The British Royal Family #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who believe in little green aliens and that Elvis is alive (and possibly living with the aliens in a Graceland on Uranus).
I read an Enquirer when I was a teenager. It had exclusive details about a boy who was half bat and a child who was actually a mermaid. How many people actually believed this kind of stuff?

Meghan Markle gives British Vogue's Edward Enninful a 'surprise' in an unseen video | Daily Mail Online

Bit tasteless of MM to post a video on their instagram of her joking around with the editor of Vogue on the same day as their staff layoffs become public

The instagram, and article, it’s very self congratulatory. Self important.

Insensitive. Bad PR timing, again.

And perhaps this chosen mode of insta-communications has the peril of coming off like a bad reality show series?

The cringe-o-meter goes off the dial with these two.

I guess one aspect of all this is I feel they need to lose their self important titles. Rightly or wrongly, I don’t think it is going to be an asset for them. Prince Harry will always be a prince.

I’m reminded of Jackie O, she married again, changed her last name, and went into a successful career as a publisher. She didn’t use her title as First Lady. And reinvented herself. She was a true fashion icon, too. I would have included her on the British Vogue cover.

I felt badly for them, but I was also thought how on earth she thought people would react to that hat! (I think y’all call it a fascinator or some such?)
Yes, a fascinator.

Definition: something that looks like a half a hat, clipped painfully onto your head and designed to feel as if it's falling off for the duration of the Important Occasion In Question.

Yours for £100 :D

Yes, a fascinator.

Definition: something that looks like a half a hat, clipped painfully onto your head and designed to feel as if it's falling off for the duration of the Important Occasion In Question.

Yours for £100 :D

I go to one formal event a year (fundraising dinner/party for the Local Humane Society) and when buying my dress this year the shop had fascinators and I wanted one so badly! No one else would have had one on but who cares, right? It was a gorgeous blue and kind of Beatrice worthy but not quite SO out there. But after trying it on and walking around the store for a while I decided it was probably likely to cause a migraine and should remain in the store and not on my head. Maybe next year. I did buy the best rhinestone encrusted cane you can ever imaging since the event was just months after my stroke and I was trying to celebrate, not focus, on the whole thing. Really a fun shop with fascinators, rhinestone canes and more!

I go to one formal event a year (fundraising dinner/party for the Local Humane Society) and when buying my dress this year the shop had fascinators and I wanted one so badly! No one else would have had one on but who cares, right? It was a gorgeous blue and kind of Beatrice worthy but not quite SO out there. But after trying it on and walking around the store for a while I decided it was probably likely to cause a migraine and should remain in the store and not on my head. Maybe next year. I did buy the best rhinestone encrusted cane you can ever imaging since the event was just months after my stroke and I was trying to celebrate, not focus, on the whole thing. Really a fun shop with fascinators, rhinestone canes and more!
I love that you rocked a rhinestone cane!!

Kate Middleton's crusade for kids as she shares memories of 'amazing granny'

The Duchess of Cambridge said time with her grandmother was an aspect of her younger years that "really stood out" for her and that it was part of her childhood she would like Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, to experience

Kate Middleton's crusade for kids as she shares memories of 'amazing granny'

10EACA8B-0799-431C-A099-7042CF69E19E.jpeg

What Kate Wore
·
Kate has recorded a podcast with author & TV presenter Giovanna Fletcher. It was recorded when the Duchess and Ms. Fletcher were at Stockwell Gardens Nursery & Preschool in London on January 29th. In the episode, "the Duchess talks about her passion for the early years, her aims for the survey and opens up about her experience of motherhood" according to a KP release. Victoria Murphy's Town & Country story about the podcast is here: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/…/kate-middleton-motherh…/
The podcast will be available at 4pm GMT/11am ET tomorrow, Saturday the 15th. Here is a URL for the podcast: https://play.acast.com/s/happymumhappybaby

https://www.facebook.com/WhatKateWo...HZ7Yrd15Oz8kwCZILGFBZUgIRiPkq5rpCaheb_l46-tE0

The Queen wants Princes William and Harry to put on a 'united front' when the Sussexes return to London for Commonwealth Day in March, source tells Us Weekly

The Queen is hoping William and Harry put on 'united front' | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 232172

Sounds like the Queen is really putting the pressure on the boys!

My guess is she has big surprise plans for the returning Sussex’s. Can’t wait to see what her game plan is!

I hope her people are reading the tone of the comments of the papers like the Daily Mail, which appeals more to the common man I’d assume. This sounds like a huge PR mistake waiting to happen. Hugely weighted to the don’t come back. We’sick of you side.

I hope her people are reading the tone of the comments of the papers like the Daily Mail, which appeals more to the common man I’d assume. This sounds like a huge PR mistake waiting to happen. Hugely weighted to the don’t come back. We’sick of you side.

It’s also in other publications comments, liberal and conservatives. People aren’t commenting on their decision to leave the RF, that’s a personal one but the manner in which they have gone about it is immature and callous.

It’s also in other publications comments, liberal and conservatives. People aren’t commenting on their decision to leave the RF, that’s a personal one but the manner in which they have gone about it is immature and callous.

I agree.

They are getting raked over the coals in the comments across the board, and on their Instagram, especially for the British Vogue vid.

There is a saying — Your behavior is your PR. They went through a lot of staff, changed households, and at some point knowing they would be leaving. It’s a little harsh to hire these kind of professionals knowing they would be temporary without telling them. And then upon the announcement the staff is let go, to post a celebratory video that kind of looks like a NYE leftovers party. I have to ask what are they thinking? It’s amateur and very immature. The business optics are terrible.

What they also may want to think about is there are many who totally revere and feel loyal to Her Majesty QE2 here in the US. We grew up with her, too.

So, outside a small celebrity bubble, they may find there’s not much interest in what they are selling. And could just about guarantee every investor is looking at their PR. And the commentary, too.

Fergie didn’t fare too well, for too long. As a Weight Watchers spokesperson she was pretty successful. And looking back she had a bubbly personality. She came across as genuine and fun which is an asset.

That’s what you need when you are a spokesperson, the face of something. And, H&M are missing the mark.

I hope they find their way.

Jmo

I agree.

They are getting raked over the coals in the comments across the board, and on their Instagram, especially for the British Vogue vid.

There is a saying — Your behavior is your PR. They went through a lot of staff, changed households, and at some point knowing they would be leaving. It’s a little harsh to hire these kind of professionals knowing they would be temporary without telling them. And then upon the announcement the staff is let go, to post a celebratory video that kind of looks like a NYE leftovers party. I have to ask what are they thinking? It’s amateur and very immature. The business optics are terrible.

What they also may want to think about is there are many who totally revere and feel loyal to Her Majesty QE2 here in the US. We grew up with her, too.

So, outside a small celebrity bubble, they may find there’s not much interest in what they are selling. And could just about guarantee every investor is looking at their PR. And the commentary, too.

Fergie didn’t fare too well, for too long. As a Weight Watchers spokesperson she was pretty successful. And looking back she had a bubbly personality. She came across as genuine and fun which is an asset.

That’s what you need when you are a spokesperson, the face of something. And, H&M are missing the mark.

I hope they find their way.

Jmo

It is sad to witness, the rash decisions continuing at a rapid pace. Marrying into a family takes time to grow and bond, no matter what that individually looks like.

I think the disrespect for the Queen is going to be remembered historically. This is a character and maturity issue. This all could have been done in a constructive manner for the sake of everyone. Their lack of judgement is astounding.

I’ve seen up to 20,000 comments in just a few publications. I feel for the family, especially the Queen. She doesn’t have the benefit of time healing wounds.

Audio clip from podcast at the link

The Royal Family

1 hr ·
SOUND ON The Duchess of Cambridge has joined Giovanna Fletcher for a special episode of the ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’ podcast to talk about her landmark #5BigQuestions survey.

It’s not too late to have your say in the biggest national conversation in the UK on the early years — to complete the survey visit this link: https://5bigquestions.org.uk

On the special episode of the ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’, The Duchess and Giovanna discuss the importance of the early years, their shared experiences as mothers to three children, and The Duchess’s ‘5 Big Questions on the Under fives’ survey.

Download and listen to the podcast here: https://play.acast.com/s/happymumhappybaby

Audio clip from podcast at the link

The Royal Family

1 hr ·
SOUND ON The Duchess of Cambridge has joined Giovanna Fletcher for a special episode of the ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’ podcast to talk about her landmark #5BigQuestions survey.

It’s not too late to have your say in the biggest national conversation in the UK on the early years — to complete the survey visit this link: https://5bigquestions.org.uk

On the special episode of the ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’, The Duchess and Giovanna discuss the importance of the early years, their shared experiences as mothers to three children, and The Duchess’s ‘5 Big Questions on the Under fives’ survey.

Download and listen to the podcast here: https://play.acast.com/s/happymumhappybaby

Thanks for posting this!

It is sad to witness, the rash decisions continuing at a rapid pace. Marrying into a family takes time to grow and bond, no matter what that individually looks like.

I think the disrespect for the Queen is going to be remembered historically. This is a character and maturity issue. This all could have been done in a constructive manner for the sake of everyone. Their lack of judgement is astounding.

I’ve seen up to 20,000 comments in just a few publications. I feel for the family, especially the Queen. She doesn’t have the benefit of time healing wounds.

To be fair, pick any story in a tabloid and read the comments. It's where the trolls lurk. People write truly shocking and vile things on every single story. The first one under a story about Kate today says "yawn who cares". People have become so hateful on line.

I stand by my previous comments. No one here in the UK I have spoken to gives a monkeys about Harry and Meghan's lives. I havent for instance discussed it with one single member of my family. I havent discussed it with one person at work. And I follow this thread, so my interest levels are probably higher than most!

The only place I see it discussed is in tabloid press and bizarrely, on here, a thread where a mod has suggested if you dont support them, jog on (I may be paraphrasing slightly :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708