Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching this (first time my hotel TV had horrible contrast settings) and I didn't even get through the opening credits before noticing something. There's video of two men at the storage locker, it looks like Chad on the left and Alex on the right. Chad is wearing a suit. Did he just come from Tammy's funeral or memorial service? What do you think @RexburgSleuth

View attachment 233139

Answering myself to say nevermind, the two figures are Nate and Keith. Too late to delete. Gosh this case has a hold on me.

From the timeline:

End of 2014/Beginning of 2015 -Lori and Charles Vallow move to Hawaii with JJ and Tylee to start a juice bar called "Juice Island". This business was reportedly a failure and they would eventually move back to AZ (Note: Date based on business filing dates and social media posts; story about the juice bar was from insider posts on WS and confirmed by business filings).

ETA: The timeline includes more specific info on actual incorporation/filings, I didn't want to paste it all in here.
yes...that was the 3rd!! thanks.

Re KVW and November welfare check requested.

We know that LE initially visited on the 19th based on the neighbour report so it definitely didn't take them 2 weeks to do the welfare check. LE could even have tried before that date and not found them in. Finally they caught them in on the 26th which was 2 weeks after Kay found out their address. Can't really fault anyone except Lori for hiding the kids and even her own whereabouts from Kay.

Last edited:
Rewatching this (first time my hotel TV had horrible contrast settings) and I didn't even get through the opening credits before noticing something. There's video of two men at the storage locker, it looks like Chad on the left and Alex on the right. Chad is wearing a suit. Did he just come from Tammy's funeral or memorial service? What do you think @RexburgSleuth

View attachment 233139
I saw that too at first, then when they talk about the storage unit in a later segment, it looks to me that it's Nate and Keith when they visited the unit.

From the timeline:

End of 2014/Beginning of 2015 -Lori and Charles Vallow move to Hawaii with JJ and Tylee to start a juice bar called "Juice Island". This business was reportedly a failure and they would eventually move back to AZ (Note: Date based on business filing dates and social media posts; story about the juice bar was from insider posts on WS and confirmed by business filings).

ETA: The timeline includes more specific info on actual incorporation/filings, I didn't want to paste it all in here.
yes...that was the 3rd!! thanks.
My guess is that they came to Maui because of the Dateline special which aired Friday night, and they were trying to escape from the increased furor/scrutiny on Kauai that the special generated. But when they got to Maui, that woman photographed her at the rental agency, and probably people have made snide comments, possibly an establishment or two has refused service, and they realized that Maui felt just as unfriendly as Kauai. So they returned back to where they (meaning Lori) felt most comfortable.

It's interesting, there are only two places on Hawaii where the Japanese Coronavirus couple stayed: one on Oahu and one in Kaanapali, in a room at Kaanapali Beach Club from Jan 28 to Feb 3. I hope Lori & Chad stayed in that same hotel, and staff put them in the "stink room" and they caught the bug. lol
Really? about the coronavirus! That is an interesting tidbit...

Those details were in the Dateline audio podcast version I listened to yesterday (and our members here also reported those new things while watching the show live on Feb 14th), but I think they may have taken that info out of the video version released online. I'm only about halfway through watching the Dateline video but I started having technical difficulties with the video and will have to watch the rest later tonight. So it could still be revealed later in the episode than I remembered from the podcast... but we heard that Dateline had to edit the video before releasing it. I wonder if LE didn't want those details of how Kay tracked down Lori or that it took 2 weeks for RPD to do the welfare check to get out? My speculation only. If anyone has watched the entire released episode online and can confirm that info is still in there, that would be good to know.

MOO

No problem hopefully. We know that LE initially visited on the 19th based on the neighbour report so it definitely didn't take them 2 weeks to do the welfare check. LE could even have tried before that date and not found them in. Finally they caught them in on the 26th which was 2 weeks after Kay found out. Can't really fault anyone except Lori for hiding the kids and even her own whereabouts from Kay.

It's in there.

Thanks! I edited my comment to avoid confusion. I definitely heard it in the audio podcast but not the video yet, but I'm only half way through. Also, that video player on Dateline's page keeps skipping around for me and there are a million commercials. :rolleyes:

MOO.

February 18, 2020
Video in link. Sorry if this is a double post
Lori Vallow spotted in Hawaii church seemingly unperturbed by missing kids case

On Tuesday, a fellow churchgoer in Hawaii spoke to Arizona’s Family on the condition of anonymity. For purposes of this article, we will call him John. “The first time, when I saw her, I was like, ‘Really? What are you guys doing here?’ All of the members were surprised to see them at the church,” John said

At least the local members of the church have the sense to distance themselves. Good for them. Jmo

I do believe what she says about Chad and what she has said in the past. I just take the visions and energy stuff with a bucket of salt. We know she was close to Tammy as she published her books and she says she visited them weekly at one stage. Not everyone on here doubts what she says about Chad.
I, for one, do not doubt her on these details. I also read a 2015 plea on an LDS forum written by CD's daughter defending JR profusely, saying she was not spurius, and was an extremely close friend of the family. Not defending JR's beliefs...but i do feel she was a close associate and friend of CD and all his family... so believe these words to be true. However, if she seemed to believe about Tammy's upcoming death, why didn't she somehow protect or try to, and when did the CD kids believe Mom was going to die?

Thanks! I edited my comment to avoid confusion. I definitely heard it in the audio podcast but not the video yet, but I'm only half way through. Also, that video player on Dateline's page keeps skipping around for me and there are a million commercials. :rolleyes:

MOO.
I just watched it while on the treadmill. That was my idea to keep me on it for 2 hours, it worked. Glad I watched it even though most I knew, it put more of a human touch to it.

On Tuesday, a fellow churchgoer in Hawaii spoke to Arizona’s Family on the condition of anonymity. For purposes of this article, we will call him John. “The first time, when I saw her, I was like, ‘Really? What are you guys doing here?’ All of the members were surprised to see them at the church,” John said

At least the local members of the church have the sense to distance themselves. Good for them. Jmo

I hope the next time they go, the pastor pulls out a sermon on the 10 commandments.

The hotel might be Royal Lahaina Resort. Image source: TripAdvisor

lobby.jpg
About the possible tattoo/henna on Lori's arm, it's probably the Adidas logo on her backpack.

View attachment 233170

logo on her backpack.

Yep looks like the same lobby.

Since we can't directly link to the group that cannot be named, I searched this and found a hit on the first return. I know we talked about the Boise event and I may have missed discussion on the Saturday, September 21st event in Rexburg. Please note the speaker after Chad. Also spoke at BYU Education Week in August 2019. No one sees Tylee or JJ after Monday, September 23rd.

I was curious about the BYU backpack with JJ's initials, found in the storage locker, which seemed odd to me. Education Week has many events for children and may have given Tylee an opportunity to look around. They had to have gone up to Rexburg during August to look for a place to live and sign a lease.

The Dateline episode has Keith and Nate visiting the storage facility. Nate explains that the owner made a list of visits by Lori and others. The shot pans over a whiteboard with time they entered and left the facility (in 24 hour clock style), who visited (Lori or male/s) and type of vehicle. The camera shot starts on Oct 6 and ends with the date of the search warrant. He even notes the day of Tammy's funeral.

I took screenshots of the whiteboard, 10/25 and 10/26 overlap. Between this and Nate's original story, we should have a pretty comprehensive list of times and dates of visits.

Storage Visits1.png Storage Visits1.png

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News

Attachments

• Storage Visits2.png
    Storage Visits2.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics