Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it especially hard to believe that if there of been any valid sightings of this child LE would not be up front about it. Please tell me what kind of circumstances would lead law enforcement to keep something like this quiet?! Especially if they were treating it as a runaway or abduction…I don’t understand.
Why would LE not believe LS, by her own admission in her back facing interview? Why would she not cooperate with the search warrant for the car/key? When is the last time she spoke with LE, cooperated? Gave them any viable leads? Cooperated with search warrant/s?

See, this is what I mean about adding on to someone’s statement.
I’m saying that there is a persistent claim that LE doesn’t dispute the video content. (From that has flowed the tag along claim/impression that police agree Gannon left that morning and never came back home, so we can now run with that). But since all LE has ever said is they won’t comment on the video, it seems like a reach to cling to their lack of a statement and turn it into a statement.

If I intended to claim that the media made up the interview with RD that we all saw, or that he lied to anyone I would have said that.
ABC news were first to report the content of the cctv footage.
Their report is here.
In that same report which I do not have tattoos of, cos coffee blowout they made a statement about the police statement in relation to the footage.
That was a very specific comment on a very specific topic. It was not the same as all the other comments they made on it and did not arise from the same police source.
That is the article we are discussing which is the only article that has it.

ETA: additional thoughts and bolded what the neighbor said about TS returning home alone, and NOT seeing Gannon ever get out of the truck.
RSBM

I’d like to add that he clearly didn’t HEAR Gannon ever get out of the truck, either. I’ve always suspected this is one of the reasons he mentioned the excellent audio on his videos.

I think if any portion of the SM’s story was believed by the police, they would come out at say so. I have never seen LE allow such heinous allegations be thrown upon an innocent parent without coming to their defense in SOME form or fashion. A simple “SM has been very cooperative and we have no suspects or indication of a crime at this time” would have taken some heat off of her.

I have not seen them throw her a single bone in nearly 20 days. Surely that has to indicate something.

Agree! Just like in the Harley Dilly case. There was social media craziness going on in that case too. Every press release or statement issued on FB from PCPD, it was clearly stated that the parents weren’t suspects and have been cooperating with the investigation (paraphrase).

LEO, IMO are very aware of what is happening to TS on social media, and IMO if they had no doubt she wasn’t involved, they would state that. Especially since they continually state how the mess on SM is a hinderance to the investigation. If TS is innocent, stating that would stop the accusations. But they haven’t said that. Not once. In past cases when a parent isn’t involved in the crime, LEO states that, but hasn’t here. The only reason, IMO, they haven’t is because regardless of TS words, she hasn’t been “cleared”.

Last edited:
Idk what all the reasons might be since I'm not LE. But one that comes to mind is that the whereabouts of the person(s) he was with, if other than the stepmom, are known, they are under surveillance, and the crime was not random.

But why? To what end? If they knew where he was, why would they just leave him there if they consider him endangered??? And allow this charade to continue as well as draining resources out there searching for Gannon.

Makes absolutely no sense.

bbm
They have pointed out that they did not state the last sighting as being 3,15-4. They stated deliberately and slowly that it was the report made to them by the reporting person which they confirmed to be LS.
They also trashed her most recent outburst regarding child being abducted and reiterated they do not suspect a child abductor is at work here.
All discussed fully in preceding threads.

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 2 weeks

"Kirby said Feb. 12 that they are exploring every possible scenario of what could have happened to Gannon, including the possibility he was abducted."

I'm not sure if I have things right. Gannon was last seen on a neighbor's security video leaving on Monday morning, the day of Gannon's disappearance, and then not returning. I thought TS had mentioned that her daughter also went running errands with her and they stayed in the car and waited. We do not see the daughter or Gannon on the way back (per video). Also, the neighbor who is used to seeing Gannon (my assumption) reports that he appeared sluggish. Is it possible he was injured? I'm greatly disturbed that TS felt compelled to explain an injury that Gannon suffered to explain possible blood in the truck on that day.
Additionally, there may have been an incident that precipitated TS's anger. Is it possible that Gannon was injured from being 'punished', or from self harm because he was afraid (this one I don't believe though)? CCTV shows 'sluggish' missing boy, 11, leaving with STEPMOM before vanishing

Last edited:
Agree. It have been my opinion since the video and RD were on the news and him emphasizing on how good his sound quality is, that the sounds heard in the video were just important, if not more, than what we could see.

MOO the video is inconclusive from what I saw.
Audio may make it conclusive or maybe the door opened but didn't shut. I would rather it was conclusive. And the search seems to indicate it is conclusive that Gannon did not return.

After HD being found in a chimney, I’m not ruling anything out! Never saw that coming and IIRC they never had video that lead them to that specific house within the 3 week prior to finding him. Sometimes it’s obvious and sometimes it is just a freak happening. Hopefully we will know soon.

Those are good questions....Here is my theory.

In my opinion, he never cut his foot on Saturday night. He wouldn't have gone on a big hike in that rocky park the next morning, if so.

She made up that story, IMO, because she knows LE probably found blood evidence in the garage and maybe trailing out towards the side gate and garbage cans.

I think that blood was spilled on Sunday evening. ...so much emotional chaos and upset that was going on that night . And Gannon was very upset.

She kept him home from school Monday. And he did seem to be walking very slowly when he was seen going to the truck Monday morning. Was he injured, sick, sad, ...I don't know. But it appears to be the last time anyone, other than StepMom, has seen him.

My guess is that she badly injured him on Sunday night. Not a fatal injury. But if he had wounds , bruises or internal injuries, she would have been arrested the next day, if anyone saw those injuries.

If so, she would have lost her teaching credentials, lost custody of her daughter and stepdaughter, and lost her husband. And likely been arrested as well....

She could not allow any of that to happen.... She felt she had NO CHOICE but to make him disappear. JMO

Agree 100% Katydid. He could not go to school because of his injuries, SM kept him isolated from sister, and she had to do something to keep him quiet. This is what I have thought all along.

She did this alone, so he can't be far off a road.....she could not carry him and did not have any help.

Looking for an arrest soon!

If SM took GS to get medicine or visit an urgent care/doctor then all would be well with this aspect. Unfortunately for us, such elements will likely never be released due to HIPPA law, if applicable.

Absolutely. It brings another question to my mind, but it may not be applicable for this school system.

Where I live, there are strict policies regarding absences for sickness. Essentially, you have to have a doctor's note to return to school (we had an outbreak of a sickness several years ago that has deteriorated trust of parents sending their children to school while sick.after being sick) and the schools keep detailed reports of those notes, without putting the specifics that come from HIPPA laws.

If Gannon went to a Dr. and needed some proof to return to school (or even if he didn't need it, he would have something from the Dr.)...wouldn't TS have that? Couldn't she, as a guardian, reveal that information?

IMO, they only say they consider this a possibility because that is the (latest) narrative they have been given by LS/TS. As they have said, they must investigate every tip or lead.
That might be one aspect but not necessarily the only. Other factors might be relevant.

bbm I don't know if this is true for you or not, too, but I also have no compelling desire to make such a leap in these cases. I'm always interested in the details, but almost never (probably never) invested in the guilt or innocence of the target until it's determined by LE or the court. Seems like that can sometimes make it a hard knock life 'round here
just the facts mam, lol. I know I’ve heard that on tv a thousand years ago.

Even if they aren’t paying attention to SM - surely they saw her statement released via MSM that stated she was being harassed and someone tried to run her off the road. That would have been a great time to stress that stepmom is not and has not ever been a suspect or POI and is cooperating with the investigation.
I think they are monitoring SM and yes, they have not cleared anyone yet but have stated that anyone they are interested in speaking to is a POI.
In many cases I have known LE to clear family members or people close to the investigation within the first week or so.
If they wanted to protect her or stop the rumors about her it does seem like they would have cleared her if they were sure. Jmo

bbm

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 2 weeks

"Kirby said Feb. 12 that they are exploring every possible scenario of what could have happened to Gannon, including the possibility he was abducted."
Here you go Chuck.

We discussed it here after her interview, just in past couple of days, in fact.

However, in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped.

“Right now there is no threat to the community as far as this case goes,” El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. Deborah Mynatt tells PEOPLE. “We don’t have those specifics to put out there [yet], and we haven’t done so. There’s reasons for that and we just can’t go into those details.”

She adds, “We are really trying to also ensure that the community knows if there was a threat of some sort of public safety statement, if there was an abduction of some sort, if that information was revealed to us … we would absolutely put that out.”
Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'

ABC news were first to report the content of the cctv footage.
Their report is here.
In that same report which I do not have tattoos of, cos coffee blowout they made a statement about the police statement in relation to the footage.
That was a very specific comment on a very specific topic. It was not the same as all the other comments they made on it and did not arise from the same police source.
That is the article we are discussing which is the only article that has it.
I honestly don’t understand your point. I think everyone knows the video was released to the media and the neighbor made a statement on camera.

My point has been that all the discussion on “no dispute” has equaled for some that it’s the same as LE confirmation of the video content/how Gannon appeared/that he never came back home, and so on. But police have refused to comment on all of that, only confirming a video was reported and that its part of their investigation. The video is evidence. They’re not going to weigh in on anything about it. I personally think that’s sound practice.

MOO the video is inconclusive from what I saw.
Audio may make it conclusive or maybe the door opened but didn't shut. I would rather it was conclusive. And the search seems to indicate it is conclusive that Gannon did not return.

I've looked at that vid a hundred times. I see the shadow at the bottom, I see the movement at the top. But my question is this.....

If Gannon returned that day, what do you suspect happened thereafter? What is the theory you, and others, may have regarding the hours afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77