Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience (as in actual family experience) the fact that the not yet a suspect is dead, is/will be retribution. Sitting through a gruesome trial with pictures and descriptions, etc is devastating on a family. MOO

JMO
Such a terribly sad case.

To help prevent future murderers from becoming murderers, I think schools should start requiring a semester on something similar to Forensic Files where they can educate young people on how far criminal forensics has come to where it is very hard to get away with murder these days as compared to years ago. With recent advances in DNA technology, Cell Phone and SM tracking, and other newer techniques, I think it may help to squash at least some of the people from becoming monsters that think they can get away with murder.

Just trying to think of a way to slow down this madness. Too many cases where murderers think they are smarter than LE. I have to think that a lot of them havent paid attention to the newer techniques that LE has at their disposal these days. Maybe a required semester of this type of education could help.

Not sure but trying to think of a way to slow down and stop the madness.

Hi all, something I just need to get off my chest. I was so impressed by law enforcement's response to this little girls disappearance. It was amazing. I was so hopeful they would find her in time and so heartbroken they did not. I'm sure they are hurting that they were so darn close. Praying for peace for all of them and Fayes family.

JMO

To help prevent future murderers from becoming murderers, I think schools should start requiring a semester on something similar to Forensic Files where they can educate young people on how far criminal forensics has come to where it is very hard to get away with murder these days as compared to years ago. With recent advances in DNA technology, Cell Phone and SM tracking, and other newer techniques, I think it may help to squash at least some of the people from becoming monsters that think they can get away with murder.

Just trying to think of a way to slow down this madness. Too many cases where murderers think they are smarter than LE. I have to think that a lot of them havent paid attention to the newer techniques that LE has at their disposal these days. Maybe a required semester of this type of education could help.

I think what is lacking is empathy. A lot of killers are well aware of forensic science and do avoid leaving evidence if they can.

Have there been actual facts released yet regarding his guilt?
I haven't been online for a few days, I've clearly missed something major. I would like to see the actual facts, if someone would kindly share a link with me.
You didn't miss anything. We still don't know the facts, therefore no-one is disregarding them.

Most are just waiting until tomorrow when we will know more. Jmo

JMO

No idea is a bad idea, but I think that would have the opposite effect.

I think what is lacking is empathy. A lot of killers are well aware of forensic science and do avoid leaving evidence if they can.

Yeah, good point. True psychopaths that cannot feel compassion for others or plain do not care about other's feelings pose a whole other challenge.

We have covered our fair share of cases here where the individual was considered a real psychopath and those cases are some of the scariest individuals to me. Jodi Arias comes to mind right away, and the recent Patrick Frazee case and his "helper" had me wondering about them and whether they felt any compassion for others.

I'm on top of my kids and as devoted and protective as they come and never stepped away for more than 5 minutes. This could have happened to me. That is why this is horrifying and incredibly traumatic and sad to me, and why I will defend this mother fiercely. She did nothing wrong. She is living her absolute worst nightmare.
I agree. Her family must be reeling from tragedy so horrifically final and so fast. She's gone forever and buried within a week. I'm not criticizing LE. I'm glad she was found quickly. It's just head spinning. The shock, horror, grief, heartbreak and anger must be totally overwhelming. I know it is for us and we're not family.
Parents are criticized for so much today. If they are protective, they're labeled 'helicopter parents'. If they are a bit freer, they're labeled as 'bad or uncaring parents'. Faye's mom walked to her bus stop to pick her up. She accompanied her home and gave her a snack. Faye wanted to play outdoors. So many parents are criticized for keeping children in and letting them "watch too much tv or play too many video games". Faye's mom noticed her missing quickly. She may have been preparing dinner or cleaning the kitchen of the after-school snack for a few minutes.
The bottom line is that we do the best we can for our children and the blame should be directed towards the perpetrator.
***Just saw that Faye's public memorial will be on Feb 21 by another poster. This will give her family a little more time to process while being bolstered with more support and love from the community which is so vital now.

Last edited:
Date of death has been removed from obit.
Thank you. Looks like it's still a work in progress. Here is the updated version:

OBITUARY

Faye Marie Swetlik

Born June 13, 2013

faye-swetlik-lexington-sc-obituary.jpg

Faye Marie Swetlik was born on June 13, 2013.

21 February
Memorial Service

7:00 pm

Trinity Baptist Church
2003 Charleston Highway
Cayce, South Carolina

Faye Swetlik Obituary - Lexington, SC

Yes of course! Killers come from all IQs. Just saying this case specifically, killer seems kind of dumb to me, it sounds like he acted on impulse and didn’t plan what he would do to cover his tracks. That doesn’t match my impression of what CT was like.

I have no idea why LE would have said the community wasn’t at danger if he wasn’t the killer, don’t have an answer for that one. This is just what my gut is telling me, I could be totally wrong!

Book smarts do not equal street smarts or common sense. At all. One can read about something all you want, but doing it is something different. I agree with you that he very likely acted on impulse and had no plan afterwards - however you say that doesn't match your impression of what he was like - do you know him? Again, I think it's much more likely someone like him, dropped out of college, could be smart but have no idea how to navigate the complexities of a murder. Now if he had a long jail record with a track record of being savvy with LE and investigations, I would agree. But to me he seems just the type to not have thought things through all the way beyond the theoretical.

Of course, if he is the killer. Which seems highly likely.

On a separate note, I am just heartbroken at the outcome. Not surprised. My mind immediately went to neighbor and an opportunistic crime. Oh, she was such a bright little darling!

Last edited:
JMO

I don’t think life in prison scares anyone willing to kill. Their immediate need to commit their chosen offense takes priority, is my opinion. Like an addict needing another fix.
moo

I quickly tried searching but I am working and juggling a lot. Can't spend too much time. Does anyone have an idea of what time the autopsy results will be released tomorrow?

I don’t think life in prison scares anyone willing to kill. Their immediate need to commit their chosen offense takes priority, is my opinion. Like an addict needing another fix.
moo
Have you listened to the recent Websleuth's Youtube? Tricia and Sheryl McCollum have a great discussion on this topic. Highly recommend. :) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27