Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
gray's newest video on gannon. starts at 40:35.

he also does an in-depth frame by frame dissection of the video of the truck after pulling in the driveway starting @57:30, and it's VERY informative.

Thanks for sharing! His analysis of the truck video is very interesting and his sorting of the sifting map is very informative and puts it into a new perspective for me.

MOD NOTE:

WE MAY NOT DISCUSS WHAT IS ON THE MANY FACEBOOK GROUP PAGES THAT HAVE SPRUNG UP IN THE WAKE OF THIS TRAGIC CASE. YES, THE FACT THAT THERE ARE THESE FACEBOOK GROUPS HAS BEEN MENTIONED IN MSM, BUT WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING FROM THOSE FACEBOOK GROUPS. HOPE THAT CLARIFIES THIS ISSUE.

CocoChanel
It does! Thank you so much!

The info below comes from someone with 50+ yrs of experience in Tracking. I’m hoping LE is sifting for the gate key:
BBM
I too am wondering about the sifting. The only time I have been involved in an operation like this was for a case where they suspected a body had been in the ground for years and they were looking for any bones, jewelry, buttons, etc. Seems to me most items that could have been tossed would be a bit large for sifting. Only thing I can think of is the key to the back gate that Gannon had. Trying real hard to keep my focus off the "noise and speculation" and deal with facts and potential physical evidence.

This is a gruesome story. Potentially relevant. I hope not.

Thawing the snow and sifting the soil, detectives found 2,660 hairs, one fingernail, one toe nail, two teeth, one tooth cap and five droplets of blood. From this microscopic evidence, doctors were able to prove that Richard Crafts had disposed of his wife’s body with a wood chipper near the river. The most important evidence was that the tooth cap matched Helle’s dental records.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/green-beret-indicted-for-murder

This is a gruesome story. Potentially relevant. I hope not.

Thawing the snow and sifting the soil, detectives found 2,660 hairs, one fingernail, one toe nail, two teeth, one tooth cap and five droplets of blood. From this microscopic evidence, doctors were able to prove that Richard Crafts had disposed of his wife’s body with a wood chipper near the river. The most important evidence was that the tooth cap matched Helle’s dental records.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/green-beret-indicted-for-murder

Ugh...wood chipper... I sure hope it's nothing like that with Gannon. :( At this point, however, the large amount of time spent at the location in Douglas County followed up with the sifting of the snow along the highway does make my stomach hurt.

Last edited:
I too am wondering about the sifting. The only time I have been involved in an operation like this was for a case where they suspected a body had been in the ground for years and they were looking for any bones, jewelry, buttons, etc. Seems to me most items that could have been tossed would be a bit large for sifting. Only thing I can think of is the key to the back gate that Gannon had. Trying real hard to keep my focus off the "noise and speculation" and deal with facts and potential physical evidence.
A key would be much easier to find with a metal detector. Whatever they’re sifting for, it isn’t metal.

Does we really have to go there with these disturbing far- fetched possibilities, when no evidence for them exists? Common sense says sifting near a road is for evidence thrown out a vehicle window. IMO.
Thank you. I am having a hard enough time dealing just with him being deceased. I (and the family, God forbid they would see the gory posts) can do without those mental images.
I, too, believe they are looking for evidence. NOT Gannon with those sifters.

First time joining in. I’ve been following this case closely to the point of obsession. My heart aches for this boy and his family... I can’t imagine their pain.

One theory I haven’t seen discussed is the likelihood of a fire in that area. Couldn’t a fire have been hidden by the berm? Depending on the size of property, it’s possible a fire could be going without property owners even being aware. And if the fire didn’t consume all “evidence”, wouldn’t it be possible scavengers picked through after it cooled?

They’re definitely searching with purpose. It’s so hard to have all of these thoughts while wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam