Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Last edited by a moderator:
MODS PLEASE BRING THIS POST OVER TO ALL NEW THREADS UNLESS THERE IS AN ARREST.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE POST HERE IS THE SHORT VERSION. WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Dear Everyone,

Rarely are things black and white when it comes to the Websleuths rules.

One of our rules is we cannot accuse just anyone of a crime. Good rule. Another rule we do our best to follow is unless law enforcement says someone is a suspect or even a person of interest we cannot accuse anyone connected to a case of a crime.

Then we have our great big gray areas. Like Gannon's case.

It is rare these days for law enforcement to actually say someone is a suspect but we have to use our common sense.

Take the case of the missing children of Lori Vallow. Her behavior and the fact that people around her are dropping dead leaves us with the very logical conclusion that she has done something with her children and therefore we do allow our members to discuss this case with Lori and her husband Chad as possible perps involved in her missing children.

Mark Sievers was just convicted of 1st-degree murder in the death of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers even though he was hundreds of miles away when she was murdered. Early on we allowed our members to discuss Mark Sievers as a suspect because of what our members discovered and it was only common sense that he was a suspect.

Then there is the case of Heidi Broussard. Her boyfriend was 100 percent innocent in her disappearance and her murder but many members decided to accuse him of being involved because he was awkward in front of the camera. I hope that those who felt it was OK to accuse a man when there was no evidence to suggest he had anything to do with the crime will re-think before they ever do something like that again. Remember, unless the Internet blows up, Heidi and Shane's children could (one day) read your words about their father.

Your words have power. You are responsible for your opinions. We cannot babysit this thread 24/7.

Always imagine you are standing in front of the person you are posting about. Imagine that person knows your real name and where you live. Imagine that person has the power to go on a forum and say something about you. Now, this scenario is strictly a fantasy but it is a great guideline to use when you post.

Below is the short version of this post.

WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Thank you,
Tricia

Actually, she did give permission to discuss SM.
We just are NOT allowed to trash her or call her names so saying if she was married, not married, etc is Allowed.
This is correct.

In this case, even though the police agencies have not named anyone as a suspect it is obvious there are problems with Step-Mom's story. We can certainly discuss the changing story and other areas but again, you cannot call her a murderer or outright accuse her of a crime and finally no name-calling. Thank you.

MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

Last edited:
Regarding the alleged handcuffing and whole gun drawn thing...in today's atmosphere where everything and anything is captured on cell phones. Just look at the recent airline video of the guy pushing the back of the ladies seat. If what she alleges is true there would surely and undoubtedly be video of it since it occurred during broad daylight at a public place.
Agree with this. I haven't seen anything on any local boards or anything. I would think one of them would have somebody who noticed some of this alleged scene. That store and the stores around it are moderately busy, right next to a Sam's Club and other stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, Kirklands, etc. Woodmen is a major road here in the Springs, and Academy is huge and runs most of the length of the Springs. The store is at the intersection of those two streets.
I'm thinking someone has a great imagination. IMO

Questions I have:

Where was TS from 2:15 until late evening?

Did she pick AS up from the airport that evening? In what car?

Did TS leave the house again between those events?

Who was home when the little sister got home from school?

I don't need more reasons to disbelieve TS, but Moms, besides dinner, what are two of the busiest times in a mom's day? Getting everybody out the door for school and getting them situated back home, after school. Snacks, homework, check in. Who chooses a workout during THAT span of time? Some might, most don't. And the time he allegedly went missing? That would be an EASY point to isolate. Buses are on time. One child arriving... if he left on foot and of his own accord (which I don't believe for one second), she'd know if it was before, right after or some time after the sister's arrival.

No matter, I'm curious whether she remained home from 2:15 onward.... we've assumed she did....

I wonder if the neighbor's camera captured her leaving again....

JMO

Yes, whatever else took place it was enough to put her out of the house....IMO
That would support my theory (which no one here seems to agree with me on) that RD really did find that evidence on the video that he took to show that Gannon did not return...and that he found that on Monday night or Tuesday a.m. Remember we were led to believe that a week later RD looked at the videos all over again, this last time on a big screen TV, and it was only THEN that he noticed who got in or out. I never did believe that, I posted here a few times, it's obvious to me that he saw the red truck passing right in front of his house twice and would not have missed who got in and out the first time he looked at his video right when he went missing. Although I do think he missed the shadow and jumped to conclusions that she returned alone, unless he is privy to what other neighbors saw. ANYWAY I still don't think LS ever referred to the video or AS kicking her out for that reason, or for any other specific reason.

If we could just know what little Sis said about his being or not being home Monday afternoon when she got there. Hard to think they didn't ask her that.

Just think, what it if was "not disputed" by LE that Gannon was not there when she got home from school. That would completely support the case that stepmom did something with him on the shopping trip, and that the shadow was not him. Assuming that Sis got home before 3:15.

Could she have returned home and not peeked into Gannon's room to say hi? Or not have seen him in the kitchen eating cookies or playing in the back yard with new purchases? Maybe, but kids are always checking up on each other.

To me it's very telling that this specific bit of information has not been leaked, as it would be, IMO, 99% proof that StepM left him somewhere. Or that he had run away in that brief time period between when they returned from shopping and when sis got home, which was not in the reported timeline of 3:15 to 4 pm IIRC.

Great points! I would like to add, I wonder if due to what the little sister may or may not be saying/said; is the very reason for so many of LS's talking points. Perhaps she is unsure of what little sister may be saying or has said, so she must "cover" certain possible unknown conversations.... imo, just thinking...

Yet children can appear happy in pictures and still be suffering from physical or mental abuse.

It's not from Gannon himself, but from the stepmother's own words that indicate her lack of concern for him. If she can be so emotionless about her missing stepson when she doesn't know if he is suffering then how did she treat him when he was around?

Jmo

Yes, like the adopted kids who comprised "The Hart Tribe".

They had myriad videos on social media with the kids looking happy and sounding happy. In reality, the kids lived a nightmare.

If we could just know what little Sis said about his being or not being home Monday afternoon when she got there. Hard to think they didn't ask her that.

Just think, what it if was "not disputed" by LE that Gannon was not there when she got home from school. That would completely support the case that stepmom did something with him on the shopping trip, and that the shadow was not him. Assuming that Sis got home before 3:15.

Could she have returned home and not peeked into Gannon's room to say hi? Or not have seen him in the kitchen eating cookies or playing in the back yard with new purchases? Maybe, but kids are always checking up on each other.

To me it's very telling that this specific bit of information has not been leaked, as it would be, IMO, 99% proof that StepM left him somewhere. Or that he had run away in that brief time period between when they returned from shopping and when sis got home, which was not in the reported timeline of 3:15 to 4 pm IIRC.

Based upon my knowledge of littles and bigs, I think it's more than possible that the first thing Laina wanted to know when she came home from school, was where Gannon was so she could ask him something/tell him something about the day. Including her in the family video plea certainly implied that Laina adores her "Bubba". Now, whether or not it's possible that Laina generally looked for TS before she looked for "Bubba", and instead filled him in on the "whenever I see you" principle; I can't promise, simply because we don't know much about Laina's relationship with TS.

I will be glad to hear the facts of this case. And praying they find Gannon.
Only fact I am aware of is that SM lies. Even when she tells truths, she weaves lies in too. As fact, I don’t know when has has told the truth. Anyone?

I will believe what LE tells us. So far, nothing.

BBM:

Here's one:

She said she was the last person to see GS.

Now, that much I believe.

I'll bet she "passed" that question on her poly with flying colors.

JMO.

Last edited:
Just stepped out on my deck and no visible activity from the command post area. There are a few vehicles, but certainly not on par with activity level during the search days. There could be activity in other locations, however. Weather is 16 degrees F, high of 22 degrees F expected, maybe snow, cloudy and certainly cold.
Thank you.

This is from our news channel showing the incredible amount of snow we have been getting. Average total around this time is about 16". We have gotten 40 inches. And it is starting up again later today....praying they find what they need quickly before it just keeps piling up. March is usually our "snowy" month.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 28
So in regards to the polygraph - the only thing that really interests me is if she actually took one. The results are wouldn't sway my mind either way, but if she's lying about actually taking one - that's something I'd be interested in.
Wait... so, if she’s lying about taking the polygraph, and she said she passed, does that mean she’s lying about the results, when she never really took the polygraph; she just said she did something that she really didn’t even do, so like; she was right she passed because she didn’t fail. And, what if she really meant to say, “they asked me to take a polygraph, but I passed.” Like, no thank you, no polygraph for me... I pass. - I know it’s a terrible time for joking... ugh. Wtf. Where is he?! I’m so sad for this boy, his family, and friends.

Agree with this. I haven't seen anything on any local boards or anything. I would think one of them would have somebody who noticed some of this alleged scene. That store and the stores around it are moderately busy, right next to a Sam's Club and other stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, Kirklands, etc. Woodmen is a major road here in the Springs, and Academy is huge and runs most of the length of the Springs. The store is at the intersection of those two streets.
I'm thinking someone has a great imagination. IMO

To be fair to LE, TS then had a batch of non-completed sentences in her Spencer (?) interview, which implied that she'd only gotten upset because she first caught sight of a revolver at LE's waist (when he pushed back a suitcoat?), before she "KNEW" he was LE. :rolleyes:

That would support my theory (which no one here seems to agree with me on) that RD really did find that evidence on the video that he took to show that Gannon did not return...and that he found that on Monday night or Tuesday a.m. Remember we were led to believe that a week later RD looked at the videos all over again, this last time on a big screen TV, and it was only THEN that he noticed who got in or out. I never did believe that, I posted here a few times, it's obvious to me that he saw the red truck passing right in front of his house twice and would not have missed who got in and out the first time he looked at his video right when he went missing. Although I do think he missed the shadow and jumped to conclusions that she returned alone, unless he is privy to what other neighbors saw. ANYWAY I still don't think LS ever referred to the video or AS kicking her out for that reason, or for any other specific reason.

Isn't there a question about the time frame of the original investigation, though? I thought I remembered conversation about how early reports of Gannon's absence would have had RD looking at the wrong surveillance video time/date frame; and that only an inability to relax with nagging feelings about this video plaguing him, sent him back to look at another, different chunk of time than the chunk which was originally reported. (Anyone else remember this? Bueller?)

Then why do you think LE spent 6 days and countless person hours and dollars searching in very specific places north of Colorado Springs?

By now, LE has plenty of digital and possibly camera data of LS's whereabouts that day.

[Snipped by me.]
IMO, once Gannon was no longer being watched by a responsible adult, any number of horrible things could have happened to him. It seems certain that evidence was left by whoever harmed him; I'm not certain (yet) that person was TS, IMO.

AS reacted strongly and according to LS, immediately asked to her to leave the house, without giving her a chance even to back underwear. That's why she and her daughter were at Marshall's.

He reacted to the fact that she left that day, and that she took Gannon out of the house when sick. I have a strong feeling AS has other things to support his current view of his wife.

I think we ALL had a strong reaction to that video initially. Accompanied by the narrative that "they both left, only she returned", that's all we saw, and likely all AS saw, so of course he was shocked & devastated. But as heartbreaking as his reaction was, it's not proof that the neighbor's interpretation of the video was 100% accurate. MOO.

If LS was exercising and didn't know when he left to go to friends nor who the friend was or who picked GS up then how did she give a description to LE. Maybe the description is similar to the one given in the movie "water boy" when Adam Sandler said his football bruises were from an escaped gorilla so his mother (Kathey Bates) posted signs with a poorly drawn gorilla asking for help to find. One could only imagine what LS's description could be. Sorry to be so sarcastic but I'm sure LE knows all of these inconsistencies just don't wash.

To be fair to LE, TS then had a batch of non-completed sentences in her Spencer (?) interview, which implied that she'd only gotten upset because she first caught sight of a revolver at LE's waist (when he pushed back a suitcoat?), before she "KNEW" he was LE. :rolleyes:

Isn't there a question about the time frame of the original investigation, though? I thought I remembered conversation about how early reports of Gannon's absence would have had RD looking at the wrong surveillance video time/date frame; and that only an inability to relax with nagging feelings about this video plaguing him, sent him back to look at another, different chunk of time than the chunk which was originally reported. (Anyone else remember this? Bueller?)
Yes I remember the same thing. However I don't believe it, now. Because 1) he would have seen the red truck go right in front of his house twice, the largest image of the red truck he would have had in the whole video. 2) If Gannon was said to be missing at 3:15, earliest, why would I believe that the neighbor would not look just an hour earlier, 2:15, which would at least have caught the red truck returning. (Note: the first videos we discussed were at night, showed comings and goings of cars at night, that is why I believed the story about searching a different time frame.) (Actually there could be pertinent night videos, we don't even know that. Just that the one that supposedly proves she came back alone was a daytime video)
At the time I believed the story about his looking all over again on a big TV and suddenly discovering the red truck coming and going. I remember all the posts, from me included, that discussed how much more he would see in high res on the TV. I just don't believe it anymore, partly because he gave interviews to the press and related what LE and AS had supposedly said.
Who released those PARTS of the video anyway? If only RD and LE had it, and AS also saw it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member