Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much want to put foward the idea that perhaps Tylee was placed in a fdls community in the US or Mexico. It's her age that made me think maybe in their concept of faith, she was marriageable. It my hope , like everyone, both of the children are found safe. Perhaps by the grace of God , her brother is with her.
I do not think that Lori would be accepted in an FDLS community. She lacks modesty of any kind.

Soon they could be arrested for tax evasion? April 15 will be here soon
Very unlikely, for a host of reasons. Lori may not personally have a filing obligation as she didn't work and probably had minimal taxable income. Charles was self employed, presumably his business income would be reported on his 1040, if he had paid enough in through estimated tax payments then he would not have a liability, same for Chad, although both would have a filing obligation. Simply failing to file a return wouldn't be tax evasion in and of itself. And there would be multiple letters from the IRS, then liens placed on assets (if the IRS estimated a liability), etc, which would take a long time.

I still dont understand why we think we will never find them? Where did they go? There has to be at the very least security or camera footage somewhere that shows the kids and what everyone was up to over the months, I mean even gas stations, grocery stores? They couldn't just poof nowadays, I dont understand it, people are in jail for less. Imo

Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona are vast and sparsely populated. it is truly the wild west. You can pretty much drive 25 miles in any direction from major towns and dispose of a body that will never be found. Pings and Gps can narrow a search some and still not bring you close. If my math is right, we are talking about searching 4 million square miles. A gas station video from Winnemucca, Nevada last September, isn't going to tell you where the kids are today.

It has been explained so many times why these two have not been arrested, that I have nothing to add.

I very much want to put foward the idea that perhaps Tylee was placed in a fdls community in the US or Mexico. It's her age that made me think maybe in their concept of faith, she was marriageable. It my hope , like everyone, both of the children are found safe. Perhaps by the grace of God , her brother is with her.

There is no reason to believe Lori, Chad, or anyone else had anything to do with FLDS. Chad, Lori, and crew's brand of fringe relgious beliefs are significantly different from the mainstream Mormon beliefs and the FLDS beliefs are significantly different from the FLDS beliefs. From what we know of Lori there is no way the mysoginistic FLDS practices are something Lori would go for. There are other Mormon splinter groups that are less focused on polygamy that were discussed here earlier today that could have had influence on where Chad and Lori's twists on Mormonism have gone, but the FLDS is completely the wrong direction.

I have a question ... last night’s dateline taught this group of online sleuths very little but it got me thinking. When one of Chad’s old missionary friends talked about visions and being talked to by God........what is a vision really?? I mean all these people with near death experiences. Do they flatline and then come back, or do they pass out then regain consciousness or are they just scared sh#tless for many minutes and then find themselves ok? Next, what constitutes a vision? I had my first open heart surgery as a baby my second at 10 years old. I have memories my subconscious holds on to, especially when being transferred onto the artificial heart and lung machine. I have dreams of seeing my family worried and scared in the waiting room. And yes I had a dream/memory of God telling me I am going to be OK. And low and behold I survived just as my surgeon (who was Mormon ) hoped I would. I have always felt a connection to God but I don’t attend church to have a relationship with the Lord. Anyhoo......does that mean I have had visions?? I just can’t believe all people haven’t had something like that happen to them at least once in their life. You know a dream that gives you more insight to your spiritual journey etc. I mean I had a dream that I met Brad Pitt and he wanted to go on a hike together, so we did and then ate watermelon...... does that mean i have a connection to Brad Pitt?? I am being silly of course but what I am trying to understand is these visions?? How do you verify a real one versus a thought, or idea, dream or wish? How does one know they are truly having a vision, or is it all a way to persuade a following that you are superior? Anyone have experience with the study of it? I just think you have got to have such an out of control, manipulative, narcissistic personality to think God ( who, I believe, talks to all of us in time of fear or pain) is handing the reigns over to them.
Slightly off topic - the missionary friend was speaking hypothetically, as in “If you were spoken to by God”... In response to your question, and knowing that this post will most likely be removed for being religious / OT, the LDS belief system on personal revelation can easily be googled.

Just as a "Devil's Advocate" question, why would she lose custody of her children? Both of the Fathers are dead. That leaves Grandparents of JJ. What standing do they really have? Grandparents rights for visitation? Pretty nonexistent
RSBM
JJ is special needs, and was on medicine which they have records on showing the RX hasn't been refilled. Along with getting rid of his service dog, I would think would be sufficient to make a case for neglect.

I was disappointed that the Dateline special did not delve into Lori & Alex's background. I mean, these two siblings seem like they are both totally unhinged. I want to know about their childhood family life/dynamics, what kind of household they grew up in, what they were exposed to in their formative years, what the parents were like, etc. What on earth was going on in that household to make this brother and sister into such monsters?
I think this may have been deliberate. I think they were working within the constraints of LE. This was such an early case Dateline. It seemed to me that it was being aired so soon to apply more pressure. I feel like once some sort of resolution occurs they will do a follow-up - hopefully with an interview with Lori in an orange jumpsuit.

