, I wonder how quickly that creek flooding dissipates?

Sorry to be a pain, this is not the correct six mile creek. If you notice this other guys video's he has one of the creek on 2/8/2020 where it has snowed. This particular part of SC has not had snow like that in years.

I used Google Earth to walk to Six Mile Creek. The first thing I noticed is there were ALOT of kids playing outside as the route was photographed. Of course I know those photos were from last year or maybe even older but it still seems like ALOT of kids running around and NO ONE saw Faye???

Sorry to be a pain, this is not the correct six mile creek. If you notice this other guys video's he has one of the creek on 2/8/2020 where it has snowed. This particular part of SC has not had snow like that in years.
You are correct, someone else caught that too. It is the same creek flowing from NC, but the one I posted was from different location. SORRY!!!

Attachments

• 4B2AC3CD-E5B9-4F50-ACC7-11A072A5F4B4.jpeg
    4B2AC3CD-E5B9-4F50-ACC7-11A072A5F4B4.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 5
It appears to be the same Six Mile Creek from this map, but you are right it begins in Pineville, North Carolina and flows South into Cayce, South Carolina and on to ocean ‍♀️ I’m not sure if that means water would be flowing differently in those two areas or not? ‍♀️
Right. Not an expert in this area, but I always assumed it was creeks-> rivers->ocean. The Broad and Saluda Rivers converge to become the Congaree near Columbia, which I am sure you have seen from the maps. The lake murray dam (near Columbia) releases water into the saluda which will cause levels to rise in the Saluda and consequently Congaree, and I guess potentially other small creeks/streams.

I am trying to remember the exact place I read or listened to this same narrative as Dre mentions; that Faye’s mother initially believed Faye was visiting an elderly neighbor who unfortunately was not at home.

Does anyone else remember? Could it have been Officer Antley at the Cayce Presser Tuesday morning.(link?) I am not sure?Help.

My Opinion

Yes, I remember the house. I went through thread 1 and could not find it. There was a photo shown of the house across the street from Faye's and on the corner. It had a front porch.

Possibly the now identified SUV & sedan both appeared on a RING bell system on Faye’s street. I feel like the area would have a lot of vehicles driving around due to the number of townhomes for rent.

That’s possible, though the photos were that were distributed were taken from video obtained from Team Cars, outside the entrance to the neighborhood at Piccadilly & Airport Boulevard. The vehicles turn north on Airport, out of the neighborhood.

Yes, they have. Cayce Dept of Public Safety posted on their social media page that they are utilizing K-9s in the search.
Cayce, SC - Time for Life
Cayce Department of Public Safety

The deployment of police K-9 teams continue to be a valuable tool in the search for #FayeSwetlik and the Cayce Department of Public Safety, Lexington County Sheriff’s Department, Columbia Police Department and the State Law Enforcement Division have all been involved in multiple searches, both day and night, throughout the past two days.

We will continue to utilize K-9 teams in our ongoing effort to bring Faye home. #PrayforFaye

Have they at any point deployed SAR (search and rescue) dogs to try and track FMS? If she wandered away, it seems like dogs would be able to track her scent. JMO

Gina Esposito on Twitter
NOW: First responders are going through neighbor’s trash cans prior to being dumped. This is in the neighborhood where 6-year-old Faye Swetlik disappeared. Police still have the neighborhood blocked off to non-residents as they investigate. @wsoctv
EQqdbuhWkAAjRSb.jpg

9:45 AM - 13 Feb 2020

This may have already been posted. Interview with a mother in neighborhood. She talks about all the kids in that neighborhood playing outside. I just realized that Faye got out earlier??? She said she picks her children up at 3:25pm. Faye arrived home 2:50pm. So there would not have been older kids getting home from school until 3:30pm or later? Her mother noticed her missing about the time (3:45pm) they would have been getting home. Obviously younger children go home on bus earlier, I wonder what time older children arrive home??? How was she not seen by them?
Neighbors shocked, terrified day after 6-year-old girl disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members