Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering something. I am sure that some of you know this but, are there different kinds of search dogs? And are they breed specific? In other words are they certain breeds that are search and rescue and other breeds that are cadaver?
yes, different type of dogs do different jobs.....german sheppards are highly used to track both ground and air scents …...Hound dogs can be used for air and ground and also can track even under water at times, its just according to what they have been taught.

The Palmer Lake Herald
1 hour ago

Overnight, this page has been inundated with comments and messages from various people interested in finding Gannon. As you can see, some of the comments on previous posts *may be from Gannon’s stepmom, who is embattled in a social media showdown to prove her innocence. This comes from credible sources.

Although we received multiple reports that her phone pinged in the area, and there’s undoubtedly much reason to search the area, this page has received multiple requests from “concerned citizens” about why and what the teams are searching for.

That said, free to reference previous posts and engage with the commenters, as it’s become clear that Suspect #1 may be posting here. Perhaps this will be over soon, prayers for Gannon’s safe return. #gannonstrong

The Palmer Lake Herald

ETA: The newspaper published one of her comments. Attached below.

That attached comment feels very familiar.

EBM to remove quoted post, as the "newspaper" in question is not a real newspaper.

While I appreciate that they're being vigilant, I do have to admit it's kind of disheartening to see a newspaper get involved in disputable social media drama.

Last edited:
I am wondering something. I am sure that some of you know this but, are there different kinds of search dogs? And are they breed specific? In other words are they certain breeds that are search and rescue and other breeds that are cadaver?

There are ground scent and air scent dogs. Not necessarily breed specific, but some breeds will do better at one that the other. We raise beagles for rabbit hunting. They are primarily ground scent, bloodhounds are the same. But breeds like pointers and coon hounds are primarily air scent. You can generally tell by how they track a trail what type they are using (head up=air scent, head down=ground scent) although some will probably use a combination of both. Also dogs can be trained to find all sorts of scents, so some may be trained to find living people, other cadavers, some explosive, some technology (like cell phones), others fruit, or drugs.

yes, different type of dogs do different jobs.....german sheppards are highly used to track both ground and air scents …...Hound dogs can be used for air and ground and also can track even under water at times, its just according to what they have beem tought.
Thank you!

Some of the areas they are searching today near Palmer Lake are actually right off the road (off of 105 - which is moderately trafficked... certainly not where you could park, get rid of something, and not have someone pass your car in the middle of the day).

Someone from the neighborhood posted a pic on social media saying LE is taking the bloodhound house to house at LR.
Maybe there was a tip of GS being held at a house there. Doubt it but maybe that’s a reason for going house to house?

I just think of the kids in his class and bet they still all had Valentines for him today. The love that this child has generated needs to get back to him in some way and today would be a good day for that. We all want a resolution, hope for best case senario, but a resolution for those who love him, please.

We don’t know leads or digital trail LE is following. They are in an area for a reason.

I am struck by the arrogance/confidence of the SM. She may believe she knows how electronic forensics works. There was a “search” on GS’s phone.

There have been searches in very different locations. Could she have left misdirectional “crumbs”? Could she be undone by car GPS?

Hope something breaks...

While I appreciate that they're being vigilant, I do have to admit it's kind of disheartening to see a newspaper get involved in disputable social media drama.
Just stating IMO....
but.... if one were to look at the "reviews" for this particular "newspaper" on SM, one would see some interesting reviews.
And yeah, as a local, I'm just saying I put about 0 percent on the findings from it.
and with that, I'm done on that particular subject.
IMO JMO MOO

There are ground scent and air scent dogs. Not necessarily breed specific, but some breeds will do better at one that the other. We raise beagles for rabbit hunting. They are primarily ground scent, bloodhounds are the same. But breeds like pointers and coon hounds are primarily air scent. You can generally tell by how they track a trail what type they are using (head up=air scent, head down=ground scent) although some will probably use a combination of both. Also dogs can be trained to find all sorts of scents, so some may be trained to find living people, other cadavers, some explosive, some technology (like cell phones), others fruit, or drugs.
Interesting about the cell phones. I never knew that.

Thanks for the info.

It was posted just upthread that, despite the MSM-sounding name, this appears to be a community FB page rather than a newspaper after all.

Just stating IMO....
but.... if one were to look at the "reviews" for this particular "newspaper" on SM, one would see some interesting reviews.
And yeah, as a local, I'm just saying I put about 0 percent on the findings from it.
and with that, I'm done on that particular subject.
IMO JMO MOO

Thank you, both! I took the quote out of my post since it's not a MSM news source. This "reporting" is getting ridiculous. Sigh.

That's cool af. How much do things like snowstorms, then the subsequent melting affect the scents, if at all? I think they had a bloodhound out there and another dog out there in the search. I think I heard Kirby say that we should expect the searchers out there through the weekend.

Different ground and air scent dogs have different skill levels based on training and field experience. The handlers skill also plays a factor. Some dogs do better in wet environments, some in dry, others in snow, etc. The best results I have had are using trackers in conjunction with ground scent dogs. When the dogs lose the scent, the trackers re-establish the trail and the dogs jump back in.

I'm not following.
Do you mean he is IN one of the homes?
Seriously, migraine is making thinking impossible. But yet, here I am.
Gannon, come home!
I hope your migraine goes away soon. I get them several times a month, and when I do, I can’t even read.

As to your question: Ever since TS mentioned tools and woodworking in her written statement, I’ve had this nagging feeling.

She claims Gannon “kept going to the side of the house” after he cut his foot and that “(h)e told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked ....” This leads me to believe she expects Gannon’s blood to be found in the garage and on the side of the house. Some posters have stated that may be where they keep their garbage bins, which makes sense to me :(.

TS also writes, “[Gannon] sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged [up the cut on his foot].” So that’s another location where she expects LE to find Gannon’s blood, IMO, whatever she means by “the edge of the car.” My hunch is it is the rear bumper of a car, not a truck, but I’m really not sure.

So, my fear is she did something to him to make him easier to dispose of ... :(. It’s also possible that she dumped clothes, linens, etc. with his blood on them in other people’s garbage bins, or more likely, Dumpsters at construction sites, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshYah