Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(rsbm)

Exactly. And journalists shouldn't take it upon themselves to extrapolate/assume/make it up.

Can't argue there. Journalists SHOULD have integrity, practice honesty, and have a sense of decency. Provide context, be unbiased, be accurate, be open and civil about others viewpoints etc etc etc
There is a code of ethics in journalism for a reason. Not that everyone follows it.

That poor bairn, every parents worst nightmare tbh. RIP Faye, lets hope the sick evil **** is burning in hell.
IMO all child killers should be killed, there is no rehabilitation and they don't deserve to keep breathing.

A bairn indeed. It’s difficult, least in America the death penalty may have been on the table. Here in Scotland you kill and you get 25 years max. America have tougher laws and some kind of justice IMO

I'm beginning to think we need something like a tiny microchip implanted in each newborn baby that can be tracked if they are lost or stolen. Maybe they would have a choice when they are an adult to have it removed or something. How many sicko's would take a child if they knew it could immediately be traced/tracked. There just needs to be a solution.
Right! I can locate my missing DOG but I can’t find my kid? It seems intrusive but maybe it’s the solution for many crimes committed against children and adults. Interesting thought IMO.

These child cases are always awful.
*If* the perp was her neighbor, it adds an additional layer of betrayal, imo, which makes the whole thing so much worse. Not a completely unknown outsider coming in to abduct & cause horrific damage that can never be undone, but (possibly) a fellow resident/neighbor. I usually try to remind myself that the good people always outweigh the bad (look how many LEOs tirelessly looked/investigated, look how many other good neighbors were cooperative and were willing to undergo any search or lockdown or any other inconvenience if it meant helping find Faye, look at the reports of frustrated citizens who wanted to be able to help search from the get-go, the flowers and things, just hours later, that have already made their way to Faye's school and the entrance to her subdivision) The good people outweigh the bad for sure, but my goodness, the harsh reminders that severely damaged humans exist and are willing & just waiting to swoop in and obliterate your whole life is always such a slap in the face.

RIP Faye. May the good people in your community surround your grieving family with love, compassion & support.

YES! I hate the “I would never” comments! Good grief why is it so hard to drum up a little compassion. It’s law & sentencing guidelines that need adjusting- not how a mom chooses to parent.

If the dead man is Faye’s killer, the family will never know what happened. Grabbed vs. lured, etc. For me that would be an important part of grieving & letting go. So excruciating.

I agree with the "I would never" comments that some make. Sometimes I think they are being so "I'm the perfect parent" but often I feel like they say that out of fear. Lets face it, this sort of crime is the scariest crime to any parent and speaking for myself, it was one of my worst nightmares with the thought of something like this happening to my kids. 2nd was a fire. IMO

Absolutely heartbreaking..As i played the video my little mini schnauzer '' Huckleberry'' howled the whole time i stopped watching because he was making me sadder.How dare someone take this sweet beautiful little girl away from her family and those that love her. Her sweet little voice is something i will think about everytime me and my grandkids sing that song..Just like a penny always reminds me of Harley..rest in paradise Faye

This was in response to her singing my sunshine i thought i quoted the video but i guess i didn't.. sorry

Last edited:
you said 'If the dead man is Faye’s killer, the family will never know what happened.'

I said 'why? we don't know if he has any connection to the family'

in other words, the family may know the perp
The man is dead. If he was her killer, he will never be able to explain what happened, never be able to be questioned. Not relevant if he was known or not known to the fam. Some people need to know the details of their loved one’s death in order to put pieces together & grieve. No clue if this is true for Faye’s fam, but it would be true for me. I’m sorry if my post was confusing.

First of all, I want to say my heart breaks for FS’s family. How absolutely horrible.

I believe LE did an amazing job from the start and they were relentless. It is apparent that they are as upset as the rest of us.

Now this is pure speculation on my part. During this mornings presser, it was said that they knocked on every door in the neighborhood. If they weren’t able to talk to the residents of a house, they were sending officers out every few hours to those houses to try to connect with those residents. WHAT IF, Faye was inside one of those houses and the pressure got to her captor leading him to take his own life. Initially I thought she was found outdoors; however, now I believe it was inside somewhere because they are stating there’s a tremendous amount of evidence to process. Again, this is pure speculation.

Faye's body will tell the medical examiner what happened... that is the only thing that matters right this very moment. That and showing her family support because they are going through pure hell right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson