Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering what his definition of "not long at all" is. She was missing for 3 days, correct? 3 days can go either way (long or not long) in this case, depending on the person. To me, it's quite long.
The "wooded area" is a very small area. Especially without the foliage you can see clear across it. I doubt there is any way a body could have been there for days.

The "wooded area" is a very small area. Especially without the foliage you can see clear across it. I doubt there is any way a body could have been there for days.
The implications of that, plus it being previously searched, are.... they make me shake with fear and rage. Reminding myself that what is done in the dark will always come to light.

kudos to those who have kept her media thread updated - I haven't been able to. I dread the presser tomorrow but I am wondering if this LE chief and coroner are going to keep certain details private - that's going to be my guess. something along the lines of how other cases have been handled
IMO

Did they say it was recently moved or that it had not been there long? A body being placed there recently could mean a day or two so I'm wondering if they actually clarified that it had been moved. Jmo
The wooded area was previously searched and the body was found in a later search. "Swetlik’s body was found in a wooded area that was previously searched by law enforcement near the NAPA Auto Parts store, Antley said." Cayce DPS releases 911 audio related to 6-year-old Faye Swetlik's death - ABC Columbia Cayce DPS releases 911 audio related to 6-year-old Faye Swetlik's death

So, per her obit, she died on Feb 10th, they day she went missing.

In the Delphi case, I remember them saying that the family can choose the date they died, the date they were found, etc. for headstones/obits. It's not really official, and that's why the girls' headstones list two different dates. You get to write your own obituary and it doesn't have to be accurate.

kudos to those who have kept her media thread updated - I haven't been able to. I dread the presser tomorrow but I am wondering if this LE chief and coroner are going to keep certain details private - that's going to be my guess. something along the lines of how other cases have been handled
IMO
I was just thinking about Director Snellgrove and that tomorrow will be the first time we've seen him since he found Faye's body. What a terrible, awful, gut-wrenching week for this family and community. :( MOO

I only wish someone had seen something and then had done something to avert this - if that makes sense. Hindsight is 20/20 and a lot of us probably wish something along those lines in these cases. JMOO
An apartment community is tricky, imo. Even if a resident has a perv’ for a neighbor, they likely don’t know. Plus the “did you notice any strange vehicles” question is a moot point since people are moving in & out constantly. Imo a homeowner in an established neighborhood gets familiar with vehicles visiting & seem to be more prone to know their neighbor/s.
Moo if Faye ventured to the back of her duplex, the chance she could go missing unnoticed was greater. Only because I think the time she evidently disappeared to be a busy time, people coming and going in cars, & in/out front door.

Cayce Department of Public Safety on Twitter
MEDIA UPDATE:
February 18, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Trinity Baptist Church, Cayce

@LexCoCoroner, Margaret Fisher, and @Cayce_DPS Director, Byron Snellgrove, slated to provide the update.

#JusticeforFaye #FayeSwetlik @wis10 @WLTX @abc_columbia @wachfox @thestate @postandcourier
ERAgc4BXUAAuE-v.jpg

4:30 PM - 17 Feb 2020

From what I recall, a recent article from that source was not allowed and we waited on news from a more reliable source. Please consult a mod to be sure. MOO

You are correct. SillyBilly made a post about that source in a previous thread. It was deemed an unreliable source, iirc. Since I don't have the link to that - JMO

So, per her obit, she died on Feb 10th, they day she went missing.
I just noticed
In the Delphi case, I remember them saying that the family can choose the date they died, the date they were found, etc. for headstones/obits. It's not really official, and that's why the girls' headstones list two different dates. You get to write your own obituary and it doesn't have to be accurate.

I noticed a little bit ago that her obituary at the funeral home no longer has her death date, only her birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288