Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 18, 2020
Neighbor killed Faye Swetlik the day she went missing, killed himself days later, police say
[...]

Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher released Swetlik's cause of death but did not give many details beyond that she died of asphyxiation, saying she did that out of respect to the family. She said Swetlik was not killed in the woods where her body was found, and had only been there a short time before she was discovered.

After the news conference ended, her office sent a news released confirming Taylor killed himself "as a result of an incised wound to his neck."

[...]

... Thursday, officers found Swetlik's polka dot boot as well as as a ladle with dirt in it in a trash can near Taylor's home. That led them to the woods near the area, where Snellgrove found Faye's body.

As that discovery was being made, officers went to Taylor's home, where they found him bleeding on the back patio. He was declared dead.

[...]

I
Okay I have a question and I'm hoping someone here has experience to answer it either through their own work or another case...

The coroner said she wouldn't discuss some things because it's still an ongoing case. But Snellgrove said that they believe Coty was the sole abductor and perp.

Why would the case still be ongoing if the believe he was the only suspect and that he committed suicide? Am I missing something?
Possible he may have had other victims and so there is a continued investigation into CT and his residence.

Very curious where he could have kept her for a few days with no one noticing

As sickening as it sounds. Easily can fold up a child that small into a suitcase and put her on a shelf in your closet. Under the cushions of a couch. Inside a fold up couch bed. Someone suggested on this thread that he may have kept her in his trunk which is a good point.
Disturbing

What other proof is there besides the Clue in the trash can that could have been easily planted and a suicide that could just as easily be another murder?

CT assaulted and strangled Faye. There is DNA corroborating this. He then hid her body for 2 days. He dumped it behind his house and slit his own throat on his patio while potentially watching the police find her.

There is nothing here to point to a conspiracy where someone else assaulted and killed Faye, was able to leave another person's (CT's) DNA, then hid her for 2 days and also murdered the owner of the DNA. If you think this sounds more plausible than the former, well...

Perhaps he thought suicide by cutting his throat was to atone for what he did? He had no time iMO to do anything else.
I don't think I will spend any more time on this killer.

I'm so impressed with LE - they really should share their procedures and the FBI as well.
JMO

CT's method of suicide is quite interesting.
Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. Taking one's life in such a violent matter can be correlated to a strong self hatred for oneself. He could have easily just took a bunch of pills and then hung himself.
I don't think he had the time. I think he knew they were paying him a visit in a matter of minutes.

Erin Laviola on Twitter
Police say they believe Coty Taylor kidnapped #FayeSwetlik and killed her within hours. His manner of death was determined to be suicide
ERFiOQkVAAA2yEt.png

3:56 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Last edited:
Also a soup ladle to dig with?? That would take forever. This whole case is weird (again, I'm not saying I don't believe what has been shared, it's just very odd)

I think that's why there's still an ongoing investigation. It seems odd that he was getting away with it, set it up for evidence to be found then watched what happened once that evidence was found and immediately offed himself. I can't think of a similar case where a criminal is getting away with it and then acts like this, which him slitting his own throat immediately on the scene seems to rule out him being set up.

Found in the trash was her boot.....and a soup ladle with dirt on it. (Used it to try and dig???)

That monster was truly a moron. I dont care what he accomplished 12 YEARS ago in high school, he used a kitchen utensil in a failed attempt to cover up his crime. :rolleyes::mad:
I'm leaning more towards Faye being out digging with the soup ladle when she was playing.

IIRC, during the presser it was stated that DNA linked Faye to "the residence" and to the perp.

When they stated they did not know where she was kept until Thursday AM, does that mean they do not know where in his house he kept her or they do not know if she was kept in his house at all?

As sickening as it sounds. Easily can fold up a child that small into a suitcase and put her on a shelf in your closet. Under the cushions of a couch. Inside a fold up couch bed. Someone suggested on this thread that he may have kept her in his trunk which is a good point.
Disturbing

Yes, and that may be the case. They said in the PC that police did search his house so I'm assuming they didn't miss anything, but they could have. I would hope they would have brought K9's in to go through peoples homes that allowed them to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingfish8877