Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to reply directly to TristanP but cant find their original post to say Thank You ever so much as it is VERY helpful. I NEVER take anything on Facebook (or other social media) as gospel & double check for authenticity. When talking & sharing about such serious & important issues I believe being thoughtful, careful, respectful & intelligent is the only way to approach them. So far this is a great site - and I've already saved the WS podcasts on my Stitcher acct. ✌
Welcome to Websleuths! You can find it here: SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Now that you have posted in this thread, you will be able to find it in your profile under “Your News Feed” if I recall correctly. When the thread gets long, moderators will create a new thread and post a link to it, then close the current thread to comments.

There’s also a spot across the top that says “New Posts” so if a thread is pretty active you can usually also find the most recent thread on a topic from there as well.

Otherwise, just reply and/or comment as you desire on the threads and attempt to follow the rules which can sometimes be confusing, but moderators and/or fellow commenters are usually helpful to let you know if you’ve posted something out of bounds.

When you post, there is about a 30 min window to come back and edit your post and after that mods can do it for you. The biggest mistake new people make is bringing info here from Facebook so be cautious of that and you’ll be fine.

Welcome.
Thank you - your advice is very helpful for newer members - and I agree about MSM being the most accurate of information for us at WS

Personally I think the “weirdness” comes from the differences in police investigations. The LEO that are handling this case are excellent examples of how all criminal cases should be handled. I think many of us are just used to a different type of investigative process. These guys are thorough, detailed, very respectful and considerate of public and family. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group of officers so well trained and efficient. They just continually amaze me.

I will definitely agree to that. This Police Department did a great job IMO. I had to get off of facebook due to the crazy things they were blaming the Police Department for.

Remember: The very early reports mentioned another mom SAW Faye's mom pick her up from the bus stop. Faye did not walk home alone from the bus.

She got off the bus, met her mom, walked home with her mom, entered the home with her mom, and then went outside to play.

jmo
Correct and found in many MSM reports and our media thread

Why does it matter how far away her bus stop is? She was taken from her front yard after getting safely home. Mere feet from her front door. The whole “oh how could anyone let a little girl walk that far alone??” thing is irrelevant and, imo, disrespectful to the grieving mother.
IMO it goes waaaaay back to thread 1, timeline stuff.
I agree with you, that at this point, we have moved beyond that zone. RIP Faye :(

Lmborofl... I thought that but she’s not sleuthing, she’s giving information about a victim. I could show you the difference but my posts got deleted lol. I had to look it up to figure out what I was doing wrong!
Sleuth: someone who discovers informationabout crimes
There is no crime mentioned in that information.
You can follow and pay attention to how some of the long time members with high post counts post. They are here most nights and most cases. Like Pommy Mommy, In the details and Ms. Betsey to mention a few.Most of the time I just read and follow.

I think the open mouth smile makes the biggest difference, but it also looks like he's lost some weight or at least the more youthful facial shape. I think the darker photo also enhances some shadows and makes certain facial features more distinct than they would be with a well-lit photo. Also likely the difference in cameras (cell vs DSLR) and positioning.

This makes sense and I believe this may be all it is, although it still looks like two different people to me. I don't think it likely that several MSM investigative outlets would delve into his background and come up with pictures of two different men, so I'll take this as an explanation. I certainly hope it's the same man, or someone out there is having his reputation wrongfully besmirched.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat.

Death of S.C. 6-Year-Old Faye Swetlik Is 'Linked' to Death of 30-Year-Old Male Neighbor: Police

Faye Swetlik went missing on Monday, and her body was found Thursday

By Greg Hanlon
February 14, 2020 12:30 PM
The death of Faye Swetlik, the missing South Carolina 6-year-old whose dead body was found Thursday, is “linked” to the death of a man whose body was found shortly after, officials said at a Friday press conference.
[...]
Antley said the deaths are “linked.” He declined to specify, but said authorities believe there is no active threat to the community, adding that police are not looking for any additional persons of interest.
[...]
RELATED: S.C. Girl, 6, Vanished on Monday From Her Yard — and New Video Shows Her Getting off School Bus

At Friday’s press conference, during which he appeared near tears several times, Antley said, “Yesterday was a tough day — possibly the toughest day of many law enforcement careers.”

The case is still under investigation, said Antley: “We want to make sure there’s not anyone else involved in the disappearance in Faye Marie Swetlik.”
More here:
Death of S.C. 6-Year-Old Faye Swetlik Is 'Linked' to Death of 30-Year-Old Male Neighbor: Police

An aerial map shows the close proximity between Faye's home and other information I haven't seen before.
24758574-8004725-image-a-33_1581718841794.jpg
This map does not have the correct house for FMS or the correct route from the bus. It's up too high and to the right.

Personally I think the “weirdness” comes from the differences in police investigations. The LEO that are handling this case are excellent examples of how all criminal cases should be handled. I think many of us are just used to a different type of investigative process. These guys are thorough, detailed, very respectful and considerate of public and family. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group of officers so well trained and efficient. They just continually amaze me.
I agree. I thought today's press conference was the most thoughtful I've ever seen. I'm impressed and grateful. In a world that now jumps to criticize others and deflect, it felt refreshing and even inspirational to see the press conference today.

The female officer reminded me of advice I once got from a mentor (eons ago). That was, whenever you start a presentation, make sure the first thing you do is say "thank you" and acknowledge people other than yourself. Today, the woman officer started her words by thanking the media for their coverage. I thought that was brilliant in more ways than one.

I await the news from the autopsies. I think we'll have a lot of new information tomorrow.

jmo

That sounds like a lovely way to live, Hoosier952. Like many New Yorkers, I often think of packing it in and moving to a quiet and uncrowded lifestyle elsewhere. (I'm sure I never will, though).

If I swivel my head around from my terrace, there are about 20 residential buildings within two blocks of me, all with 23 stories divided into several different sections. There are five schools within those two blocks. All the kids walk to school except those with special needs. There are just too many strangers here to allow a child to go anywhere without a trusted adult. No doubt 99.9% are wonderful people, but as we all know too well, it just takes that one.

I'm thrilled that your children and their friends can grow up more unfettered than ours!

If I lived in a city, I'd have a lot harder time letting my kids roam, if I would at all. But I've never lived in anything but small rural towns and middle of nowhere places. I expose my kids to cities by taking vacations so they aren't quite so sheltered, but it's quite overwhelming with traffic and honking and all the people and the constant feeling I'm going to lose one of my kids (especially my youngest who is easily sidetracked looking at all the things). We live about 8-10 miles from the closest conveniences and the school.

Just a couple months ago, my elderly "country neighbor" about 1/2 mile down the road called to let me know there was a man walking down the road. He was just an older gentleman walking down the road, minding his own business, but it's such an uncommon thing to see people walking around out here that she thought I should know in case he was up to no good. I've seen him twice since. I think he must just like walking.

The whole Abby and Libby murders really shook me up for a while and I really wanted to lock my kids up for a few days. Those girls were just like my girls and it was so jarring to think something like that could happen in a sleepy little town not much more than an hour away. It still sticks in the back of my mind every time my kids walk to the park or go exploring around our house. I'll also admit to finally caving on my oldest getting a cell phone which I'd sworn I'd hold off on until she was driving. I realize that's pretty much unheard of to go that long without one nowadays, so I'm different that way too.

I'm trying to attach the two pictures we have seen so far of CT, those that were posted by MSM. I hope it comes out right. My question is, does anyone think these look like two entirely different people? I know one is from high school and the other one seems to be undated, but looks older than high school. However, it just doesn't look to me like the same person, just older and with changes in hairstyle, weight and so on. To me, the eye color, chin, nose look like different people. Does anyone know more or can clarify?
Nose and eye brows look very similar to me but you are right his face shape changed a lot. Dont think I'm allowed to share them but I've seen a picture of him from 2009 and one from 2018. You can tell it's the same person but he lost all his youthful facial fat basically.

LE had no chance with this one, not only a stranger incident but one with no previous record. They really had it stacked against them. My heart goes out to the officers and first responders on this one.

Do we know if he had her at the house and was able to move her somehow to where she was found or was her location the primary scene.

Just glad he took something (I suspect t-shirt MOO) that tied him to the incident.
Now the jackals can leave the family alone.

JMO.
At the time Faye was moved into the woods, it was likely that the perp was not planning on self harm. The perp may have thought since the woods had been searched and cleared that LE would move on and expand the search to other areas.
JMO.
He could have easily escaped after (and IF) he moved her to the woods and of course IF he is the perp.
Wonder why he didn’t? No vehicle? It just seems odd that he could have talked to police, acted calm and collected while police searched his house! Omg! This is a strange case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow