Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Last edited by a moderator:
MODS PLEASE BRING THIS POST OVER TO ALL NEW THREADS UNLESS THERE IS AN ARREST.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE POST HERE IS THE SHORT VERSION. WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Dear Everyone,

Rarely are things black and white when it comes to the Websleuths rules.

One of our rules is we cannot accuse just anyone of a crime. Good rule. Another rule we do our best to follow is unless law enforcement says someone is a suspect or even a person of interest we cannot accuse anyone connected to a case of a crime.

Then we have our great big gray areas. Like Gannon's case.

It is rare these days for law enforcement to actually say someone is a suspect but we have to use our common sense.

Take the case of the missing children of Lori Vallow. Her behavior and the fact that people around her are dropping dead leaves us with the very logical conclusion that she has done something with her children and therefore we do allow our members to discuss this case with Lori and her husband Chad as possible perps involved in her missing children.

Mark Sievers was just convicted of 1st-degree murder in the death of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers even though he was hundreds of miles away when she was murdered. Early on we allowed our members to discuss Mark Sievers as a suspect because of what our members discovered and it was only common sense that he was a suspect.

Then there is the case of Heidi Broussard. Her boyfriend was 100 percent innocent in her disappearance and her murder but many members decided to accuse him of being involved because he was awkward in front of the camera. I hope that those who felt it was OK to accuse a man when there was no evidence to suggest he had anything to do with the crime will re-think before they ever do something like that again. Remember, unless the Internet blows up, Heidi and Shane's children could (one day) read your words about their father.

Your words have power. You are responsible for your opinions. We cannot babysit this thread 24/7.

Always imagine you are standing in front of the person you are posting about. Imagine that person knows your real name and where you live. Imagine that person has the power to go on a forum and say something about you. Now, this scenario is strictly a fantasy but it is a great guideline to use when you post.

Below is the short version of this post.

WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Thank you,
Tricia

Actually, she did give permission to discuss SM.
We just are NOT allowed to trash her or call her names so saying if she was married, not married, etc is Allowed.
This is correct.

In this case, even though the police agencies have not named anyone as a suspect it is obvious there are problems with Step-Mom's story. We can certainly discuss the changing story and other areas but again, you cannot call her a murderer or outright accuse her of a crime and finally no name-calling. Thank you.

MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL ND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

Why would they ?
I forget that so many are only about the money and don’t give a care for their reputation... or their soul for that matter !
Technically MOO her defense attorney will be from the public defender office of the El Paso Court if she needs it.
Public defender salaries typically 48-80k a year.
Paying for a private attorney for a murder defense typically runs 100k.

Last edited:
I’m always nervous (suspicious) when a key player in a case “pre-splains” (my ex-LE hubby used that term) things. It’s as if she has an answer even before the question is asked. For example, Gannon allegedly cutting his foot, Gannon allegedly searching whether a phone can reveal location if it’s off. It’s as if she’s anticipating certain evidence might be found and she’s trying to head it off at the pass. JMO

Stupid question:

Is it just hopeful speculation that the truck has some sort of GPS system that stores location data, or is this factual based on the year and model?

Does a vehicle need to have navigation to have GPS? Or is this technology pretty universal these days and not necessarily only in cars with Navi?

At least 4 professional volunteer SAR teams have been assisting with this search. These are all highly-trained volunteers donating hundreds of hours of their time out in the cold. One of them, Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, is comprised of high schoolers. If you're feeling helpless, consider supporting one of these organizations so they can keep doing their amazing life-saving work.

El Paso County Search and Rescue

Douglas County SAR Home

Arapahoe Rescue Patrol. Inc

Fremont Search & Rescue

I’m always nervous (suspicious) when a key player in a case “pre-splains” (my ex-LE hubby used that term) things. It’s as if she has an answer even before the question is asked. For example, Gannon allegedly cutting his foot, Gannon allegedly searching whether a phone can reveal location if it’s off. It’s as if she’s anticipating certain evidence might be found and she’s trying to head it off at the pass. JMO
I think you’re spot on about the cut story, in that she was trying to protect herself in the event law enforcement found blood in the garage.

In regards to that alleged Google search, her motivation would have been different. She was trying to leave a false trail, and guide law enforcement to the conclusion that Gannon ran away.

It appears to have worked, if only briefly.

Ironically, it was hearing about that search that immediately pushed me to the conclusion that he didn’t run away, and SM had staged the scene.

“Gannon didn’t come home from his friend’s house, let me check his Google history...” Just way too damn weird and convenient.

That’s why I thought she was lying, even before she ever spoke.

totally agree.

At least 4 professional volunteer SAR teams have been assisting with this search. These are all highly-trained volunteers donating hundreds of hours of their time out in the cold. One of them, Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, is comprised of high schoolers. If you're feeling helpless, consider supporting one of these organizations so they can keep doing their amazing life-saving work.

Douglas County SAR Home

Fremont Search & Rescue

Seconded.

Stupid question:

Is it just hopeful speculation that the truck has some sort of GPS system that stores location data, or is this factual based on the year and model?

Does a vehicle need to have navigation to have GPS? Or is this technology pretty universal these days and not necessarily only in cars with Navi?

This is NOT a stupid question at all. I was wondering if the truck had a GPS system like OnStar. If it is a newer one, it might. If it does have one, that might lend to some very important info about when and where the truck was.

@go997 (I can’t tag for some reason. Edit nevermind, I got it lol ) I hope it was ok I brought this over to this thread. I think it’s a great discussion point!

“I wonder if it would be possible to create some kind of scoring system for rating the level of concern that a suspect should create, based on red flags they have given out with their behaviour since a person went missing? Much of this would be based on the actions that Peter Hyatt looks for (although not all, as statement analysis is obviously only one aspect of investigating).

For example..

1. Speaks of victim in past tense
2. Shows disinclination to refer to victim by name
3. Shows no concern about what the person is currently going through
4. Is eager to self-justify behaviour
5. Draws attention to own acts of kindness
6. Does not want to be interviewed on camera
7. Draws attention to victim's traits
8. Mentions water when interviewed
9. Is disinclined to join any search parties physically
10. Changes story as evidence is uncovered

Etc, etc.

I'm sure that a group of experienced sleuthers, those of you who have been doing this sort of thing for years, could come up with a much longer and probably more relevant list of red flags.

Does anybody think that a system such as this could be, in some way, beneficial? At the moment, people just bring up individual red flags to support their argument in a post ('I think X is guilty, because they keep talking about Y and not Z').

A well-devised system would offer a degree of protection to accused individuals who have actually given off very few red flags, but who are perhaps facing unfair scrutiny due to having a personality that a lot of people just don't like.

Have we yet reached a point where we can look at this sort of thing in a more data-driven/scientific way, or do people prefer to trust their gut more than a set of numbers”

At least 4 professional volunteer SAR teams have been assisting with this search. These are all highly-trained volunteers donating hundreds of hours of their time out in the cold. One of them, Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, is comprised of high schoolers. If you're feeling helpless, consider supporting one of these organizations so they can keep doing their amazing life-saving work

Douglas County SAR Home

Fremont Search & Rescue
Relevant map
http://arapahoegov.com/DocumentCenter/View/6219/Explore-Arapahoe-Trails-Map?bidId=

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
Update on Search for Gannon: Search efforts continued in Southern Douglas County with 82 people assisting including @DCSARColorado, @epcsar and Arapahoe County SAR. We have received 555 tips to date. #FindGannon #bringgannonhome

EQ792ARU0AIpwJ8.jpg

4:20 PM - 16 Feb 2020

ETA: Confirming 555 tips is not an error -- count was 540 on Saturday.

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
We have received 540 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence. INFO: Call 719-520-6666. #FindGannon https://bit.ly/39E3D7a

EQ2j0LaU8AEEi83.jpg

3:08 PM - 15 Feb 2020

i’m wondering if we know the year or trim of the red truck. i believe it is a nissan frontier ? i don’t have much knowledge of these trucks or know anyone that drives one and i’m havinf a hard time finding online when in dash navigation was the factory standard.

also you know how some vehicles have the “police traceable” sticker on the window, i’m curious if anyone knows if this is because of the factory navigation system installed or is there another gps system unrelated to the “in dash screen system”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage