Found Deceased WI - Sean Baek, 18, UW-Milwaukee student, 14 Feb 2020 *insulin dependent*

doyoulovemepfg

Former Member
Reaction score
Super concerned about this one given that temps out here have been extremely cold the last few days.
MILWAUKEE — UW-Milwaukee police and Milwaukee police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing student.

Sean Baek, a freshman at UWM, was last seen leaving through the main entrance of Cambridge Commons residence hall, 2323 N. Cambridge Ave., at 1:25 a.m. Friday and has not been heard from since.

Baek was wearing a Milwaukee Bucks cap, a maroon, white and dark colored shirt, and white shoes. He is 5'10" and weighs 160 pounds. He has Type 1 diabetes and is insulin dependent, and he will be in need of that medication soon.

UWM and Milwaukee police have been searching the neighborhood and along the nearby Milwaukee River. Foul play is not suspected.

Anyone who has any information is asked to contact UWM police at (414) 229-4627 or Milwaukee police at (414) 935-7211
UWM police looking for missing student, last seen leaving residence hall early Friday morning

Almost 24 hours... did anyone see him leave or he was just caught on camera? What was his demeanor, sad, despondent? It’s V Day and maybe he was depressed?

The article was updated at 9:19 pm:
Sean Baek, a freshman at UWM, was last seen leaving through the main entrance of Cambridge Commons residence hall, 2323 N. Cambridge Ave., at 1:25 a.m. Friday and has not been heard from since.

UWM and Milwaukee police have been searching the neighborhood and along the nearby Milwaukee River. Foul play is not suspected.

Almost 24 hours... did anyone see him leave or he was just caught on camera? What was his demeanor, sad, despondent? It’s V Day and maybe he was depressed?

It looks like he was caught on camera. My BF’s brother was an RA in that dorm complex last semester (I’m uncertain whether he currently is) and he’s told me before that most of the rooms are suites with 4 roommates. I would assume that maybe one of his roommates saw him leaving as well as the shots from the camera? I’d hope that he uses an insulin pump- typically those give you a bit more time.

There is not much information on his FB page, but there are photos, and he appears to play the guitar:

Sean Baek

FB MSM:

TMJ4 News
CBS 58

I hope they can find this young man quickly, especially with the cold weather, and because of his insulin dependence.

Just took a look at this again. His Facebook page says he’s originally from McFarland which is near Madison and is fairly easy to get to via BadgerBus and then public transportation. I wonder if they’ve expanded the search out to Dane County or if they still think he’s in the local area.

You read my mind. 1:25 a.m. and they're searching the river... Scary. MOO

Family, neighbors on alert as the search for a missing UW-Milwaukee student continues
TODAY'S TMJ4 spoke with Baek’s father who said that his son is a Type 1 Diabetic who is dependent on insulin. His diagnosis was delivered at 5-years-old, making access to insulin a crucial part of his life.

Last edited:
Really hope they find him in time/he's fine and staying off the radar; every missing from campus situation still reminds me of Owen Klinger :(
You read my mind, ugh. I asked my boyfriend’s brother - who is a current RA in that dorm, but not that particular floor - about how those dorms are set up last night, and he said that Sean would’ve had a roommate and two suitemates, but that Cambridge Commons is also a large dorm with lots of students living there. I wonder if they’ve been contacted and/or know something, at least about his habits.

In terms of how long he’s had diabetes, I would be shocked if he wasn’t using some sort of insulin pump and/or CGM system. Some of these CGM’s connect to your phone (Nightscout, Dexcom etc) and might be able to provide more data for police to use in order to figure out his welfare - especially if they have some sort of ping capability.

Has anyone been able to find an Instagram or Tiktok profile for him? Those would probably be the main viewable forms of social media he’d be using if he’s a freshman in college. BF’s brother said that a lot of kids use Tiktok in the particular building he’s in so that might be a good place to start looking.

*disclaimer - I do NOT have any inside information here. I am local to the area and my boyfriend’s brother just knows SB by sight and could recognize him as a resident of the dorm he works in - I don’t think they’ve ever had a conversation.

I was able to find what I believe to be his Instagram account but it's set to private:

Sean Baek
Solid find. I’ve got a couple mutuals with him - mostly friends’ younger siblings. Post count looks fairly normal for a guy his age and profile picture appears to be a high school senior photo.

I found a TikTok account (@seanbaek2) that could possibly be his but there’s no content and all of its likes are locked and can’t be viewed by other users.

Police now believe that Sean Baek, the missing UW-Milwaukee freshman who is from McFarland, was high on LSD when he disappeared from his residence hall on campus last Friday.

Around the same time, a witness reported seeing a person running towards a riverbank next to the campus, according to LeMire.

LeMire said that after Baek had left the hall at 1:20 a.m., he sent a text to a family member, writing "I love you guys. I am so sorry."

Police: Missing UW-Milwaukee student disappeared after taking LSD with friend

This is not good, if true.

Police now believe that Sean Baek, the missing UW-Milwaukee freshman who is from McFarland, was high on LSD when he disappeared from his residence hall on campus last Friday.

Around the same time, a witness reported seeing a person running towards a riverbank next to the campus, according to LeMire.

LeMire said that after Baek had left the hall at 1:20 a.m., he sent a text to a family member, writing "I love you guys. I am so sorry."

Police: Missing UW-Milwaukee student disappeared after taking LSD with friend

This is not good, if true.
Oh man! Not good at all. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member