Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's have to have been there if the court told him to be. I'm not sure if that would be standard in this situation or not. I'd say that if they didn't tell Chad and Lori to be there that their lawyer wouldn't be ordered to. As far as we know they weren't served with anything demanding they be there yesterday.
Thing is we don't know but I would be surprised if he was not there. Otherwise his client will lose custody IMO. It's strange that everyone said this wasn't about custody, but actually it looks like that is exactly what it is about now IMO.

But here's the thing. Didn't they take her phone on Jan 26th? Who's device is she using to continue to check the site on Jan 31 and Feb4?
Did the police perhaps have to return her phone after a certain period if she wasn't charged with anything? Did she get another phone? Did she use a computer to access the school website? If the first few times she didn't find any interesting info (the case hadn't been made public yet), why did she keep checking back?

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts
Case Information

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

02/26/2020 Status Conference

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
9:00 AM

Comment
Telephonic
  • 03/04/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    Guardianship

• 03/12/2020 Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    10:00 AM

**This was added last night. If you click on the link you can read the full summary
Edit I added what is coming up. I think the 3/12/2020 is a biggie

Yes, that is the only one and the one I am on about. Tuesday I think it was. They aren't allowed to report if he was there or not though right? Something must have been going on for two hours. And yes, I wouldn't put it past him to slip out the back. Isn't his office right near the court IIRC? TBH he had to be there or he would be in contempt too as an officer of the court I think.

I don't know if I'm reading this right, but doesn't this court document indicate only the Woodcocks and their attorney was present?

Current Guardianship Case info:

Case Information

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

Case Number
CV33-20-0088

Court
Madison County Magistrate Court

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

File Date
01/29/2020

Case Type
G3a- Joint Petition Guard/Conserv (Minor) Same Party

Case Status
Active - Pending

Party
Subject
Vallow, Joshua

Petitioner
Woodcock, Ethel

Active Attorneys

Lead Attorney
May, Kyle Richard
Retained

Petitioner
Woodcock, Larry

Active Attorneys

Lead Attorney
May, Kyle Richard
Retained

Events and Hearings

• 01/29/2020 New Case - Both Guardian/Conserv (Minor - Same Party)

• 01/29/2020 Family Law Case Information Sheet

Comment
    FAMILY CASE LAW INFO SHEET

• 01/29/2020 GC Petition for Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Comment
    Ex Parte Petition

• 01/29/2020 GC Petition for Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Comment
    Petition for Appointment

• 01/29/2020 Acceptance of Appointment

Comment
    ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT

• 01/29/2020 Acceptance of Appointment

Comment
    ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT

• 01/30/2020 Order of Assignment TCA

• 02/05/2020 Acceptance of Appointment as Guardian Ad Litem

Comment
    Acceptance of Appointment as Guardian ad Litem

• 02/06/2020 Notice of Hearing

Comment
    Notice of Hearing

• 02/06/2020 Notice of Hearing

Comment
    Notice of Hearing

• 02/12/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    04:45 PM

• 03/04/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time

Comment
    Guardianship
iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Thing is we don't know but I would be surprised if he was not there. Otherwise his client will lose custody IMO. It's strange that everyone said this wasn't about custody, but actually it looks like that is exactly what it is about now IMO.
I believe it's only the first steps in uncovering something bigger. At least that's what the search warrants we know of would suggest... MOO.

Great post. ITA. Speaking of the timeline exploding, I plan to try to post Update#6 today or later tonight if no BIG news breaks (such as arrests or they find the kids). I keep waiting for a break in the news cycle thinking I can post when we don't have very many new things coming out but there hasn't really been a break. I probably won't be able to watch Dateline right away as it's Valentine's Day and I have a romantic date with my hubby planned for that night. :D I'm going to try to get a new one up before the Special airs so at least you guys will have most of the timeline info in one place to reference.
Your work on this is humbling... can you tell your hubby that there are a lot of us who are hoping you have a fabulous night on the town.

I am new to to site and there are so many threads I will probably never catch up. There are also rules as to what can and cannot be posted. If my question is not allowed, I'm sorry and please delete it. That being said, does anyone know if there have been any organized searches for these kids in any of the locations these people lived in?

You're right, there was a blip. But if it's the same as what I found then it's also a non-blip as all's he said was essentially "no comment." I don't detect any attitudes/feelings expressed towards his client however, for or against, as you suggested. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Attorney quote day after search warrants were served in Kauai.

"He said he didn't know where the kids were or if they were even alive." BBM

Police confirm Vallow search warrant served - Local News 8

I wonder if LE or any other agency recovered any doorbell cam/ security footage from neighbors on the days leading up to when they went missing or after? And the same for the day CV was killed. I am not sure if this has been discussed before.

If they did it would be part of the open investigation and not discussed or shared with the news media or public by the authorities unless they felt it was necessary to disclose to provoke a reaction. If those items become part of evidence in a trial then they are public record. Of course, the owner of the video could say something to the media ahead of time such as "Police took my Ring recordings" (usually for profit, most famous witness selling their story ahead of trial was at the OJ case) which makes that piece of evidence weaker and can even harm the entire case against the defendants.

Granted, a video is much stronger than an eyewitness account but if someone sold it to the media ahead of time and I was the defense attorney I could easily bring about doubt by claiming that they fabricated it specifically for the purposes of making money and it's not a valid piece of evidence.

ETA: MOO. Not an attorney.

Reference: Would O.J. Have Been Found Guilty If One Witness Never Sold Her Story? | HuffPost

Good info about the reasons why TD's autopsy may take so long. Also, BB mentions that he baptized Lori's son (has to be referring to Colby), which makes me wonder if there were times during their marriage that Charles was not able to go to the temple. That could have caused quite a rift between the two if that was the case. This also could explain the string of divorces for Lori. If her husbands suddenly became "unworthy" she may have moved quickly to get rid of them. After getting rid of a husband, she would move quick to marry a temple worthy member because without a temple worthy husband, she can't get to the highest degree of glory...IMO
I’ve never seen confirmation she was sealed in the temple to any of her now five husbands nor gotten the impression she was by anything we’ve seen/heard. MOO

I wonder if LE or any other agency recovered any doorbell cam/ security footage from neighbors on the days leading up to when they went missing or after? And the same for the day CV was killed. I am not sure if this has been discussed before.
As for the day CV was killed, I doubt anything would have been helpful other than the time of the vehicle leaving.
There are no houses with front doors (RING cameras) facing the residence. Maybe if such cameras picked up the shots fired? I'm doubtful of there being much video evidence.

Attachments

• Vallow Residence AZ.png
    Vallow Residence AZ.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Good info about the reasons why TD's autopsy may take so long. Also, BB mentions that he baptized Lori's son (has to be referring to Colby), which makes me wonder if there were times during their marriage that Charles was not able to go to the temple. That could have caused quite a rift between the two if that was the case. This also could explain the string of divorces for Lori. If her husbands suddenly became "unworthy" she may have moved quickly to get rid of them. After getting rid of a husband, she would move quick to marry a temple worthy member because without a temple worthy husband, she can't get to the highest degree of glory...IMO
Lori was married to Charles for relatively long (about 13 years), considering her previous short marriages. I think it was mentioned before that Charles converted to LDS for her. IMO her previous husbands became unworthy mainly because they weren't making enough money.

I am new to to site and there are so many threads I will probably never catch up. There are also rules as to what can and cannot be posted. If my question is not allowed, I'm sorry and please delete it. That being said, does anyone know if there have been any organized searches for these kids in any of the locations these people lived in?
Welcome to Websleuths. As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any searches apart from the properties being searched by the police. For organized community searches, probable target areas would have to be identified first. At present we don't even know if the children were taken out of Idaho or not. Their last known location might have been at home.

Men can have multiple wives sealed to them. There is a belief that there will be polygamy in heaven...There's a lot more to that doctrine that probably isn't pertinent to the case, but here's a bit of info.
Doctrine and Covenants 132

Because CD had been so devout with LDS, I cannot figure out if he is "reconstructing history through scripture" or has denounced his beliefs.?? Is there a way CD and LV can interpret the deaths and the missing children through scripture to be OK, and still go to heaven??. 2) I believe some up-threads have indicated that Chad has actually NOT been excommunicated because he was never in the church with church leaders to face that music....so is that why he can still go to temple services? The Daybell and Douglas side...just seem to have been so devout and would never have done anything against the Church..ever. The spiritual side of this is just so heavy... IMHO.... Could leaders in the HI Temples excommunicate him...or speak to him in a judicial way of what he has to do to keep his faith???????? oh my...so hard to understand

Because CD had been so devout with LDS, I cannot figure out if he is "reconstructing history through scripture" or has denounced his beliefs.?? Is there a way CD and LV can interpret the deaths and the missing children through scripture to be OK, and still go to heaven??. 2) I believe some up-threads have indicated that Chad has actually NOT been excommunicated because he was never in the church with church leaders to face that music....so is that why he can still go to temple services? The Daybell and Douglas side...just seem to have been so devout and would never have done anything against the Church..ever. The spiritual side of this is just so heavy... IMHO.... Could leaders in the HI Temples excommunicate him...or speak to him in a judicial way of what he has to do to keep his faith???????? oh my...so hard to understand
1) there are stages and levels of both formal and informal disciplinary actions between devout and excommunicated. (ETA: DailyMail was wrong. I previously also said I did not know. I now know he was not excommunicated. I can't say anything else.)
2) No, if his records remain in Salem, that's where he'd need to talk to local leaders to handle anything regarding excommunication or full-fellowship.
3) I have seen no indication that his records have been moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS