Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^SBM

Except we have the official statement from law enforcement at the presser that Kaye's body was located in the woods-- about 150 yards from the deceased man's apartment.

I just went back and listened to the whole press conference Friday and I jacked up the sound so I could hear the questions better and as it turns out they don't say where in relation to his place the body is located. Ansley is asked how close CTs house is to Faye's house and he replys "100-150 feet" which we know thanks to Google maps isn't accurate. Maybe he misunderstood and did give us the distance from his house to her body but that's not what was asked so we can't know for sure.

Either way there's a big difference between 100-150 feet and 100-150 yards.

Press conference:

Me too. Especially when I just watched it again and a reporter asked about DNA. The response was intriguing.

Side note: whoever is moderating at the moment I appreciate you giving reasons for deletions in the deletion. Makes it so much easier for me to remember which post it would have been.
BBM

What was the reporter's response?

ADMIN NOTE:

There is no MSM to indicate whether CT lived with anyone or not. Any indications of that are rumor and are not to be brought here for discussion. It is a violation of Websleuths TOS aka The Rules. Please do not discuss moderation or removed posts on the thread, and do not repost something that has already been removed.

Sorry that we are not always able to provide individualized explanations for removal of posts when we are super busy with this and other threads. We are not required to provide reasons but we do try when we have time.

All members are required to familiarize themselves with The Rules. If after doing so you still need clarification about them, PM a Mod or Admin rather than asking them on the thread. Discussing removed posts or moderation detracts from the intention of the thread, which is specifically to discuss Faye's case.

Any questions about the above, please private message me or any Mod/Admin.

Thank you.

I just went back and listened to the whole press conference Friday and I jacked up the sound so I could hear the questions better and as it turns out they don't say where in relation to his place the body is located. Ansley is asked how close CTs house is to Faye's house and he replys "100-150 feet" which we know thanks to Google maps isn't accurate. Maybe he misunderstood and did give us the distance from his house to her body but that's not what was asked so we can't know for sure.

Either way there's a big difference between 100-150 feet and 100-150 yards.

Press conference:
Yes. I've been looking for an MSM video where the place where Faye's body was found and cannot find that. It was right out the back door of 602 Picadilly Square, not far inside the tree line. ETA: There was also some discussion of the body being located behind the NAPA and close to the entrance of the neighborhood.

I
My thought was a piece of her clothing with pine straw on it. The deceased male's townhouse backed up to the woods. LE indicated that it would be something listed on the missing flyer. It details what she was wearing. Gut investigative instincts put all the pieces together.
I agree with the clothing or a boot, but I wonder what in addition that led to the woods.

I think it would be nice if some of the stuffed animals that are not dirty or wet could be donated to DHS, hospitals, or women's shelters. Maybe even the LE or fire department could give them to children on calls.

Families of other child victims have done this, and I'm fairly certain Faye's family will want to do this, too. :) JMOO

^^bbm
Reporter Caroline Heckler (WIS/10) cites what her community looks like protecting Kaye's memorial. I also want to extend kudos to Heckler and all the local reporters that respectfully reported and kept vigil across the street from the Churchill Heights neighborhood. They did not hesitate to follow the request of investigators to leave the neighborhood and gave investigators space and privacy to do their jobs and quickly locate precious Faye.

MOO

Caroline Hecker is tops in my book. She covered the trial of the murders of the 5 Jones children so respectfully and with such compassion. I will always be a fan.

What we know about Coty Taylor, man linked to Faye Swetlik

Friday, February 14th 2020

Sgt. Antley is talking about Coty Taylor. The 30-year-old has been linked to 6-year-old Faye Swetlik. Police said Taylor was found dead in his Churchill Heights apartment on Thursday about 150 yards away from the little girl's body.

CT apartment being 150 yards away from where FS body located is attributed to Sgt Antley and police by local [Columbia SC] news outlets including 13WLOS and The State.

There are also some later videos and news reports (since my initial post) citing CT's apartment 150 yards from FS residence so there is a conflict that hopefully will be cleared up at next presser.

MOO

Completely speculation on my part...

However I wonder if CT is the suspect (we still don’t know), that perhaps he felt such guilt over the crime/concern that police were around and he would get caught/was homicidal and suicidal and wanted to make sure he had recognition for his role in her death- that he left a note with the item found in the trash can identifying
her location.

"While her body was located in a wooded area of the neighborhood, near one of the entrances, Taylor’s body was found in his home, police said."

From Investigators link death of 30-year-old neighbor to homicide of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

February 14, 2020 at 10:36 AM EST - Updated February 15 at 9:50 AM

Thanks @Irmese for this latest link which was updated a day later and a perfect example of earlier posts (including my own) citing body was 150 yards from deceased male's apartment but now some news are reporting the apartment was 150 yards from Faye's residence. I hope a reporter will clarify at next presser.

Hopefully we will get a lot of clarification on many things from LE Tuesday. This may end up being one of those cases where all our questions are never answered. I hope not, but I do believe LE will give the public within reason what they can. JMOO

Hopefully we will get a lot of clarification on many things from LE Tuesday. This may end up being one of those cases where all our questions are never answered. I hope not, but I do believe LE will give the public within reason what they can. JMOO

I get the feeling that alot is known right now, but we just aren't getting the information for some reason. It's frustrating and for sure causing alot of rumors to fly.

Yes, I thought this. As a young kid I'm sure I would have found the well kept grass there more attractive for playing than the area where the cars are parked. She may even have got into the habit of playing more around there than by her house, over time. This could have enabled some kind of dynamic developing between the victim and the perp, beginning with the two starting to acknowledge one another with a seemingly innocent greeting or wave. It wouldn't take long before a girl of 6 began seeing this person as a kind of friend, or at least a friendly face.
The front seems awfully close to the road, imo. Kids get side tracked and forget to “look”.
Possibly she went missing as soon as she went outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck