Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he was still a regular member of the LDS church, he probably knew how to keep his more outrageous beliefs/ideas from his friends while Lori seemed to have been spreading those ideas among her friends.
He “tested the waters” with me and other folks in the neighborhood, here in Springville. In my case, it was my pointing out inconsistencies and questioning him that caused the deteriorating of our strong friendship. There were many discussions behind his back, trying to reconcile his known out of sync beliefs. I strongly believe this is core to why he wanted to move his wife and children away from extended family and friends who were not receptive, and join a community of followers who were. IMO

I see quite a few comments about lots of green totes at the storage unit. Was there much in the way of additional footage shown on Dateline? And was it all from the same camera angle miles away that we've already seen?
It appeared to me that the footage was a bit clearer and enhanced somewhat with scenes of the 2 men. It was the same footage that had been released previously.

Honestly, I don’t know for myself, if now having seen recent video of Chad and along with the Dateline clips, how he moves, holds his body, etc., that I feel it is Chad or if it is the power of suggestion- but either way, I now think it is Chad. I had been on the fence before that it could have been IP, MB husband.

Shortly after the deadline had passed for her to produce the kids, I came across a related news article. While skimming the comments, I came across one from someone who was familiar with the laws in Idaho. Apparently, as far as her not producing the kids, the only thing she is guilty of is misdemeanor contempt of court. Afterwards, I spent a few minutes researching to verify that, and it does appear to be the case. Unfortunately, most states aren’t going to extradite on a misdemeanor. So, hopefully there’s more going on behind the scenes, and they’re carefully building a bigger case.

So that furthers the point that as suspicious as everything is there isnt anything we know of that she can be arrested for. I as much as anyone thinks should she be in jail but as it stands now she isnt guility of anything but suspicious behavior

So that furthers the point that as suspicious as everything is there isnt anything we know of that she can be arrested for. I as much as anyone thinks should she be in jail but as it stands now she isnt guility of anything but suspicious behavior
If I understood more knowledgeable posters correctly, she could be jailed indefinitely for not producing the children, if she loses custody first.

This is what I learned that was new:
  • Lori was a fitness instructor
  • Lori met Chad at the group that we cannot name Podcast in February 2018
  • Lori and Tylee stayed with her friend in Hawaii during January/February 2019 when Lori leaves Charles
    • Friend reports extreme change in Lori’s behavior- disorganized, talking manically about Chad and end times
    • Tylee may be depressed or behaving like a bored teenager (sleeping a lot) at this time. Speculated by Keith that all the obsessive talk about death by Lori may be depressing her
    • Tells Friend that Friend is chosen to be one of the 144k to be saved.
    • Tells Friend that Charles is a demon. Expects him to die soon. Reiterates basically the behavior Lori stated in police report when she reported her purse having been stolen by Charles (he is mean, abusive, unfaithful, etc).
    • Friend doesn’t believe it.
    • Lori leaves Hawaii abruptly
    • Friend hears that Lori is back with Charles and assumes happy reconciliation
    • Lori knew ZP (Alex’s new bride) as early as January 2019. She told Lori’s Hawaii Friend that she was amazing and could control the elements
    • Lori is not afraid to die. Compares it as if walking from one room to another
    • Lori is not upset by other people dying based on this concept of this changing room transition
  • Dateline has the Chad and Lori podcasts but likely for legal reasons, could only play a snip of one, Lori affirming Chad’s beliefs
  • Chad and Lori returned to Rexberg after their wedding- no date given
  • Chad definitely knew Alex and Alex became one of his followers . They referred to this as one of the “group”
  • Dateline and Nate believe 2nd man at Storage Unit is Chad
MOO, I took away from the show that LE do not believe the children are alive and that they may never find them. This is very hard for me to accept. It seemed to implicate Alex as a murderer of Charles and attempted murderer of Tammy. He followed Chad and may have been considered angel/protector of Lori. There seems to be enough circumstantial evidence for conspiracy to commit murder across state lines. Only upside I hope is that they charge all of them - LVD, CD, ZP, MB, IP and anyone else the Feds can find. I continue to have strong faith in the Feds pulling this mess together.

Personally, when Lori is arrested I would appreciate LE removing her sunglasses and stepping on them.

I am right here with you on all of this. Including sunglasses!MOO

If I understood more knowledgeable posters correctly, she could be jailed indefinitely for not producing the children, if she loses custody first.

Just as a "Devil's Advocate" question, why would she lose custody of her children? Both of the Fathers are dead. That leaves Grandparents of JJ. What standing do they really have? Grandparents rights for visitation? Pretty nonexistent.

Idaho law on Grandparents rights

"The court may award visitation rights if visitation is in the child's best interest. Adoption cuts off all visitation rights of grandparents."

Grandparents' Rights in Idaho
Which means, because JJ is adopted, that cut off all visitation rights of Grandparents.

Lori doesn't even have to show up, they literally have no real standing. Sadly.

Last edited:
I only saw part of the Dateline episode. I'm confused about a couple of things...

1) Who said Lori told them Tylee was attending BYU-Idaho - Did they specify it wasn't BYU (Utah)? Of note, there is someone affiliated with BYU (Utah) within Lori's family and I thought that might be important.

2) IIRC Lori told the Rexburg townhouse neighbor she, herself, moved there to attend school? If so, which school was that?

TIA for any clarification!
The first reference was from Chandler Detective who said in the ride back to the house after formal interviews with Alex, Lori and Tylee (which he described as bizarre due to their light-hearted conversation), it was mentioned that Tylee would be going to BYU Hawaii. The second reference, which I recall was voice over from Keith is that Lori told friends that Tylee was at BYU Idaho. I believe this was recounted by Kay, who also discounted with disbelief.

You are correct that the Rexburg neighbor said Lori told him she moved there for her to attend school.

Just as a "Devil's Advocate" question, why would she lose custody of her children? Both of the Fathers are dead. That leaves Grandparents of JJ. What standing do they really have? Grandparents rights for visitation? Pretty nonexistent.

The state can take away her custody if certain condictions are met. I think things might be headed that way. Awarding custody to someone else afterwards is another matter.

I still dont understand why we think we will never find them? Where did they go? There has to be at the very least security or camera footage somewhere that shows the kids and what everyone was up to over the months, I mean even gas stations, grocery stores? They couldn't just poof nowadays, I dont understand it, people are in jail for less. Imo

In the LDS church doctrine, you can’t go to the highest level of heaven without being married by law and sealed in the temple. My understanding of this group that can’t be named and of Chad and Loris beliefs is that the LDS church today is not lead by the right people or that they are not receiving revelation from God like people like Chad, Lori or JR are. But this group (and Chad and Lori) do believe basic church doctrine as outlined in the scriptures like having to be married in order to reach that highest level of glory. Sure they are disregarding the sealed in the temple aspect but these people already believe they are above the organized church so why bother with it? IMO these marriages were definitely religiously motivated because they are prepping for the ends of time.
Lori already believes she is sealed (I think to John the Revelator), and Chad is sealed to Tammy, so they both have ticked off that box, so not really disregarding it. Their marriage here is for time, so I guess they figure they may as well make the most of it. Moo.

The state can take away her custody if certain condictions are met. I think things might be headed that way. Awarding custody to someone else afterwards is another matter.

What proof does the state of Idaho have against Lori? They need evidence. And Lori obviously won't give them anything.

She is literally thumbing her nose at them. Even leaving all of the children's items in a storage unit. Deliberately not paying the fee on the unit. She knew that would end up with LEO. And there is not thing one that they can do about it.

MOO
Let me start by saying I have no clue what the motive is behind all of this nor do I have any clue the fate of those poor kids.
What I am fairly confident about is whatever this is about, it was premeditated.
Lori apparently thought she was going to be able to collect $1 million life insurance beneifits on her deceased. That may of been what was going to finance the plot?
I also been thinking about whats behind these marriages too. All 3 of them are vey suspicious. Could it be they are using them as a legal protection to prevent from being forced to testify against eachother? I just cant figure out how to explain why these people would all suddenly get married.
I know we are limited in what we can sleuth but I don't think we are gonna understand what happened until we learn more about this cult they belonged too and the new spouses and what roles they play in all of this.
I too think there is a much bigger story here and I think the weddings are an important element. But I can't make sense of it.

I did some looking into someone who is not sleuthable, and has not actually been mentioned on this thread. But, same story, dead spouse, then dropped out of society in July 2019. Just so strange. I think this will end with the discovery of a huge compound somewhere in Idaho/Montana.

I still dont understand why we think we will never find them? Where did they go? There has to be at the very least security or camera footage somewhere that shows the kids and what everyone was up to over the months, I mean even gas stations, grocery stores? They couldn't just poof nowadays, I dont understand it, people are in jail for less. Imo
I completely agree!!! What about RING door videos, traffic cameras, etc!! I would be canvassing everyone and anyone in all three states.

He “tested the waters” with me and other folks in the neighborhood, here in Springville. In my case, it was my pointing out inconsistencies and questioning him that caused the deteriorating of our strong friendship. There were many discussions behind his back, trying to reconcile his known out of sync beliefs. I strongly believe this is core to why he wanted to move his wife and children away from extended family and friends who were not receptive, and join a community of followers who were. IMO
Oh this totally makes sense. I think this is also where his ego comes in. In Springville Utah everyone knew him from growing up there and always the 'wanna be popular guy'..so he spoke with his friends about his beliefs and they raised eyebrows at him and now he is seen as a nut going off the rails. Chad has to now go where he has people who see him as a rock-star visionary because his old friends sure dont. Add in a blonde chic fan girl and we get a full blown affair . What a mess! MOO

I would imagine after the publicity the dateline show produced they will be made to feel very uncomfortable on the island.
What i want to know is how they still have passports and how they are not listed as POI and restricted from travel outside of the country?
Travel can't be restricted until one is charged with a crime. We still have a Constitution.

Idaho law on Grandparents rights

"The court may award visitation rights if visitation is in the child's best interest. Adoption cuts off all visitation rights of grandparents."

Grandparents' Rights in Idaho
Which means, because JJ is adopted, that cut off all visitation rights of Grandparents.

Would she lose custody if she's collecting SS benefits and they aren't in her care?

If you have tens of thousands of gas stations and grocery stores, etc, with multiple cameras in each, how do you even know where and when to start looking? I'm not sure how long those kinds of places keep the video they recorded, but without having reason to believe the kids were within sight of the camera around a specific point in time (even if we're talking several days or a week) no one is going to check to begin with. What am I missing here?

If the police could trace movements of their vehicles (e.g. via traffic/surveillance cameras) after September 23 and got lucky analyzing their electronic footprint (phone pings, messages, etc.), then they might be able to determine when the kids likely went missing and suggest their possible locations. There might be witnesses who could have seen something suspicious, but haven't come forwards yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong