Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said this search area is 35 acres.....seems huge when looking for a small boy, but really that's a fairly small area in the scheme of things. I'm wondering if cell pings played a part, or cell triangulation. I don't have GPS and know really zilch about how it works...but from the little I've gleaned from those who have it....wouldn't that give a much more exact location? So I'm thinking the vehicle must not have had GPS...35 acres just seems more fitting with cell triangulation to me. Or, of course, could also be info gleaned from CCTV along the way....that might fit too?

MOO
I believe the GPS gives them an idea of where the person went. If this is from the vehicle, they could be searching a wide area because the GPS will stop location wherever the vehicle stops. If it’s from a cellphone that the person had on them, they could track it closer but cellphone pings are radius areas versus exact pinpoint. That’s what I understand- MOO and correct me if I’m wrong. This is just how it appears to me as a follower of many cases.

The hike that SM says they took to Garden of the Gods......was anyone else with them? The little sister perhaps? What does that hike have to do with him missing? Is she just trying to say what a good SM she is, taking the kids on outings?
I believe the SM said the 17 year old and the little sister were all on Sundays hike to Garden of the Gods.

I have posted this before, so I assume it is within TOA and because I am a verified expert. When ground scent dogs are used, they are given a scent article to "imprint" upon. The handler keeps the scent article in a brown paper bag so the dog can be re-imprinted as they often need to clean out their nose with water to get the junk they vacuum up washed out. In some instances, more than one ground scent dog is used. One imprinted with the missing subjects scent and the other with "another persons" scent, or the same dog may follow the missing subjects scent trail, then be cleaned out and imprinted with "another persons" scent to verify both scents follow the same path or go in different directions. I do NOT know that this has occurred in this case.

Dear Trackergd,

Thank you for this information.

Your wealth of experience and knowledge of Tracking and Search And Rescue is greatly valued on these threads!

I've been following and I am curious as to why someone would record an interaction with a child like she did with Gannon, the whole we gotta sell something bit. The only reason I can glean is she is trying to have proof of it for some reason or another. I'm sure this has been talked about and I missed it, but for me it is the single most reason I lean toward her disappearing him. I also wished I had never ever listened to it. I have 2 boys and the oldest is 10. I've never heard either of my children sound like that, then again I don't verbally or physically abuse them. They were so happy this morning, we give them special valentine's gifts every year and they were excited for school, (never happens these days unless it's party day). I hope WS'ers can find some love and light today on this day of love and that Gannon is found.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL OF YOU !!
My Valentine wish today is that GANNON is found !!!!
I also wish and pray that law enforcement and volunteers stay Safe !!!
I thank them all for their time and hard work searching for Gannon.
Thank you for the wish. Same to you.
Will be a happy day if they find Gannon safe and alive. Praying for his family.

Regarding TS written "statement". I think she is just throwing stuff out to see what will stick. Like the selfie in the driveway. What does taking a selfie BEFORE they left have anything to do with her arriving back home without him. There was never a question whether he got in the truck, we can see he made into it. The problems is, from what we have seen, is she never came back home with him. She put that detail in like that selfie is going to show she is innocent. The problem isn't that he got in the truck, its that he never got back out at home.

MOO
edit. Well I just figured out that if i put moo without capitals my autocorrects it to "Cow" lmao

Last edited:
She said this search area is 35 acres.....seems huge when looking for a small boy, but really that's a fairly small area in the scheme of things. I'm wondering if cell pings played a part, or cell triangulation. I don't have GPS and know really zilch about how it works...but from the little I've gleaned from those who have it....wouldn't that give a much more exact location? So I'm thinking the vehicle must not have had GPS...35 acres just seems more fitting with cell triangulation to me. Or, of course, could also be info gleaned from CCTV along the way....that might fit too?

MOO

I don't know everything about cell phone tracking either. My understanding is the same as yours.

Doesn't a cell phone send a signal (ping) every so often to the tower or towers that are in the area of the phone? Using that information, pinging gives a general location of a phone.

GPS uses satellites, such as the blue dot on a phone's map or vehicle location/driving directions. GPS can give a more exact location.

Agree that truck may have been captured on video or someone reported seeing the truck in that area.

The hike that SM says they took to Garden of the Gods......was anyone else with them? The little sister perhaps? What does that hike have to do with him missing? Is she just trying to say what a good SM she is, taking the kids on outings?
I believe the SM said the 17 year old and the little sister were all on Sundays hike to Garden of the Gods.
On the video I just watched SM said that her older daughter (the 17 yr old) was not on the hike but had come home after work and could verify that Gannon was there that evening after the hike.
ETA
She even had her daughter attest to this.

I have posted this before, so I assume it is within TOA and because I am a verified expert. When ground scent dogs are used, they are given a scent article to "imprint" upon. The handler keeps the scent article in a brown paper bag so the dog can be re-imprinted as they often need to clean out their nose with water to get the junk they vacuum up washed out. In some instances, more than one ground scent dog is used. One imprinted with the missing subjects scent and the other with "another persons" scent, or the same dog may follow the missing subjects scent trail, then be cleaned out and imprinted with "another persons" scent to verify both scents follow the same path or go in different directions. I do NOT know that this has occurred in this case.

That's cool af. How much do things like snowstorms, then the subsequent melting affect the scents, if at all? I think they had a bloodhound out there and another dog out there in the search. I think I heard Kirby say that we should expect the searchers out there through the weekend.

On the video I just watched SM said that her older daughter (the 17 yr old) was not on the hike but had come home after work and could verify that Gannon was there that evening after the hike.
ETA
She even had her daughter attest to this.
Thank you so much. That’s what she said. I was wrong.

The sudden zeroing in on search location . All the horses etc. Wouldn't they already have had pings from nav and known phones long long ago? If so ... somebody spotted a red truck there tip, or technology breakthrough from what pinged between 10-2pm ( burner?) that sad day and followed certain towers and its pings? Are we there yet with tech? should be by now imo

Today is another bitterly cold day in gorgeous Colorado Springs. After a foggy start to yesterday, today is supposed to be bright and sunny. Although temperatures won’t get over 25 all day. Tomorrow looks to be a repeat of today. Then the bottom falls out Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Praying for you sweet Gannon.
Here in the Springs, it should hit 40's today, which is great! Saturday is high in the 30's, and Sunday it shows high 40s and possibly even reaching 50 (we shall see about that!) ! Three great days for searching considering what it has been. And yes, snow is in the forecast again for Monday and Tuesday morning.
It looks like today through this entire weekend is PERFECT weather to find anything they need to find out there! Let's bring Gannon home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj