Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is stuck on those first few hours. I have questions. So many questions. This may ramble and not make sense because I am very tired, but I want to list a few questions.

1. When was the Google search "Can my parents trace me, blah, blah.... made?

2. When did LS look through G's phone and find the above search? And what led her (in theory) to search his history?

3. When was a description of what G was wearing given?

4. How did LS respond / act when the *advertiser censored* & Go contacted LE with info about a possible sighting?

5. How long after info came from K&G did it take for LH to view the tape and confirm that it was NOT G?

6. When was the missing poster released (The one with the big shot of LS' face and tiny shot of G's)?

7. Did anyone else take an earlier look at the video to confirm that it was or wasn't G?

Imo, LS is cruelly toying with LH. This isn't just an abusive stepmom going too far, although it is that... But there is something personal there too... Motivating LS to hurt LH.
Excellent post!!

"Imo, LS is cruelly toying with LH. This isn't just an abusive stepmom going too far, although it is that... But there is something personal there too... Motivating LS to hurt LH."

I agree!!!

bbm
That’s something that has bothered me about this location since the search began. Of course any vehicle would be fine on Highway 105, a two-lane paved road.

But all side roads where they are searching are driveways to private homes. The homes are on large acreage (35-40 acres) but it seems risky to dump a body or evidence (or heaven forbid, commit a murder) in that area in the middle of the day. There might have been isolated spots that wouldn’t be seen from the highway or a house but you would have to be fully aware of every line of sight to your location.

To answer your question, either vehicle would have been fine on the highway or driveways that day since the weather was nice and there wasn’t snow on the ground.
That assumes something occurred there that Monday, in the middle of the day. GS has been missing for 20+ days....

It's very hard to generalize about this topic. I have always driven a car and I never backed that into any spot because there wouldn't be any purpose. I recently bought an 8 passenger SUV. I get why a person would back that in or ever a larger pick up truck. When you park a vehicle, the odds are that you have more time to get it situated right. When people leave the house, especially in the morning, when they are already running late and rushing to work, it's easier to pull out forward than to back out. This is something I have learned and put in place with my SUV. However, none of this is relevant when it comes to the actions of LS. The thing that makes the most sense as to why she backed the truck in the driveway are one of three options, or a combination of them all.
1. Gannon was injured and couldn't go far.
2. She needed to load something in the bed of the truck.
3. She backed in to try and be out of sight of cameras.

All good points - that totally would play into safety - taking more time to park and then potentially being in more of a hurry when leaving a spot.
Genuinely curious: Do you not think that it could be LS habitual way of parking for any particular reason? (besides the obvious: that she probably had motivations such as the ones you stated) But aside from that- is it her ability at the back-in parking - specifically on that attempt when she returned in the afternoon)?? LE would know if this was unusual behavior from the amount of video surveillance they have. I believe I remember this coming up in the Watts case - that it was unusual for him to back in and that was taken note of?
I did not notice if the other car in the driveway in the neighbor’s video is parked front-in or back-in? (Gosh, I think there was a second car ?)
I guess this probably isn’t of much significance in terms of proving anything in a case, but I’m just interested ;)

Last edited:
All good points - that totally would play into safety - taking more time to park and then potentially being in more of a hurry when leaving a spot.
Genuinely curious: Do you not think that it could be LS habitual way of parking for any particular reason? (besides the obvious: that she probably had motivations such as the ones you stated) But aside from that- is it her ability at the back-in parking - specifically on that attempt when she returned in the afternoon)?? LE would know if this was unusual behavior from the amount of video surveillance they have. I believe I remember this coming up in the Watts case - that it was unusual for him to back in and that was taken note of?
I did not notice if the other car in the driveway in the neighbor’s video is parked front-in or back-in? (Gosh, I think there was a second car ?)
I guess this probably isn’t of much significance in terms of proving anything in a case, but I’m just interested ;)
You can only see about half of the other car (the dark SVU) in the video, but it appears to be parked nose-in.

When LS gets back home, without Gannon, at approximately 2PM, it takes her three attempts to get that truck backed in the driveway, to her satisfaction. I'd say addrenilin was pumping, she was flustered! When she initially backed into the driveway at approximately 10 Am before Gannon got in the truck she backed up only once and didn't need to reposition the truck. Does that make her an expert at backing up, I'd say NO. But I could be wrong.

My mind is stuck on those first few hours. I have questions. So many questions. This may ramble and not make sense because I am very tired, but I want to list a few questions.

2. When did LS look through G's phone and find the above search? And what led her (in theory) to search his history?

4. How did LS respond / act when the *advertiser censored* & Go contacted LE with info about a possible sighting?

5. How long after info came from K&G did it take for LH to view the tape and confirm that it was NOT G?

6. When was the missing poster released (The one with the big shot of LS' face and tiny shot of G's)?

7. Did anyone else take an earlier look at the video to confirm that it was or wasn't G?

Imo, LS is cruelly toying with LH. This isn't just an abusive stepmom going too far, although it is that... But there is something personal there too... Motivating LS to hurt LH.

Well, I have zero answers to the majority of these, a result which you may already have been suspecting, but I've only ever seen any "missing poster" with the huge LS and tiny GS hiking picture on it. No other versions, to my knowledge, have been circulated; and we were hearing about it pretty early in the grand scheme of things. I knew about it as soon as I stepped into the thread; though I can't remember how long after the first report of the disappearance I stepped into the thread.

The assumption has also been that it was homemade; and that seems a pretty safe bet even without us knowing its source, as it had quotes around the word "sick" (as if to imply that the subject was faking), which is not a thing I think LE/missing person's sites would do, even if they thought it was a mischaracterization on the part of the reporting person. It also contained the text of Gannon's purported cell phone search, with quotes.

Assuming that TS was not immediately on the outs with AS, I am assuming that the hiking picture was provided as the "Missing" picture because someone was pressing Tee to cobble together any type of "Missing" ad, and it was the most recent photo of Gannon she either could find, or cared to find. I don't think that a shared photo would have been LE's first request. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the last time we were stuck with a shared-subject picture as a "Missing" poster. Most people with any choice don't want to muddy the waters with extra information.

And she might as well hurt AS while she’s at it?

MOO

Agreed. If anything, a perp might actually find the spiralling tip count reassuring. It just creates more fog and indicates that LE just don't have the answers yet. And yes just as the chances of finding a missing child diminish by the minute, the chances of getting away with a crime increase with each day you spend at liberty.

And then, even without a body Dan May and the terrific law enforcement people there will spring with what they've got and you have a very bad day involving handcuffs and a trip to the hoosegow! (Ask Patrick Frazee.)

Last edited:
It's very hard to generalize about this topic. I have always driven a car and I never backed that into any spot because there wouldn't be any purpose. I recently bought an 8 passenger SUV. I get why a person would back that in or ever a larger pick up truck. When you park a vehicle, the odds are that you have more time to get it situated right. When people leave the house, especially in the morning, when they are already running late and rushing to work, it's easier to pull out forward than to back out. This is something I have learned and put in place with my SUV. However, none of this is relevant when it comes to the actions of LS. The thing that makes the most sense as to why she backed the truck in the driveway are one of three options, or a combination of them all.
1. Gannon was injured and couldn't go far.
2. She needed to load something in the bed of the truck.
3. She backed in to
When LS gets back home, without Gannon, at approximately 2PM, it takes her three attempts to get that truck backed in the driveway, to her satisfaction. I'd say addrenilin was pumping, she was flustered! When she initially backed into the driveway at approximately 10 Am before Gannon got in the truck she backed up only once and didn't need to reposition the truck. Does that make her an expert at backing up, I'd say NO. But I could be wrong.

Yes, I agree that she was flustered when she returned in the afternoon and thus the difficulty parking. It could be that she is normally very proficient at backing in since it seemed to be simple enough the first time, but perhaps not - as you said, definitely doesn’t make her an “expert” just because she was successful that first time!

Well, I have zero answers to the majority of these, a result which you may already have been suspecting, but I've only ever seen any "missing poster" with the huge LS and tiny GS hiking picture on it. No other versions, to my knowledge, have been circulated; and we were hearing about it pretty early in the grand scheme of things. I knew about it as soon as I stepped into the thread; though I can't remember how long after the first report of the disappearance I stepped into the thread.

The assumption has also been that it was homemade; and that seems a pretty safe bet even without us knowing its source, as it had quotes around the word "sick" (as if to imply that the subject was faking), which is not a thing I think LE/missing person's sites would do, even if they thought it was a mischaracterization on the part of the reporting person. It also contained the text of Gannon's purported cell phone search, with quotes.

