Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my heart. Sweet Faye.

CT tried to get away with his crime, by moving her body and disposing of evidence in the immediate hours prior to trash pickup. I'm convinced he did not consider that LE would re-search the trash. When he saw them find the evidence and go back into the woods, he knew he was done for. Slitting his throat seems to be an impulsive form of suicide.

I think a plausible scenario for how he had her hidden was in a bag or duffel of some sort, to make it easier to carry and conceal her. He was unable to move her out of the neighborhood with it being locked down. Since he wasn't interviewed until Wednesday afternoon I suspect he knew that his home would be searched at some point and took time to hide her well at that location. Based on some things he had written in online in the past and the videos he "liked" on YT, I believe he had some higher intelligence and perhaps knew ways to conceal her scent from the dogs? This is all my opinion, who knows the real truth? We may never.
I do wonder if his DNA will match any other (unsolved) crimes.
MOO

Curious how many suicides are done by cutting their throat? I feel like it's not a ton compared to other ways. Seems slow and painful. Not to say he didn't commit suicide, maybe a knife is all that he had at the time
There have been quite a few studies on suicidal cut throat injuries so I would say it happens more then people think.

CT's method of suicide is quite interesting.
Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. Taking one's life in such a violent matter can be correlated to a strong self hatred for oneself. He could have easily just took a bunch of pills and then hung himself.
He didn’t have that kind of time. It was now or never.

Curious how many suicides are done by cutting their throat? I feel like it's not a ton compared to other ways. Seems slow and painful. Not to say he didn't commit suicide, maybe a knife is all that he had at the time
If carotid artery is cut it is quick. If larynx is cut a little slower. But in both you loose consciousness rapidly.

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.
Huh? If investigators say they are sure he is the only one involved, then they are sure. There is DNA evidence that links him to the crime. Jmo

I cannot express enough how impressed I am with LE in this case. Even the last PC was done with respect and care. I love that they never said that monster’s name during Faye’s PC. These men and women have been the epitome of dedication and professionalism.

Kudos to the Coroner withholding further details of Faye's report. The family has suffered enough. The vultures wanting more salacious fare at the expense of suffering family members can go take a flying leap elsewhere. Not here. Not this time. Not Faye!

The stories that hurt my heart the most are the ones that were so close to being stopped. <modsnip> Mom did everything I would have done. Her child should have been able to safely play in front of her own front door. Law enforcement did everything right. They did everything they possibly could to get a better result, and this is still the outcome. They were literally SO close.

Faye reminds me of my redheaded 8 year old daughter and my heart is just broken over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
A person in a panic would, and everything about this points to it being a lone perpetrator.

It follows all the usual patterns. Abduction by a lone male, followed by murder within hours. Even her cause of death fits, as asphyxiation is (unfortunately) pretty standard.

Suicide by cutting ones throat or neck is rare, but he must not have owned a gun. Law enforcement was likely within minutes of nailing him, and that was the fastest way to off himself.

It makes perfect sense.
I do believe that your theory is exactly how it played out. Everything was as we have seen over and over. The method of CT's death is just as you said, no time for overdosing, no other weapon, knives are always available in a kitchen.

CT's death was way too easy and the coward's way out. IMO

The only good thing this person did IMO was to leave this world now and spare Faye’s family any further pain. Speaking from personal experience, watching them continue to live, even if they sit in prison for the crime, doesn’t bring any more peace or comfort. I, for one, am extremely glad he’s gone.

There have been quite a few studies on suicidal cut throat injuries so I would say it happens more then people think.

Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. They may occur either in isolation or as part of multiple injuries in a polytraumatized patient.

Source: Peer reviewed journal
Suicidal Cut Throat Injuries: Management Modalities
Adeyi A. Adoga Senior Lecturer/Consultant Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgeon Department of Ear, Nose, Throat/ Head and Neck Surgery University of Jos and Jos University Teaching Hospital

CT's method of suicide is quite interesting.
Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. Taking one's life in such a violent matter can be correlated to a strong self hatred for oneself. He could have easily just took a bunch of pills and then hung himself.
I believe he was seeing them finding her since he was found on his back patio. Not a lot of time to take a bunch of pills even if he had them, I personally think he reacted quickly.

MOO

Is anyone else having a hard time dealing with the fact that officers has interviewed him in that residence and somehow found nothing? I just wish there would have been something that tipped them off while they were face-to-face with him while he was still alive. I'm just having a hard time accepting he fooled these officers the way he did. I wish we knew what he said to them in that moment. The news channel I watched said they saw him out on the back patio of his house right after they found her.

And did they see the suspicious video footage of him after they discovered the bodies or was it seen beforehand?

There are still so many questions...

Rest in Peace Baby Girl.

By the time they interviewed him it was too late anyway. She was killed on Monday. They interviewed him on Wednesday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member