Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, "version." LE does not have a public "version" of where Gannon was located between 2:19 and 3:00-3:15 on the day he went missing. So LE agreeing with what the neighbor saw on the video of Gannon not getting out of the truck at 2:19 is entirely irrelevant if there's an explanation for it. And we don't know if there's an explanation for it - including whether the stepmother has offered one or, if she has, whether LE has accepted it or not.
It is not just that.
Gannon is missing and there have been no sightings since 10.13am when he left with his stepmother.
That's the only version we need.

I think if any portion of the SM’s story was believed by the police, they would come out at say so. I have never seen LE allow such heinous allegations be thrown upon an innocent parent without coming to their defense in SOME form or fashion. A simple “SM has been very cooperative and we have no suspects or indication of a crime at this time” would have taken some heat off of her.

I have not seen them throw her a single bone in nearly 20 days. Surely that has to indicate something.

bbm

Not necessarily. Each case is unique in varying degrees. LE is keeping (I suspect) much information close to the vest and that could be video, eyewitness reports, relevant tips, etc.

As for SM's 'behavior', I can not accurately judge her behavior because I do not know her, never observed her day-to-day, never watch her react to positive or negative experiences over the years, etc. I do admit that what I witnessed in her video and in her written statement seems ' off ' to me but again, I can not adhere to that ' off ' without knowing the broader context of her personality.

Some people are just 'different' compared to what others accept as 'norms' but that does not outright reveal her to be a murderer or otherwise prone to purposefully hurting a child. I do not have enough info to leap to such a strong conclusion.

Once again, I ask, what is your theory as to the sequence of events AFTER Gannon got home that day, assuming he got out of the truck?

I don't have any children, but I once was a child like all of us. One thing that has bothered me is solely built on the way I was raised by my parents, so those of you with kids may be better suited for the thing that bothers me.

Let's theorize that TS is telling the truth. Gannon left with her, returned with her, then left on his own with a friend (or something like that). If he were home sick from school 1) why would you take him out in town for 4 hours? 2) Why would you let him go to a friends?

I'm not a parent, so I certain won't be the one to suggest how to parent a child, but I can't for the life of me fathom my parents ever doing 1 or 2 if I were bad enough off not to go to school.
Yes, as a parent I can't imagine taking my sick child for a four hour car ride while I went around doing errands. (Or whatever)

If there was video of Gannon leaving his house on foot to run away, I think LE would have released that so the public could see what he was wearing.

If there was video of Gannon being abducted, I'm sure LE would have released the video and issued an amber alert.

None of that has been released. Therefore LE must know that's not what happened here.

I believe he went with TS that morning and never came back.

I don't have any children, but I once was a child like all of us. One thing that has bothered me is solely built on the way I was raised by my parents, so those of you with kids may be better suited for the thing that bothers me.

Let's theorize that TS is telling the truth. Gannon left with her, returned with her, then left on his own with a friend (or something like that). If he were home sick from school 1) why would you take him out in town for 4 hours? 2) Why would you let him go to a friends?

I'm not a parent, so I certain won't be the one to suggest how to parent a child, but I can't for the life of me fathom my parents ever doing 1 or 2 if I were bad enough off not to go to school.
Helluva post IMO. Could someone remind me if it's been reported what was the reason for the 4-hr trip to town?

bbm
I think if any portion of the SM’s story was believed by the police, they would come out at say so. I have never seen LE allow such heinous allegations be thrown upon an innocent parent without coming to their defense in SOME form or fashion. A simple “SM has been very cooperative and we have no suspects or indication of a crime at this time” would have taken some heat off of her.

I have not seen them throw her a single bone in nearly 20 days. Surely that has to indicate something.
LE has commented as much.

And you would think LE would be all over this to ease everyone's mind and help aid in the search by announcing he did come home...we are looking for additional evidence that he left later....please, we need the publics help. Does anyone think just to be mean or stupid LE would leave SM twisting in the wind...to what end?[/QUOTE]

I think it’s an intentional LE tactic. Put pressure on her through Sm since her Sm footprint is so strong. She obviously cares more what people think about her than finding GS. jmo

Fine, "version." LE does not have a public "version" of where Gannon was located between 2:19 and 3:00-3:15 on the day he went missing. So LE agreeing with what the neighbor saw on the video of Gannon not getting out of the truck at 2:19 is entirely irrelevant if there's an explanation for it. And we don't know if there's an explanation for it - including whether the stepmother has offered one or, if she has, whether LE has accepted it or not.

The SM has offered so many explanations already that I'm sure she can come up with one more if need be.

I tried to answer a similar question way up thread. Speaking for my family only, my kids are rarely (like once in 10 years) sick enough to legit stay home from school, so I sometimes let them stay home if they are tired or just meh. Or, like adults, sometimes they wake up with a sore throat and it turns out they slept with their mouths open due to a stuffy nose from allergies or whatever, and it goes away entirely in a few hours. I have definitely taken them out on errands under those conditions and have often let them out to play after school, as well. I do that because I have kids who don't regularly resist going to school. If they did, my answer would probably be different,

If we could use gifs here I’d insert the one of Leonardo DiCaprio clapping here.

