Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he thought suicide by cutting his throat was to atone for what he did? He had no time iMO to do anything else.
I don't think I will spend any more time on this killer.

I'm so impressed with LE - they really should share their procedures and the FBI as well.
JMO
It was so touching to see the ME wiping her tears and I presume the the 2nd gentleman in the suit was FBI constantly scanning the audience. God bless them.

I am so mad, I gotta take a break. Sorry Faye' folks. Sorry Faye, Rest in Peace. Just imagine what her family is going through, not fair man.

Apparently his Instagram : umbrastone,
Reddit -IMAINsingedwastaken.
If this is not allowed, I am sorry, I need to sign off anyways.

And he follows all girls and many of them are accounts that link to raunchy videos for sale. He was definitely a deviant. I’m sure they found a trove of stuff on his computer.

He had probably seen her many times. I recall unconfirmed acquaintance reports of him standing on the porch watching children play. The "opportunity" part of this crime was probably more that it was the week his room mate was away.
I agree. I think he was aware of his surroundings. The fact he pulled everything off in a busy community in broad daylight is telling. Moo

Bringing vaporlass' post forward.

This is a composite sketch for the suspect in a 2012 attempted abduction in Lexington County. (Same county as Cayce.) I must say when I saw this several days ago, it gave me chills. 8 years ago.

2e5a410ea7d17b126c986011d75d1983.jpg

Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect

I keep wondering if maybe he's done this before and got away with it. We know it's possible because it happened in Delphi, IN.

Okay I have a question and I'm hoping someone here has experience to answer it either through their own work or another case...

The coroner said she wouldn't discuss some things because it's still an ongoing case. But Snellgrove said that they believe Coty was the sole abductor and perp.

Why would the case still be ongoing if the believe he was the only suspect and that he committed suicide? Am I missing something?
It will be the finer pieces of the puzzle being put together and the evidence all being linked and ascertaining and awaiting results as to what if any , assault of a sexual nature took place x

Yup, that’s exactly how I think it went down.

His last minutes would have been filled with panic and pain.

Karma. Good.

CT snuffed the life out of this baby girl -- likely strangled or smothered her, and should have jabbed his neck all the while watching his pitiful life pass before his eyes. He was a predator hidden among families.

MOO

I honestly think she was deceased by the time the searches happened. If he followed the pattern of what usually happened, little Faye was killed before her mom even called the police to report her missing. A cadaver K9 might have found her sooner, but not soon enough to save her. My opinion.

:(
Yes. I was talking about cadaver K9s. She wouldn't be out in the woods and CT would be alive to answer for this heinous crime. Having him we as a society could possibly learn more from this sick person that might help prevent more deaths in the future.

Last edited:
Curious how many suicides are done by cutting their throat? I feel like it's not a ton compared to other ways. Seems slow and painful. Not to say he didn't commit suicide, maybe a knife is all that he had at the time
I have been to many and never experienced this as a way to commit suicide however if the police were closing in fast and he had no loaded gun or other way to quickly do the deed then he would have just reached for the next best option because even tablets and other medications would have taken a while and resuscitation then more likely

Although suicide by slashing the neck is uncommon, this act does play a role in the recent movie "Knives Out" which CT may well have been seen.

I haven't seen that but am familiar with the movie so that would actually make sense.

Also the fact of him doing this all Wed night/Thur morning and not being well planned would make sense considering the neighborhood lock down (can't get her out) and the roommate coming home. (Definitely would get caught.)

What other proof is there besides the Clue in the trash can that could have been easily planted and a suicide that could just as easily be another murder?
According to the press release the chief said that there is DNA directly linking Taylor to sweet little Faye and don’t lose sight of the fact that LE May have a lot more detail and evidence that we are not privy to

I think that's why there's still an ongoing investigation. It seems odd that he was getting away with it, set it up for evidence to be found then watched what happened once that evidence was found and immediately offed himself. I can't think of a similar case where a criminal is getting away with it and then acts like this, which him slitting his own throat immediately on the scene seems to rule out him being set up.
He was getting away with it, but he was starting to panic. He had a decomposing body hidden in his apartment. His room mate was coming home. He couldn't get the body in the car without being seen, so he did the only thing he could think of - put the body where it had already been searched and hope for the best - under cover of darkness early Thursday morning. He must have dropped the boot and only G__ knows why he didn't leave the ladle in the woods, but by now, he knew he was really scared. I hope he was terrified. So he threw those things in his garbage can, knowing it would be picked up very soon. I don't think he could see his garbage can from his apartment, but he was probably watching the coverage on TV and saw the cops opening up every bag on the back of the truck. He knew he was about to get arrested and cut his throat on the spur of the moment. It was fear and panic.

I honestly think she was deceased by the time the searches happened. If he followed the pattern of what usually happened, little Faye was killed before her mom even called the police to report her missing. A cadaver K9 might have found her sooner, but not soon enough to save her. My opinion.

:(
I do too. By time LE arrived at the complex, it was after 5. They then had to organize, get photos, details, etc.

I have been to many and never experienced this as a way to commit suicide however if the police were closing in fast and he had no loaded gun or other way to quickly do the deed then he would have just reached for the next best option because even tablets and other medications would have taken a while and resuscitation then more likely
. He might have googled suicide methods.

The only other info I'm interested in is what the video of him showed.

I believe it's going to be very subtle. Possibly coming home late (typical of his work) and maybe sitting in his car for a few minutes, hesitating to enter his apartment -- or even coming home often for a few minutes and leaving again. Behavior that after-the-fact would indicate CT had Faye concealed, checking on his place, and still formulating how to remove her body from his home.

I really don't think CT anticipated that a huge presence of law enforcement would take up residence in his neighborhood and set up entry/exit checkpoints until she was found.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member