Alex choosing to take his wife's name makes me think this was his first step in creating a new identity. But, I'm not sure why, nor can I make a guess at his next steps. I'd like to know if he had some travel plans. (Something more tangible than veil transport)

I think this may have been deliberate. I think they were working within the constraints of LE. This was such an early case Dateline. It seemed to me that it was being aired so soon to apply more pressure. I feel like once some sort of resolution occurs they will do a follow-up - hopefully with an interview with Lori in an orange jumpsuit.

It's interesting to me that MSM has been brought to heel by LE. I grew up in a time when alternative media still existed (it was right there on the newsstands in the bigger cities - not actually in my home town, but they took us on field trips to Los Angeles, ha). TONS of alternative perspectives.

Today, it's only people like Chris Hanson or other Dateline/48 hours style TV journalists who go for this. There are some exceptions, but most of the deep dives into people's upbringing/psychology are happening on podcasts (and it's not professional journalists, but often someone with a hometown interest). There are exceptions, but I wish more journalists would do actual investigative journalism. Journalism programs are collapsing because the profession is so low-paid and is often a gig economy job for years after graduation. They make less than uber drivers.

RSBM
JJ is special needs, and was on medicine which they have records on showing the RX hasn't been refilled. Along with getting rid of his service dog, I would think would be sufficient to make a case for neglect.

Psychotropic medications, which is not actually medically necessary. Unlike, say, insulin for diabetes.

And getting rid of a service dog, hardly rises to "abuse". Remember, she doesn't have to respond to anything.

I am not arguing with you, I find her actions beyond depraved. But, proving it legally, is another matter.

Alex choosing to take his wife's name makes me think this was his first step in creating a new identity. But, I'm not sure why, nor can I make a guess at his next steps. I'd like to know if he had some travel plans. (Something more tangible than veil transport)

It's like an arranged marriage between two cult leaders (one offering up brother/brother in law, the other offering a more high status leader person). The two cults were supposed to join, but his wife didn't want to lose or submerge her cult identity into his (of course, she would probably not say she was a cult leader, she's a motivational speaker, right?)

Psychotropic medications, which is not actually medically necessary. Unlike, say, insulin for diabetes.

And getting rid of a service dog, hardly rises to "abuse". Remember, she doesn't have to respond to anything.

I am not arguing with you, I find her actions beyond depraved. But, proving it legally, is another matter.

If a doctor prescribes them, they are medically necessary. The brain is an actual organ of the physical body. Psychiatric disorders, untreated, are often life threatening. At the bare minimum, if a kid truly needs their ADD/ADHD (or juvenile antipsychotic meds), they truly need them - their judgment, their memory, their ability to reason their way out of an ordinary problem are all affected.

If a medical doctor (such as a psychiatrist) prescribes something, IMO, it's medically needed until proven otherwise and we should not be second guessing a doctor.

It's interesting to me that MSM has been brought to heel by LE. I grew up in a time when alternative media still existed (it was right there on the newsstands in the bigger cities - not actually in my home town, but they took us on field trips to Los Angeles, ha). TONS of alternative perspectives.

Today, it's only people like Chris Hanson or other Dateline/48 hours style TV journalists who go for this. There are some exceptions, but most of the deep dives into people's upbringing/psychology are happening on podcasts (and it's not professional journalists, but often someone with a hometown interest). There are exceptions, but I wish more journalists would do actual investigative journalism. Journalism programs are collapsing because the profession is so low-paid and is often a gig economy job for years after graduation. They make less than uber drivers.
MOO Nate Eaton and Justin Lum have done more investigative reporting on this case than most journalists do on other stories these days. Granted, they’re working with LE in many ways. But they’re still more “boots on the ground” than most journalists on the news.

It's like an arranged marriage between two cult leaders (one offering up brother/brother in law, the other offering a more high status leader person). The two cults were supposed to join, but his wife didn't want to lose or submerge her cult identity into his (of course, she would probably not say she was a cult leader, she's a motivational speaker, right?)

Ohhh... I had no idea this could be a cult arrangement. Is this generally how cults of this type work?

ETA: Do you know more about these particular cults? Is this your personal and/or educated opinion? Not being snarky, just very curious!

There is no reason to believe Lori, Chad, or anyone else had anything to do with FLDS. Chad, Lori, and crew's brand of fringe relgious beliefs are significantly different from the mainstream Mormon beliefs and the FLDS beliefs are significantly different from the FLDS beliefs. From what we know of Lori there is no way the mysoginistic FLDS practices are something Lori would go for. There are other Mormon splinter groups that are less focused on polygamy that were discussed here earlier today that could have had influence on where Chad and Lori's twists on Mormonism have gone, but the FLDS is completely the wrong direction.
ITA. And Lori and Chad obviously don't believe in polygamy. Lori is married five times, but she only remarried after the divorce or death of the spouse. Chad was married to one woman for 30 years, and only remarried after she died of supposed "natural causes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle