Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with the idea of needing to be married to a believer. If LV and CD think they are gods or will be leaders of the chosen 144,000 or whatever it is they believe regarding the end of days, are they really going to give a hoot about these drive-through marriages? Surely they don't hold value for the marriage license issued by the state of Nevada because Nevada will be gone soon. The certainly have no religious regard for a justice of the peace.

Times like these I feel we are trying to apply logic where logic doesn't live. MOO
I absolutely agree that you are trying to apply logic where logic doesn't live. Hahaha. I'm actually surprised they got civilly married and didn't just hold some ceremony themselves in the forest, but my guess would be because of the optics, particularly for Chad's children, who would absolutely condemn sex before marriage. But you're right, their beliefs are ludicrous and don't make logical sense. I mean, killing people would be right out, too, but apparently they've gotten around that idea with some serious mental gymnastics.

BBM.

Question on that. I know suicide is a hotly debated action in Christianity. So I won't go there.

Does the Mormon religion consider suicide an unforgivable sin or a byproduct of mental illness, meaning it's considered like any other illness? Jmo

IMO any LDS ideology won't apply here. Lori, Chad and the other left the LDS religion behind a long time ago. They traded it for something very different. In fact, Lori's LDS friend in Hawaii said as much. IMO, their new religion allows for any crime that is self serving.

Also IMO, Lori and her tribe hide behind the LDS religion to make themselves appear legit and suck new people into their group.

I absolutely agree that you are trying to apply logic where logic doesn't live. Hahaha. I'm actually surprised they got civilly married and didn't just hold some ceremony themselves in the forest, but my guess would be because of the optics, particularly for Chad's children, who would absolutely condemn sex before marriage. But you're right, their beliefs are ludicrous and don't make logical sense. I mean, killing people would be right out, too, but apparently they've gotten around that idea with some serious mental gymnastics.
This is the point I was also trying to make.

I only saw part of the Dateline episode. I'm confused about a couple of things...

1) Who said Lori told them Tylee was attending BYU-Idaho - Did they specify it wasn't BYU (Utah)? Of note, there is someone affiliated with BYU (Utah) within Lori's family and I thought that might be important.

2) IIRC Lori told the Rexburg townhouse neighbor she, herself, moved there to attend school? If so, which school was that?

TIA for any clarification!

IMO any LDS ideology won't apply here. Lori, Chad and the other left the LDS religion behind a long time ago. They traded it for something very different. In fact, Lori's LDS friend in Hawaii said as much. IMO, their new religion allows for any crime that is self serving.

Also IMO, Lori and her tribe hide behind the LDS religion to make themselves appear legit and suck new people into their group.

I agree. I've said a couple of times I dont think they're LDS at all any longer. But it begs the question of others beyond (associated with) Lori and Chad. Jmo

I am glad so many people are coming to this conclusion. This is another benefit of the Dateline program, and other media sources getting the word out; it helps vulnerable people to question or avoid falling under Chad and Lori’s “spell”. Now if it could only recover the missing kids, alive.

I am glad so many people are coming to this conclusion. This is another benefit of the Dateline program, and other media sources getting the word out; it helps vulnerable people to question or avoid falling under Chad and Lori’s “spell”. Now if it could only recover the missing kids, alive.

FWIW, the takeaway that I received from the "Dateline" show is that LEO does not believe that the children are alive.

Yes, I'd hoped that they'd have someone like you on to talk about the changes in him over recent years.
Since he was still a regular member of the LDS church, he probably knew how to keep his more outrageous beliefs/ideas from his friends outside the prepper community while Lori seemed to have been spreading those ideas among her friends.

Last edited:
While that would make more sense, the college in Rexburg is called BYU-I or BYU-Idaho. BYU is in Provo Utah (near Springville, where Chad and Tammy moved from).

I feel like I should say Go Utes here for some reason. :)

MOO
How do I click like to a comment like that? But I totally agree.

How do I click like to a comment like that? But I totally agree.

I keep thinking about the money, specifically, the Social Security death benefits for both Tylee and JJ.

I wonder if Lori is receiving those benefits, I think that is the place to focus, because it is a federal crime, no problem with jurisdictions. And Social Security fraud is definitely something to consider.

Also, taxes, will Lori and Chad file taxes for 2019? Joint or separate? Will Lori claim her children on her taxes? Or not file at all? That is something that the feds can look at...

FWIW, the takeaway that I received from the "Dateline" show is that LEO does not believe that the children are alive.
Yea, and because it's such a vast wilderness area around Rexburg the bodies might never be found. So, no body, no crime.
So far we have:
1) Charles is killed, Alex claimed self-defense, at least some information suggest that self-defense claim is bogus, and there actually was a motive for wanting Charles dead (life insurance that Lori believed was going to be hers). But Alex is dead himself, Tylee and JJ (potential witnesses to at least some of it) are missing, and I guess LE doesn't feel they can prove premeditation.
2) Tammy is dead of "natural causes" which I believe were not natural at all. Autopsy was not done right away, body was embalmed and buried for nearly two month, which interferes with toxicology. Might never be able to figure out what actually killed Tammy.
3) Brandon was shot at. Whoever shot him was driving a car registered to Charles Vallow. For whatever reason LE can't seem to figure out who the shooter was.
4) Children are missing, and could be dead, but no body no crime.
5) Alex is dead. Autopsy was done, toxicology is being done, so far no results released. Can LE figure out why he died and who is responsible? Remains to be determined.
Meanwhile Lori and Chad are sunning themselves in Hawaii.

Last edited:
Up until she violated the court order to produce her children, theres nothing she can be put in jail for unless they are keeping evidence concealed from us. Which may be the case and it may because they are building a larger case against multiple people and dont want to tip their hand yet.

Shortly after the deadline had passed for her to produce the kids, I came across a related news article. While skimming the comments, I came across one from someone who was familiar with the laws in Idaho. Apparently, as far as her not producing the kids, the only thing she is guilty of is misdemeanor contempt of court. Afterwards, I spent a few minutes researching to verify that, and it does appear to be the case. Unfortunately, most states aren’t going to extradite on a misdemeanor. So, hopefully there’s more going on behind the scenes, and they’re carefully building a bigger case.

RE: Lori as a fitness instructor. Did she possibly teach Zumba classes? Tammy was doing a Zumba class and a clogging class at the time of her death. Is it possible Lori really did get a "job" teaching one of those classes in Rexburg? Could Lori have gotten close to Tammy that way? As a fitness instructor, she could have recommended certain supplements or even given a "sample" of something for Tammy to try. Speculation only.

Months ago, whenever I first heard Tammy was doing Zumba, I looked through Zumba leader profiles to see if Lori had one. I saw one that could be Lori but I couldn't be sure if it was her (it was before we had very many photos of Lori). I can no longer find the profile I was looking at previously. @diggndeeperstill did you ever look for a Zumba profile for Lori? I'm not sure if that type of thing could be searched with the "wayback machine" to find it if a profile was removed or made private? Zumba Fitness - Classes, Apparel, DVD's and Trainings
I don’t recall seeing that. I will dig around and see if I can find one though. That would be interesting. Surely a local reporter could interview a regular Zumba attendee to see if that were the case?!
IIRC, the quote about AC being a professional with guns came from LV. I don't believe a thing that comes out of her mouth, including this.
I’m not sure he would be classified a professional. But with a little searching it is quite easy to find he has gun experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam