Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drayton was very clear that his surveillance system picks up audio very well. I’m going to go out on a limb and say AS did not hear a second door open and shut not a little voice or second set of footsteps indicating someone was with SM when she returned from her “trip”.

Otherwise he would probably not have cried.
Agree. It has been my opinion since the video and RD were on the news and him emphasizing on how good his sound quality is, that the sounds heard in the video were just important, if not more, than what we could see.

Last edited:
There have been no sightings reported to us. That's not all I need.

I find it especially hard to believe that if there of been any valid sightings of this child LE would not be up front about it. Please tell me what kind of circumstances would lead law enforcement to keep something like this quiet?! Especially if they were treating it as a runaway or abduction…I don’t understand.

No, they really haven't... especially not in the last few days. The language has changed.
They have pointed out that they did not state the last sighting as being 3,15-4. They stated deliberately and slowly that it was the report made to them by the reporting person which they confirmed to be LS.
They also trashed her most recent outburst regarding child being abducted and reiterated they do not suspect a child abductor is at work here.
All discussed fully in preceding threads.

bbm I don't know if this is true for you or not, too, but I also have no compelling desire to make such a leap in these cases. I'm always interested in the details, but almost never (probably never) invested in the guilt or innocence of the target until it's determined by LE or the court. Seems like that can sometimes make it a hard knock life 'round here :)
I’m generally the same. But I’ve never witnessed the likes of this SM statements. It’s not over until it’s over, but whoever harmed this child is heartless.

Those are good questions....Here is my theory.

In my opinion, he never cut his foot on Saturday night. He wouldn't have gone on a big hike in that rocky park the next morning, if so.

She made up that story, IMO, because she knows LE probably found blood evidence in the garage and maybe trailing out towards the side gate and garbage cans.

I think that blood was spilled on Sunday evening. ...so much emotional chaos and upset that was going on that night . And Gannon was very upset.

She kept him home from school Monday. And he did seem to be walking very slowly when he was seen going to the truck Monday morning. Was he injured, sick, sad, ...I don't know. But it appears to be the last time anyone, other than StepMom, has seen him.

My guess is that she badly injured him on Sunday night. Not a fatal injury. But if he had wounds , bruises or internal injuries, she would have been arrested the next day, if anyone saw those injuries.

If so, she would have lost her teaching credentials, lost custody of her daughter and stepdaughter, and lost her husband. And likely been arrested as well....

She could not allow any of that to happen.... She felt she had NO CHOICE but to make him disappear. JMO
Agree, and I think this is a good summary of the scenario I believe is most likely if she is the person responsible for hurting him.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
here we deal with what is reported by MSM or govt agencies, LE etc. only.
No valid sightings reported.

We also recognize that just because something doesn't appear in the MSM or from LE's mouth, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

When I hear from a valid source that there has been, or has not been, some other explanation of Gannon's whereabouts after 2:19, then I'll take it off my list of things I don't know. Until then, I don't know.

I may be old fashion but if my child stayed home from school sick there is no way he is gonna be allowed to go play at anyones house, now with that be said, if I needed to run somewhere I would probably take him with me and let him lay down in the backseat or whatever if he was feeling better but no way would he be allowed to go anywhere else.

If SM has nothing to do with this and LE has solid information that backs up her timeline of events, then I hope she sues the pants off the police department. If they have allowed this speculation to go on to the point of harassment and death threats, it would be horrifyingly negligent IMO
Even then she would not have any grounds to sue LE.
They have publicly stated they have no control over what is said on SM and not to pay attention to rumors and speculation. Jmo

I have a couple questions if anyone knows the answers offhand.

How long did TS wait before she notified AS? Did AS return home immediately? Did TS notify LE before or after notifying LE?

I also wonder if LE didn't keep TS away from the home to make the daughter feel safe and secure so she could tell what the circumstances were leading up to GS's disappearance. TIA

Also touching on what @jgarris said....I am a parent and if they stay home sick from school, they don’t go anywhere (unless to the doctor/pharmacy if needed, accompanied by me or my husband). But they certainly wouldn’t stay home sick and be allowed to go to a friends house. That wouldn’t fly. There are certainly missing pieces to this puzzle. I wonder what the little sister witnessed in days leading up to his disappearance.
As a parent, I’m guilty of letting my kids play with friends when they stayed home from school. It really depends on the level of sickness, etc...

bbm
Also touching on what @jgarris said....I am a parent and if they stay home sick from school, they don’t go anywhere (unless to the doctor/pharmacy if needed, accompanied by me or my husband). But they certainly wouldn’t stay home sick and be allowed to go to a friends house. That wouldn’t fly. There are certainly missing pieces to this puzzle. I wonder what the little sister witnessed in days leading up to his disappearance.

This is an important aspect of this case that causes me concern.

We assume "sick" means ill with a cold, flu, etc., and there also is such a thing as to have a 'mental health' day, a day needed to relax a bit because you're not up to dealing with whatever the day typically entails.

Each of those possibilities might negate permission for a child to go out and about (except maybe the mental health element, in which case maybe you allow the child to do a fun thing, including visiting a friend or endure a trip to a health care facility).

If SM took GS to get medicine or visit an urgent care/doctor then all would be well with this aspect. Unfortunately for us, such elements will likely never be released due to HIPPA law, if applicable.

Even then she would not have any grounds to sue LE.
They have publicly stated they have no control over what is said on SM and not to pay attention to rumors and speculation. Jmo

Even if they aren’t paying attention to SM - surely they saw her statement released via MSM that stated she was being harassed and someone tried to run her off the road. That would have been a great time to stress that stepmom is not and has not ever been a suspect or POI and is cooperating with the investigation.

I tried to answer a similar question way up thread. Speaking for my family only, my kids are rarely (like once in 10 years) sick enough to legit stay home from school, so I sometimes let them stay home if they are tired or just meh. Or, like adults, sometimes they wake up with a sore throat and it turns out they slept with their mouths open due to a stuffy nose from allergies or whatever, and it goes away entirely in a few hours. I have definitely taken them out on errands under those conditions and have often let them out to play after school, as well. I do that because I have kids who don't regularly resist going to school. If they did, my answer would probably be different,
I do believe in the first reports of him "running away" the staying home sick story, sick was in quotation marks. It might actually be on the flyer SM had distributed. Having said that my own child has had to stay home from school VERY sick, and never left the house til they were better. The child has also on the rare occasion stayed home "sick" mental break, overwhelmed, whatever and was cared for accordingly. Just like adults, children sometimes need a break, I never sought out to teach a lesson when one needed a day of rest. Would my parents have tried to teach me a lesson by keeping me from enjoying my sick day? Oh yes. I hope we've evolved from that thinking. I agree w your post whole heartedly.

I find it especially hard to believe that if there of been any valid sightings of this child LE would not be up front about it. Please tell me what kind of circumstances would lead law enforcement to keep something like this quiet?! Especially if they were treating it as a runaway or abduction…I don’t understand.

Idk what all the reasons might be since I'm not LE. But one that comes to mind is that the whereabouts of the person(s) he was with, if other than the stepmom, are known, they are under surveillance, and the crime was not random.

bbm

Not necessarily. Each case is unique in varying degrees. LE is keeping (I suspect) much information close to the vest and that could be video, eyewitness reports, relevant tips, etc.

As for SM's 'behavior', I can not accurately judge her behavior because I do not know her, never observed her day-to-day, never watch her react to positive or negative experiences over the years, etc. I do admit that what I witnessed in her video and in her written statement seems ' off ' to me but again, I can not adhere to that ' off ' without knowing the broader context of her personality.

Some people are just 'different' compared to what others accept as 'norms' but that does not outright reveal her to be a murderer or otherwise prone to purposefully hurting a child. I do not have enough info to leap to such a strong conclusion.

I have never seen a case where LE fails to notify the public of a child seen running away or otherwise captured on video. If this child had run away and they knew it, it would be unconscionable to allow the public to point the finger at SM. But they’ve allowed it with their silence.

I have a couple questions if anyone knows the answers offhand.

How long did TS wait before she notified AS? Did AS return home immediately? Did TS notify LE before or after notifying LE?

I also wonder if LE didn't keep TS away from the home to make the daughter feel safe and secure so she could tell what the circumstances were leading up to GS's disappearance. TIA
i don’t know who she contacted first however I recall the 911 call was around 630? That seems kind of early if he left at 315?? But it would be interesting to know how many of the friends she actually contacted and if she has receipts from her “shopping trip.” I hope this doesn’t end up like the Dylan Redwine case, but there are similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3