Assuming that TS was not immediately on the outs with AS, I am assuming that the hiking picture was provided as the "Missing" picture because someone was pressing Tee to cobble together any type of "Missing" ad, and it was the most recent photo of Gannon she either could find, or cared to find. I don't think that a shared photo would have been LE's first request. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the last time we were stuck with a shared-subject picture as a "Missing" poster. Most people with any choice don't want to muddy the waters with extra information.
I thought that she said that she took a selfie in the truck. So why wasn't that photo used for the missing poster?

I thought that she said that she took a selfie in the truck. So why wasn't that photo used for the missing poster?
It either doesn’t exist, or she thought she looked better in the other one.

By “look better,” I mean both physically and in terms of optics. Her “duck face” and lighting may have been optimal, and/or it shows how great a mother she (thinks she) is (taking her smiling kids hiking).

Who the hell knows though with this lady. She’s a piece of work.

Last edited:
Early on, LE had enough probable cause to impound the white car. Why?

What's our theory?

JMO

In LS “interview” she mentioned officers taking the keys I think? BUT did they state whether they did infact impound the vehicle? Is that information we have? I haven’t been able to follow daily... apologies if this has been hashed out already. If the vehicle was impounded I find it very interesting - especially as the newest written statement from LS to msm news states that Gannon was on the edge of the car (and not truck - tho some folks don’t differentiate between the two in their speech) it makes you wonder since LS is saying that’s where they took care of Gannon’s bandaging...

In LS “interview” she mentioned officers taking the keys I think? BUT did they state whether they did infact impound the vehicle? Is that information we have? I haven’t been able to follow daily... apologies if this has been hashed out already. If the vehicle was impounded I find it very interesting - especially as the newest written statement from LS to msm news states that Gannon was on the edge of the car (and not truck - tho some folks don’t differentiate between the two in their speech) it makes you wonder since LS is saying that’s where they took care of Gannon’s bandaging...
Yeah, I don’t think we know this for a fact. If they wanted the keys, it certainly would have been because they were executing a search warrant.

To execute a search warrant, they would have impounded the vehicle.

So I absolutely believe it, but I don’t think there’s an actual media report to that effect.

I wavered back and forth on that thought too, but just because it was planned beforehand wouldn't necessarily mean the entire process was planned or if it was, planned well.

Could the stories be stemming from paranoia at all?

imo it would be paranoia of being caught out and having to be accountable for ones actions.

Yeah, I don’t think we know this for a fact. If they wanted the keys, it certainly would have been because they were executing a search warrant.

To execute a search warrant, they would have impounded the vehicle.

So I absolutely believe it, but I don’t think there’s an actual media report to that effect.

Gotcha. Thank you! I just went back and listened to the interview and LS does say that LE wanted the keys so that they could take her daughter’s car. So, probably it is one of the actually believable things stated by LS.

Re 4 we don’t know if it was the *advertiser censored* n go that contacted LE, we only know LE have stated it was a false report.

Gotcha. Thank you! I just went back and listened to the interview and LS does say that LE wanted the keys so that they could take her daughter’s car. So, probably it is one of the actually believable things stated by LS.
Yeah, I believe that, and her account that law enforcement told her she was being “uncooperative.”

I think that’s about it though.

I think you’re spot on about the cut story, in that she was trying to protect herself in the event law enforcement found blood in the garage.

In regards to that alleged Google search, her motivation would have been different. She was trying to leave a false trail, and guide law enforcement to the conclusion that Gannon ran away.

It appears to have worked, if only briefly.

Ironically, it was hearing about that search that immediately pushed me to the conclusion that he didn’t run away, and SM had staged the scene.

“Gannon didn’t come home from his friend’s house, let me check his Google history...” Just way too damn weird and convenient.

That’s why I thought she was lying, even before she ever spoke.
And I think she blew it by being 'too clever' and adding 'my parents' into the google search.

I really don't think an 11 yr old that wanted to know if his cell could be tracked, would add 'my parents' into the google search bar. These kids are way more savvy than we are about google phone searches. They keep it to simplest terms.

When I read what the question supposedly was, I felt certain that was a staged question. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member