Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold and red by me. More terrible reporting. LE did NOT say the deceased male was "near" Faye's body. I suppose it's all subjective. I mean, if "near" means in the same town as opposed to in San Diego......

Good lord! I wouldn't go around judging the reporters so quickly. Police often do not give reporters all the information. Research, carried out over several years, has revealed police agencies are not disclosing 99% of crimes to the media. When they do release information, it's often only as a last resort when all other inquiries have been exhausted. Sometimes police withhold information because there were "other lines of inquiry" and they did not want to risk "scaremongering among the public. Other times they do not want to appeal to the ego of the perpetrator who usually has control issues and wants to know what the police know. Good reason why the police in the Delphi Indiana case have not revealed much information.

Emily Wakeman on Twitter
A community heartbroken. Bouquets of flowers are being left right now at the entrance of #Churchillheights where 6 year old Faye Swetlik’s body was found. @wis10
EQsLM5qWoAAXt1o.jpg

5:44 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Alicia Turner on Twitter
A memorial is growing outside of the neighborhood where #FayeSwetlik was found dead. The outpouring of love shows just how many people this tragedy is impacting. @FOX46News
EQsMoRpXkAIpFHv.jpg

5:51 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Sooji Nam on Twitter
A man and a little boy just placed some flowers at the growing memorial outside Churchill Heights— this comes after devastating news officials found 6-year-old Faye Swetlik’s body Thursday. @wachfox
EQsOGIBXkAU2QN_.jpg

5:57 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Last edited:
CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - Police shared the tragic news that 6-year-old Faye Swetlik was found dead Thursday, not far from where she was last seen.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found in the same neighborhood, and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.

Evening live reporter outside Churchill Heights entrance states there is still a police presence blocking the entrance to the neighborhood. LE still seeking surveillance and calls to tipline emphasizing there are two on-going investigations.

I thought that could have been a possibility, but LE saying there's no danger to others leads me to believe they think the deceased male is the killer.

My guess is he mentioned it for a reason as well.

Just sick that it ended this way. And thankful for the bus driver's kindness to those kids on what she thought was an ordinary day - that candy she gave her literally might have been her last sweet moments on earth :( Poor little Faye.

So true. It seems women are quick to judge, often saying, “I would never....”, but we all do things our way. Over the years we’ve seen kids snatched from their yard with others nearby. Recently 2-3 kids abducted while out with a parent. The perp must experience an uncontrollable desire to hunt & kill, going to great lengths to satisfy their sick desires.
Kids should be able to play, walk to a friend’s, visit with a neighbor, learn socialization, independence, etc.
Idk how women with several kids can be in the house feeding a baby, overseeing a toddler & managing an older child wanting to play outside.
Moo
YES! I hate the “I would never” comments! Good grief why is it so hard to drum up a little compassion. It’s law & sentencing guidelines that need adjusting- not how a mom chooses to parent.

If the dead man is Faye’s killer, the family will never know what happened. Grabbed vs. lured, etc. For me that would be an important part of grieving & letting go. So excruciating.

What does skin color have to do with anything?
This is interesting in the sense that it’s “supposedly” not common for murderer/serial killer to go outside their race to kill. It happens but it’s NOT common, I’ve heard. Might mean “deceased male” didn’t kill her. I don’t “think” HE did.

YES! I hate the “I would never” comments! Good grief why is it so hard to drum up a little compassion. It’s law & sentencing guidelines that need adjusting- not how a mom chooses to parent.

If the dead man is Faye’s killer, the family will never know what happened. Grabbed vs. lured, etc. For me that would be an important part of grieving & letting go. So excruciating.

[bbm]

why? we don't know if he has any connection to the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members