Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be why this investigation is still open.

Quite possibly. I can only imagine what will be found on CT's cell phone and computer. We can get a sense perhaps of how often he went on the prowl or if this was his first
Grey sedan! Close enough to silver to me. This definitely needs to be further investigated in association with CT.
The suspect must have some major self confidence to attempt to abduct 3 children by himself.

The article states that witnesses said "Boxes and other items filled the rear passenger seat of the sedan." I wonder what was the time period when CT moved from Temple, Georgia to South Carolina. Or when he moved from Bluffton SC to Columbia SC. Curious to see if there were any other possible abductions in areas near his previous residencies

I am aware the article is from 2012 and his current car would not match based on the year of the model. However, people do tend to stick with the same brand vehicle, so perhaps he liked Sedan's.

Darci Strickland on Twitter
Mayor @elisepartin offers a tearful opening message as hundreds gather at @CityofCayce Town Hall to remember the life of 6 year old #FayeSwetlik.
5:43 PM - 18 Feb 2020

USC Carolina N&R on Twitter
Mayor Elise Partin with a touching tribute to Faye Swetlik.
ERF7AzvXUAA268v.jpg

5:44 PM - 18 Feb 2020 from Cayce City Hall

Will Rioux on Twitter
Mayor of Cayce, Elise Partin, pays tribute to six-year-old Faye Swetlik at a candlelight vigil this evening.
ERF7jfVWkAARG-8.jpg

5:46 PM - 18 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

Very good post with many questions that still need answers. Maybe these answers will come shortly after LE and the coroner releases more information about CT. The autopsy should reveal drugs in CT's body, especially antidepressants. Why would CT use a ladle when a frying pan or cooking pot can dig more soil? CT could have easily committed suicide by cop by approaching police with the knife. CT probably did not own a firearm. Plenty of places to hide a small child's body in an apartment or townhouse since CT was not named as a POI or suspect early on. CT's apartment needs to be thoroughly searched and his possessions (computer, cell phone, etc.) scrutinized. His freezer should also be searched for freezer-pops. This case needs to be thoroughly scrutinized just in case there is a third person involved. JMHO

I think him being thoroughly scrutinized should also be done to see if it can solve past unsolved cases.

And they said she was placed in the woods Thursday under cover of darkness. I wonder where her body was since he consented to a search of his home? Awful.
^^bbm

When LE was canvassing more than 280 homes in the neighborhood, residents consenting to a search were most likely allowing the canvasser to enter their home while investigators asked them questions provided them by FBI to elicit valuable information, and basically do a walkthrough -- not a thorough search of concealed areas of the home.

If investigators had any suspicion after the introductory meet, they would follow-up with additional interviews and verify your story while gathering information and evidence to present probable cause to a judge for a search warrant of the residence. MOO

To me
And they said she was placed in the woods Thursday under cover of darkness. I wonder where her body was since he consented to a search of his home? Awful.
it sounded as tho they didn't believe sweet Faye was at his apt the whole time. I think that's why they are still asking if ANYONE remembers seeing him or ANYTHING since Monday, any tip. Because they said they JUST don't know where she was.

When police searched his house approximately 48 hours after her death, would there be an odor yet?

I’m truly hoping the DNA evidence linking Faye to the residence is maybe hair or the release of bowel control or other fluids after death and not SA. They said asphyxiation not strangulation, but maybe his DNA was on her neck? I remember from the Watts case that smothering with fabric can sometimes leave fibers in the lungs. I can hope but I know how unlikely that is.

Do we know if the body was concealed in some way? In a duffle bag or wrapped in a sheet? Even if he moved her in the middle of the night, there were people constantly on the lookout and he couldn’t just carry her openly, could he?
As I understand it, a body produces cadaverine within moments after death, which is what cadaver dogs are smelling for. I think there could have been an odor if he didn't do something like put her in the fridge or freezer. If he and his room mate were like many bachelors, there would have been plenty of room for a small body. Even in the fridge, a body would continue to decompose pretty quickly. He could have bought more time putting the body in the freezer. JMO.

I can't get over the striking change in his appearance from the high school photo circulating to the thin, gaunt guy in the facebook photo. What happened?
Look at the before & after of Magen Fieramusca!
Some people experience dramatic changes in appearance, perhaps related to their mental state? Idk, just guessing.
Thinking if I was contemplating an abduction/murder....I assume I wouldn’t sleep well and would have a change on eating habits, either fasting or gorging.

By the time they interviewed him it was too late anyway. She was killed on Monday. They interviewed him on Wednesday afternoon.
I’m sure the officers who interviewed him and searched are devastated. They are probably going over and over it every waking hour. I pray for all involved, I think they did an amazing job, just not the result everyone wanted.

I don't think that's considered MSM. It's only found 2 times in a search and both appear to be fly by night reporting.
It would be nice if we could find a reputable source.
Can we see if we can find one?
It does look to me like the sketch is similar to what I think he may have looked like maybe 8 years ago, but, who knows.
I'm sure LE has looked into this for authenticy .My Opinion.

Sorry if that is not an approved MSM source. Sadly, too late for me to edit now. However - ask and ye shall receive :

Kidnapping suspect sketch released

a9ff1b39-80ee-4f76-b585-5e8de7385a21-suspect20pic.JPG

To me

it sounded as tho they didn't believe sweet Faye was at his apt the whole time. I think that's why they are still asking if ANYONE remembers seeing him or ANYTHING since Monday, any tip. Because they said they JUST don't know where she was.
I thought perhaps he put her in his car trunk & maybe parked off site, close enough to walk in/out of the complex area. Possibly he abducted her straight to his car & sped off the property, to a remote area. After killing her walked home. LE talked with him Wednesday, did they mention speaking with him on Tuesday? Idk if he was home or not.
If he parked off property maybe he brought his car home Wednesday after his encounter with LE. Moo

I can't get over the striking change in his appearance from the high school photo circulating to the thin, gaunt guy in the facebook photo. What happened?
Failure to launch followed by self destruction, imo.

I know that's oversimplifying it (I know!), but we've seen this before where a promising young person (usually male) just doesn't fulfill potential, at least not on a timeline expected, and then goes on to destroy himself. I think of it as a prolonged suicide.

That is NOT an excuse. He is 100% responsible for his actions. Plenty of people fail and fail again....and don't go to destroy others in an attempt to destroy themselves.

jmo

Man, one thing I really notice on this site is people having way too much faith in hounds. We obviously get mostly cases that aren't solved immediately of course but in nearly half of them, hounds have had the opportunity to hunt and they've failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77