Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other motives you are seriously entertaining at this time?
Its unlikely but its possible the perp just wanted to kill someone for whatever reason and a child is an easy target. In the town I grew up in a young man kidnapped and murdered a 3yo girl because he was just dumped by his girlfriend and wanted to take his anger out on someone, and saw her alone, making her an easy target. He carried her to a deserted part of town and beat her to death.

Also another possible scenario is the perp may have hit her by accident with his car, freaked out and hid her body in his house. You never know.

I think what was found in the trash sent them back to 602, not the woods. They were preparing another search of "the area" when one LEO found her. I think the area was 602, maybe outside as well. She was not far into the woods, just past the back door of 602 from MSM reports and pics. ETA: You may be right and it was the woods, I just can't imagine why finding something from the missing poster would lead them to the woods unless it had something from the woods on it, like pinestraw, vegetation or clay. The area is sandy, but there might be red or gray clay under the sand. JMO.

I agree, I think they found the item marked in trash can 602 and went to the home to perform another search of the area/home. It was then that they found Faye, quickly after that finding CT. I don’t know if they went directly to the woods because of evidence, it may have been a general re-search of the area because of what they found in trash can 602

What we know about Coty Taylor, man linked to Faye Swetlik

Friday, February 14th 2020

Sgt. Antley is talking about Coty Taylor. The 30-year-old has been linked to 6-year-old Faye Swetlik. Police said Taylor was found dead in his Churchill Heights apartment on Thursday about 150 yards away from the little girl's body.

“He was a neighbor. He was not a relative. He was not a friend. He was merely a neighbor that lived in Chruchill Heights,” said Sgt. Antley.

ETA: For those that prefer to visualize -- 150 yards is .08522 miles

driving-range.jpg

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-far-do-average-golfers-really-hit-it-new-distance-data-will-surprise-you

Bringing Seattle1's post forward.

This MSM article states Faye was found 150 yards from 602 Piccadilly Square. Other posters here have compared 150 yards to the size of a football field. IMO, there may be some misconception that Faye was found "right outside" someone's door. I used Google Maps' "measure" tool last night and 150 yards (or 450 feet) definitely isn't just outside the door of 602 Piccadilly.

All respectfully JMO

Screenshot of measurement on G-Maps :

upload_2020-2-16_12-4-18.png

G-Maps link :

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I agree, I think they found the item marked in trash can 602 and went to the home to perform another search of the area/home. It was then that they found Faye, quickly after that finding CT. I don’t know if they went directly to the woods because of evidence, it may have been a general re-search of the area because of what they found in trash can 602
IIRC, in the press conference the sequence of events was described as 1) Discovery of evidence in trash bin of #602. 2) Decision to search the wooded area again. 3) Discovery of Faye's body. 4) Discovery of male's body, within moments after discovery of Faye's body.

Its unlikely but its possible the perp just wanted to kill someone for whatever reason and a child is an easy target. In the town I grew up in a young man kidnapped and murdered a 3yo girl because he was just dumped by his girlfriend and wanted to take his anger out on someone, and saw her alone, making her an easy target. He carried her to a deserted part of town and beat her to death.

Also another possible scenario is the perp may have hit her by accident with his car, freaked out and hid her body in his house. You never know.

Agreed. While these cases usually involve the worst possible motive, that isn't always the case. Some guys may have a self-esteem that is so low their initial intention may be just to isolate a vulnerable child so they can talk to them and form some kind of relationship. Even if sexual assault was the motive, this may not have taken place - particularly if this did not happen almost immediately. The neighborhood quickly became a scene from Hawaii 5-0 with sirens and flashing lights everywhere. That could be enough to make the perp have second thoughts about their initial plan. Let's hope so.

M
Expecting on Tuesday that police will not reveal how Faye died only that she had been murdered and also expecting CT to be revealed either as the killer or the main suspect.

Interesting that they are doing this on Tuesday and not Monday, makes me think Faye's funeral will be on Monday. (has there been any word on this?)
Maybe Govt offices are closed for Pres day.

I keep roladexing the day she was found. The movements of LE tells us some things:
1) something discovered in the trash sent them looking for her in the woods again.
2) they didn't go to the deceased males town home first

Which leads me to think that what they found in the trash directly related to the site she was in. When they discovered sweet Faye they knew where to go next.

Any thoughts on what was found in both places? I think it's more than the item mentioned on the missing report in the trash? Had to be something to lead them back to the woods and not the town home. JMO
I too am stuck on that question of what directed them to the woods. I first thought maybe a shovel, but then they said it was something from the flyer. Still wondering. My thoughts and prayers to this sweet angel and her family!

Somehow controlling internet *advertiser censored* would be a good start.
Providing more resources for identifying and arresting internet child *advertiser censored* and pedophiles. I am talking about making this a top priority in our nation. Taking a zero tolerance stance for this behavior and putting the funds up to make it happen!

Caroline Hecker on Twitter (Video)
This morning I drove by the memorial for Faye Swetlik and everything was getting wet from the rain. So I drove back to the station, grabbed a tent... and this happened. This is what our community looks like and it’s amazing.
2665.png

@wis10
1:23 PM - 16 Feb 2020
Awesome. Good people doing the right thing, rain & all. Brings it all back to FAYE. <3

Caroline Hecker on Twitter (Video)
This morning I drove by the memorial for Faye Swetlik and everything was getting wet from the rain. So I drove back to the station, grabbed a tent... and this happened. This is what our community looks like and it’s amazing.
2665.png

@wis10
1:23 PM - 16 Feb 2020
This reporter (Caroline Hecker) appears to be an especially kind and caring person.
I read a bit about her and she is known for her thoughtful and accurate reporting.

Today, with fog & rain & chillier air, I just keep thinking about this time for Faye’s mom & dad. They will be kept very busy deciding what type of burial she will have, what clothes, what casket, what urn. Filling out paperwork, signing forms & pricing structures for those choices. It’s a horrible time making any of those decisions under normal circs, nevermind right after your heart’s been crushed into a million pieces. I’m sure they’ve got support, but... no words.

Have not seen day/time for funeral published yet. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn