Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two unrelated thoughts:

1) I have always had a hard time believing BG saw the girls dropped off by Kelsi and then decided to follow them. According to Kelsi it seemed to be a quick drop off. She was on the phone with her boyfriend, made sure the girls had their sweaters, called out “love you”, and then pulled away.

In the Podcast I saw yesterday, Kelsi says she dropped them off, made sure they had sweaters, watched them until they were almost out of sight, then pulled away.

You're exactly right. DC has been repeating the same things since early on. He also refuses to call it a cold case, even after three years. I understand not wanting to give up hope. Unfortunately, I think DC, by his gung-ho attitude, is leading people to believe the case is so-so close to being solved. He means well, I'm sure, but he's also setting people up for major disappointment.
Good point. However by people (not you) being sympathetic toward the person that KNOWS, it supports the excuses to stay quiet, it helps them rationalize not speaking up.

Instead I believe what should be supported and encouraged is this person speaking up. Encourage them to be brave enough to do the right thing.

Good point. However by people (not you) being sympathetic toward the person that KNOWS, it supports the excuses to stay quiet, it helps them rationalize not speaking up.

Instead I believe what should be supported and encouraged is this person speaking up. Encourage them to be brave enough to do the right thing.
I think "they" should also be advised that:
Failure to Report a Crime under Federal Law (18 U.S.C. section 4)
Federal law prohibits concealing information about specific crimes. Under 18 United States Code, Section 4, you may be obligated to report a crime if you are directly asked during a criminal investigation whenever:

• You have knowledge of the commission of a felony;
  • The felony actually occurred; and
  • The felony is a federal offense;
If you willfully conceal the commission of a felony federal offense, you can be charged with “misprision of a felony.” Misprision of a felony is a form of obstruction of justice. If you are convicted, you face up to a $250,000 fine, imprisonment up to three years, or both fine and imprisonment...

It's also a felony in most states to knowingly aid someone you know to be guilty, after the fact of the crime, to evade capture.

I tend to have less sympathy for whomever is not speaking up about these murders. Two children were brutally killed. There's no need to think on this for 3 years. If someone knows, they should tell.

I suppose it's possible someone has told, anonymously, who the killer is. That will not be enough to convict that killer unless the teller now grows some courage with that conscience. AJMO

I think "they" should also be advised that:
Failure to Report a Crime under Federal Law (18 U.S.C. section 4)
Federal law prohibits concealing information about specific crimes. Under 18 United States Code, Section 4, you may be obligated to report a crime if you are directly asked during a criminal investigation whenever:

• You have knowledge of the commission of a felony;
  • The felony actually occurred; and
  • The felony is a federal offense;
If you willfully conceal the commission of a felony federal offense, you can be charged with “misprision of a felony.” Misprision of a felony is a form of obstruction of justice. If you are convicted, you face up to a $250,000 fine, imprisonment up to three years, or both fine and imprisonment...

It's also a felony in most states to knowingly aid someone you know to be guilty, after the fact of the crime, to evade capture.

I tend to have less sympathy for whomever is not speaking up about these murders. Two children were brutally killed. There's no need to think on this for 3 years. If someone knows, they should tell.

I suppose it's possible someone has told, anonymously, who the killer is. That will not be enough to convict that killer unless the teller now grows some courage with that conscience. AJMO

..if they are even alive. JMO

-Nin

I agree 100%, yet people have still gone nuts over DNA in this case.

A killing or in this case a set of killings doesn't have to include a SA in order for there to be something sexual in nature in relation to the case. I didn't know until recent times that as a general rule, serial murders (and I'm not characterizing this case as one done by a serial killer, we just don't know), generally involve a sexual component or components. A killer could get off on the crime(s) committed with there being a SA committed, the immediate aftermath and get off on that w/o a SA having taken place, or just the aftermath, sometimes all the above.

I don't believe LE have usable DNA for BG.

JMO
If clothes were removed and ended up in the creek, as we believe, then there was a sexual assault just by that alone. Was there a rape? Maybe not, because of the speed that it went down. Or maybe one was raped and one was not because of the situation with other people showing up on the bridge quite soon after the girls. I do think there is some DNA, otherwise they would not have requested DNA and autopsy results from Lafayette regarding their dead rapist.

What if the person doesn't think that their loved one (BG)could ever do anything like murder. If they are living with a narcissist or sociopath you are in love and would never think him capable of that. Not all of these bad types physically abuse, most of it is mental. You know in your heart that if you do everything your boyfriend/husband says, that he'll be nice to you. (co-dependent). Maybe they are not even aware of the murders.
Another thing is that I believe it is quite possible that BG shields this person from any coverage/discussion of the murders. For instance, he might travel with that person to a place outside the normal coverage area during an anniversary period such as this one.

Or OBG looks younger than his sketch ( looks younger than his age).

Can you remember that comment at the PC a year ago? May appear younger than his age. How do we explain that comment now?

TY for this BTW.

I think "may appear younger than his true age" would have to put BG at least in his mid to upper 20's. An 18-23/4 yr old male looking any younger than true age would be adolescent looking. So I think they are saying even though he has a full head of hair and a youthful face shape, don't discount a 25-40 yr old you have suspicions about. I really don't think LE is trying to say he is 18-24 but looks 15.

I do not believe it has to be true that “somebody knows.”
That is a hopeful assumption but is not a fact, imo.
Not like a Ted Bundy, in which case people who knew & suspected him contacted police as soon as they connected the dots in their minds, which is what I believe would happen here.

A child killer is not going to tell his wife, brother etc...or anyone else, imo. And if he is loner type he may not have even been missed on the day of the murders or shortly afterward. He may even look quite different than that blur of an image we have all seen a million times.

I really think DNA is the key to this case and that if LE had a suspect, they would have found a way to get his by now. Several episodes of “Cold Case Files” were solved this way a few decades ago, if they could do it then it certainly could be done now.
Jmo

I am also not personally convinced that BG has told someone what he did. But, I do think someone (or multiple someones) are at the very least suspicious of him. Even if you are a loner or anti-social or whatever (and we don't know that he is those things), you still interact with people to some extent. Even if you are estranged from family, you still have family (even if all immediate family is deceased, there are cousins, aunts, uncles, etc). Most people need to have jobs. Even if you work remotely, you still got hired by someone. If you are are a freelance person, you still have clients or you aren't making money.

I strongly feel at least one person if not many others might suspect him. Like, "Hey that voice kind of sounds like so and so" or "The video sort of resembles that one guy I know." But there's enough doubt in their mind to not call the tip line. Or BG lives far from IN now and maybe lied to them about his past, so they have no reason to believe he was ever in the state.

I would just implore anyone who even has a modicum of suspicion about a person in their life based on something released by LE to call the tip line.

Another thing is that I believe it is quite possible that BG shields this person from any coverage/discussion of the murders. For instance, he might travel with that person to a place outside the normal coverage area during an anniversary period such as this one.
Do you think the person suspects him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member