Found Deceased AZ - Corey Bailey, 31, remote area near Castle Hot Springs, 29 Dec 2019

Thanks for the link. Honestly, I wouldn't have been worried about Corey for that long either. He's incredibly independent and self sufficient. He was also grieving at the time so even more alone time would just be natural for him. They probably only reported him missing when they did because he left his phone behind and they had no way to check up on him.

Thank you for all of your insight.
Do you know if it’s typical for him to not have his phone with him?

Just want to say I am surprised I hadn't heard of this case, and I live about 30 minutes from there.
I would love to have a banana for scale in some of these pictures. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're looking at a big tree or a small bush.

The trees here, mostly palo verde and mesquite trees, are about 20 ft tall and wide ,which make them appear like bushes from an aerial view. There are a ton of prickly pear, chollas and shrubs as well, so traversing the terrain is not easy, as everything has thorns. Not to mention that it is nearly impossible to actually see to far ahead while walking through, since the trees and bushes are so low to the ground. You can walk around a bush and all of a sudden, you see a pack of wild burros, javelina or cows in front of you. Not fun. I spent about 2 months in this area (from Lake Pleasant to Castle Hot Springs) last summer, searching for a lost dog. The roads leading to Castle Hot Springs are rough in many areas, and almost all of the searching I did was on foot because of this. Because it is still cold this time of year, I'm curious if any type of thermal or FLIR camera/video/drone was used during the search.

Just want to say I am surprised I hadn't heard of this case, and I live about 30 minutes from there.

The trees here, mostly palo verde and mesquite trees, are about 20 ft tall and wide ,which make them appear like bushes from an aerial view. There are a ton of prickly pear, chollas and shrubs as well, so traversing the terrain is not easy, as everything has thorns. Not to mention that it is nearly impossible to actually see to far ahead while walking through, since the trees and bushes are so low to the ground. You can walk around a bush and all of a sudden, you see a pack of wild burros, javelina or cows in front of you. Not fun. I spent about 2 months in this area (from Lake Pleasant to Castle Hot Springs) last summer, searching for a lost dog. The roads leading to Castle Hot Springs are rough in many areas, and almost all of the searching I did was on foot because of this. Because it is still cold this time of year, I'm curious if any type of thermal or FLIR camera/video/drone was used during the search.
Welcome to Websleuths, Picklepuck. Great to have you with us! :)

Thank you everyone for your continued efforts. My wife is pregnant with our second child and both of us have a bad cold right now and my 2yo is still healthy and hyper so I've been busy. I check in every now and then to read the updates and I'll get back with you if the drone guy releases more photos.

I found the attached search warrant record on the public access court site for Arizona. I don’t have access to the actual document though. Maybe someone can help interpret this.

Public Access Case Lookup
Great find! So, this was 9 days after he disappeared.

@Billi@m, do you know anything about the warrant? MOO

I found the attached search warrant record on the public access court site for Arizona. I don’t have access to the actual document though. Maybe someone can help interpret this.

Public Access Case Lookup
I don't know what they found, if anything, but the date is over a week after he went missing so they were probably searching his residence for any clues regarding a planned trip or his mental state at the time of his disappearance.

I don't know what they found, if anything, but the date is over a week after he went missing so they were probably searching his residence for any clues regarding a planned trip or his mental state at the time of his disappearance.

The warrant is interesting to me because I’ve followed other missing people in Arizona and no search warrant record exists for them. I’m trying to figure out the difference.

My eyes might be filling in the blanks here but am I seeing an animal? DJI_0088 almost dead center - a little to the left.

I thought I saw something a little to the right and above center in that same photo but I decided it was probably an illusion of rock and shadow. I don't see anything left of center but I'm not on the good screen right now. I'll look again later.

I thought I saw something a little to the right and above center in that same photo but I decided it was probably an illusion of rock and shadow. I don't see anything left of center but I'm not on the good screen right now. I'll look again later.

I see something on the better screen, but I'm still not sure what it is. It wouldn't be surprising to see an animal, I guess.

Just a heads up that I now have all the photos. I plan to create a second folder with another link as the first photos will be repeated and we have progress with currently numbered photos that I don't want to lose, just be aware of it. I'll work on the upload over the next hour or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-085529_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200219-085529_Gmail.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for sharing, Billi. I will look at them as well and see if we can get some additional eyes in here to help.

Do you know why image 65 is missing (seems to be, anyway)? MOO
I have to manually select each photo to upload to Google drive so I thought I just missed one. I went back to check and image 65 is missing from my folder as well. It appears as tho he missed out on his end.

Just a heads up that I now have all the photos. I plan to create a second folder with another link as the first photos will be repeated and we have progress with currently numbered photos that I don't want to lose, just be aware of it. I'll work on the upload over the next hour or so.
Because I have to manually select each image and due to Google drive restrictions on image sharing I will put images 1-200 in original folder, 201-400 in 2nd folder, and 401-602 in third folder. This will have a while and I have work today. Bear with me please.

‪Corey aerial search images‬‏ - Google Drive

‪Corey aerial search images (2nd folder)‬‏ - Google Drive

‪Corey aerial search images (3rd folder)‬‏ - Google Drive

Ok, here are the folder links. I asked for image 65 and also noticed that 594, 595, 596, and 597 are missing and asked for those as well. I'll upload then in their appropriate folder if/when I receive them.

On a side note, the last 30 images put me over the free 15GB thru drive so I had to upgrade for this. Totally worth it.

Thanks for all your help with these.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back