This has not gone unnoticed by me.....

Last edited:
COLORADO SPRINGS– UPDATE: Colorado Springs Police report that Nelson is safe and back home as of Saturday morning.

And this is a great example of a true runaway case. At that age they have limited resources. They get cold, hungry, and come home.

Gannon didn't runaway, or even walk away, with anyone.

Step mom took him away. She refuses to tell the truth about that trip.

If SM has nothing to do with this and LE has solid information that backs up her timeline of events, then I hope she sues the pants off the police department. If they have allowed this speculation to go on to the point of harassment and death threats, it would be horrifyingly negligent IMO

Not really.
aare you suggesting they also invented RD , who was interviewed for the same abc article?
Is he lying about what the video depicts /
Is he lying about what LE told him about it being the missing piece of the jigsaw?
Is he lying about Gannon's dad's tears and words when he viewed it?
We didn't write that article.
See, this is what I mean about adding on to someone’s statement.
I’m saying that there is a persistent claim that LE doesn’t dispute the video content. (From that has flowed the tag along claim/impression that police agree Gannon left that morning and never came back home, so we can now run with that). But since all LE has ever said is they won’t comment on the video, it seems like a reach to cling to their lack of a statement and turn it into a statement.

If I intended to claim that the media made up the interview with RD that we all saw, or that he lied to anyone I would have said that.

bbm

Not necessarily. Each case is unique in varying degrees. LE is keeping (I suspect) much information close to the vest and that could be video, eyewitness reports, relevant tips, etc.

As for SM's 'behavior', I can not accurately judge her behavior because I do not know her, never observed her day-to-day, never watch her react to positive or negative experiences over the years, etc. I do admit that what I witnessed in her video and in her written statement seems ' off ' to me but again, I can not adhere to that ' off ' without knowing the broader context of her personality.

Some people are just 'different' compared to what others accept as 'norms' but that does not outright reveal her to be a murderer or otherwise prone to purposefully hurting a child. I do not have enough info to leap to such a strong conclusion.
bbm

I can see you are dedicated to having all the facts. This is not court, and I’m sure LE has a ton of evidence and facts to prepare for that event. Things that aren’t available for discussion here. How do you explain the effort to issue a second statement that is not a plea for Gannon to come back, or begging someone to bring him back, but is instead a nonsensical explanation of what occurred on Saturday BEFORE he went missing?
If Gannon was fine at 2:19. What happened later? And why are they digging in the snow? Why have they not issued the blanket statement that TS is not a POI? Honestly sometimes they do that even when they know it’s not true just to slow public outcry. Why would LE let her continue to be attacked? Hmmm.
Is this something that would cause a third party kidnapper to release Gannon? Make them think they are safe? It does not compute. All imo of course, but again probability can only be stretched so far.

I recognize the narcissistic jabs (AS leaves his tools around). The NPD can’t resist no matter the situation (his son missing). I would bet those tools were a sore point that AS will recognize. I’ve been in NPD’a path before they are dangerous and vengeful and imo we will all see the details soon.

Also touching on what @jgarris said....I am a parent and if they stay home sick from school, they don’t go anywhere (unless to the doctor/pharmacy if needed, accompanied by me or my husband). But they certainly wouldn’t stay home sick and be allowed to go to a friends house. That wouldn’t fly. There are certainly missing pieces to this puzzle. I wonder what the little sister witnessed in days leading up to his disappearance.

I tried to answer a similar question way up thread. Speaking for my family only, my kids are rarely (like once in 10 years) sick enough to legit stay home from school, so I sometimes let them stay home if they are tired or just meh. Or, like adults, sometimes they wake up with a sore throat and it turns out they slept with their mouths open due to a stuffy nose from allergies or whatever, and it goes away entirely in a few hours. I have definitely taken them out on errands under those conditions and have often let them out to play after school, as well. I do that because I have kids who don't regularly resist going to school. If they did, my answer would probably be different,
Agree. Kids that go to school and work on their grades get, and should get the privilege of opting out of school once and while for less than a debilitating condition.

bbm

bbm I don't know if this is true for you or not, too, but I also have no compelling desire to make such a leap in these cases. I'm always interested in the details, but almost never (probably never) invested in the guilt or innocence of the target until it's determined by LE or the court. Seems like that can sometimes make it a hard knock life 'round here :)

this is very simple.
A child disappeared.
That is it.
Unless there is direct proof or a connection between 'family dynamics' they are irrelevant to his disappearance at 10.13am On Monday January 27, 2020.
Nothing else matters except his current location.
Every family has dynamics, every family does not potentially have a missing child because of them.
If he is dead and it is because somebody killed him, all the dynamics and tapestries in the world will not make them less guilty of murder.
They strong prey upon the weak because they are bullies with a sense of entitlement.
There are no excuses and there are no dynamics that will ever excuse that.

You have misunderstood my post. The post was about resentment..not proof or connection to the disappearance of GS.

''strong prey upon the weak because they are bullies with a sense of entitlement.''
yes they do..i know that well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member