Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our five acres, the snow on the north side of the house takes a long time to melt and of course in the trees, it’s slow to melt. But out in the open, especially facing south and west, it melts quickly once the sun shines.

I’m not sure exactly where they’re searching, but the area near the parking lot/staging area is pretty open and faces west so it should melt quickly.

I can’t imagine anyone going to the hassle of dealing with a gate if they’re trying to dispose of a body in the middle of the day without being seen. And I can’t see a woman carrying a 90 lb child a long distance off the road. I’m a little perplexed.

ETA: MOO
BBM:

GS walked out to the truck in the neighbor's video.

I think he was still alive when he exited that truck.

She didn't need to carry him.

JMO.

I wonder how she would have gotten thru that gate, presumably it would be locked (?)
I'm not positive there is a connecting fence. Just the gate across the drive. Where the road curves (east of the gate) there are a lot of horseshoe animal sculptures. I know there is a barbed wire (?) farm fence there. I just can't remember if it goes all the way to the development area. It's possible the perpetrator walked around it. It's possible someone helped her (uhm, I mean the perp) carry something/someone around it. It's possible she (oh hexk), ya know what I mean) knows someone in real estate and has been exploring before looking at property. Anything is possible.

So how do things stand right now? I appreciate LE continuing to search and I hope the recent locations are based on solid tips and leads. At the same time I'm concerned, mainly because we've seen LE conduct days of searches in other cases and in the end the child is found after a deal is offered to a perp. We saw that in Lonzie B's case and though the perps are in jail the DA had to accept that he died as a result of accidental drowning even though the ME found blunt force trauma all over his little body once the main perp gave the location of his body up.

OTOH, there are little ones still missing, like Joe Clyde, because LE has exhausted search areas and the parents remain stubbornly mute.

IMO LE is determined to find Gannon so they don't have to deal with his killer. But I still worry. Jesse Wilson's adoptive mom runs free today because a COD couldn't be determined.

Yeah, I'm a worry wart and yeah, I'm feeling vengeful in Gannon's case but hope is fading. I don't think for one moment that whoever hurt him is smarter than LE but I'm afraid the search area is so vast that LE is looking for a needle in the haystack.

Please let me be wrong - I have confidence in LE and I so want to believe justice for Gannon will prevail. But I worry. :( All MOO.

On our five acres, the snow on the north side of the house takes a long time to melt and of course in the trees, it’s slow to melt. But out in the open, especially facing south and west, it melts quickly once the sun shines.

I’m not sure exactly where they’re searching, but the area near the parking lot/staging area is pretty open and faces west so it should melt quickly.

I can’t imagine anyone going to the hassle of dealing with a gate if they’re trying to dispose of a body in the middle of the day without being seen. And I can’t see a woman carrying a 90 lb child a long distance off the road. I’m a little perplexed.

ETA: MOO
What is the purpose of the parking lot and staging area? Is it near a main road?

So hard for me to think he was alive and she, with or without help, took him back there on foot and killed him. Somehow, odd as it may sound, it seems more believable to me that she would open the car door and roll him off a cliff. This sure is getting me to think she didn't act alone. There was no snow cover on the ground the day he "ran away"?
I honestly can't remember. We had quite a "dry" spell before all this recent snow started falling.

She did. I will find the two references and send message.
I feel bad about how I put the post to start. I TOTALLY AGREE with everyone who took offense with the word ‘accident.’ To be clear-there was no accident. All I was saying was that SHE is perceiving it that way to defend herself in her own mind.
Gee, I feel a little sting from the group and I thought we were all on the same side- trying to help GS.
And I am done with this subject!

Oh please, please don't feel bad. I'm on your side actually, and I totally got what you were saying. We are all definitely on the same side, but we have different ways of speaking about things and sometimes others don't see our meaning.

I think it's really important, psychologically, to realize that LS thinks of this as an "accident." It's one of the phrases that goes through my mind several times an hour.

So...it could be the "he made me do it accidentally" ruse. Or, "I never thought about doing anything to him, and then all of a sudden it happened," kind of deal. Or, someone who is studied enough to know that she can pretend one of those things is true.

I think she may really believe it was an "accident" of the sort that keeps happening to her.

ETA I meant this in reply to @PrayingForMissing post about our community!

Your words really touched me. My husband and I moved to the Springs in 1998 and plan to retire here. I am so proud of everyone pulling together for Gannon’s family. From his neighbors, churches, the cupcake lady and countless others we haven’t heard about. Today has been especially hard for me because it’s my step son’s birthday and the pics of Gannon remind me so much of him at that age. My stepson is 38 today and he was 7 when I married his Dad. I, too would love to give GS’s Mom and Dad a loving hug. My heart breaks for them. I have hope for our future when I see kids like this wanting to honor GS in their hockey tournament. The President’s Day Tournament is a big tradition here for the past 42 years. My nephew and his team from Texas came up and played in it about 10 years ago. Sorry to ramble. I know this is taking a toll on all of us. Praying for some answers and closure soon.
Colorado Springs youth hockey team wraps sticks in blue for Gannon Stauch - KRDO

Last edited:
Somewhat O/T but interesting (IMO): You can read about testimonies given by the senior agent and a team leader of the FBI Denver Office’s Evidence Response Team during the trial of Patrick Frazee last year (scroll down to where it says, “FBI Evidence Response Team agent discusses searches”):
Patrick Frazee murder trial: ‘I figured out a way to kill her,' friend testifies Frazee told him

Interesting to read the process and detail that are discovered and just how detailed LE can be and the resources they use. Definitely respect the work they are doing right now. Answers will be forth coming and as much as we just want them now, the pros have it! Major trust and respect for their process.

Hey, folks! I have a question. A friend posted an article about 17 kids have come up missing since December 1st in Colorado. While many were 16 and older, there were two that were younger: a 13 year old girl named Leilani from Thornton and a 14 year old boy named Omar from Colorado Springs. Other than the standard missing persons listing, I could not find anything about these two, which I found odd. However, my point is this: Omar came up missing 12 days before Gannon and only recently moved to Colorado Springs. With kids being gamers, is it possible that Omar and Gannon knew each other? I know that since SM keeps making herself look worse, it probably hasn't been considered. Still, I don't understand why neither of these kids made the news.

BBM:

GS walked out to the truck in the neighbor's video.

I think he was still alive when he exited that truck.

She didn't need to carry him.

JMO.

MOO
Not sure what everyone else's sleds are like ..
but we usually get the little round saucer types that run about 20 bucks..
It would be easy to throw one in the back of a truck, and use it to push an 80 to 90 pound object off into a ravine..or something..in the snow.
Just a sad thought about how someone could potentially move something with relative ease.:(

OMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member