Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

MOO only. Based on the fact that they focused solely on that neighborhood, I believe they were confident that Faye was still there. They didn’t really expand the search beyond the neighborhood. They were relentless. They were thorough. LE did an outstanding job of searching for Faye. I only wish the outcome was different.
BBM
IIRC, investigators had also been searching the landfill(s).

It is still an active investigation. I don't think they will reveal any more details about the murder, but they might be looking into whether or not the perp was involved in any other crimes or gathering evidence to better understand what led to this horrible crime. Sometimes they use the information for research and statistics.

As far as the family goes, I guess it depends on how much they want to know. They have access to the autopsy report so they probably have details that the public will never know. Jmo

I am not in South Carolina, but I am in the mountains of North Carolina fairly close to the South Carolina upstate. I don’t believe the man ever lived there but not a week goes by that they do not find a female body. Many are identified and their killers are presumed but too many others remain in limbo.

Maybe this is true everywhere but there has been a huge uptick of upstate murders during the 30 years we have been in this area. I am hopeful they will look at him and consider that he might have traveled farther from home to commit murders.

He does seem like an amateur though, because of the ignorant way he tried to distance himself from his crime. And perhaps very young girls were his preferencJMO

Last edited:
This is pure speculation. I have not looked at any social media connected with this man because so much of it is fake. But if he indeed was involved in iffy social media groups perhaps it was a hideous game of sorts developed by twisted minds, one that he followed through on.

Again, pure speculation that he followed a dare or directive.

driving under suspension 652.00 (when and why was his license suspended?)
^^sbbm

I posted about CT's court records for Richland and Lexington counties showing some violations and the fines. I have not found any records for CT in the other counties in SC. I think the suspended license might be related to failing to keep insurance on a car or failure to pay a fine.

The most common reason for having a license suspended is DUI conviction. However, it was very clear on the court record that CT's license was NOT suspended for DUI/DWI.

Other reasons for suspension in SC include habitual traffic offender-- excess traffic violations during 3-year window (via points system); failure to pay traffic tickets (NRVC); failure to file proof of financial responsibility (insurance); or child support arrearages.

It can also be very costly if caught driving while license suspended-- which I think CT found out.

If CT's license had been suspended for DUI, and caught driving while under suspension, this usually results in criminal charges with home detention or jail.

Also -- I failed to add this information in an earlier post about CT driving a moped (2013) which coincides with when his license was suspended:

Drivers whose licenses have been suspended for six months or less can also drive a moped in South Carolina, without a license, until the suspension is over. ... Because South Carolina state law does not classify mopeds as a motorized vehicle, you cannot be charged with DUI on a moped.

[In order to operate a Moped in SC, you either need a regular driver's license or a Moped permit. The legal age limit for a moped is 14 ].

https://www.matthewsandmegna.com/golf-cart-moped-accidents-south-carolina-lawyer/moped-laws-south-carolina-lawyer

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

His decision to act in such an evil manner makes me ill and very nearly makes me agree with you, but CT was still a human with a redeemable soul. I believe that there is cause for grief in his death too. We need to learn what drove him so far off the rails, lest in our lack of concern we allow a pattern to be repeated.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so horrible to even think about. That she could possibly hear them. That she asked to go home.
Its sick and sad but I can imagine a scenario where CT has just finished putting her through a very hellish ordeal and in between sobs afterward she asks him "can I go home now?" in which he realizes what he did and that he cant afford her to leave the house alive knowing she would likely be able to identify him. :(:(

I am curious about the accuracy and turn around time about the DNA tests done in this particular crime scene. Does anyone have a reliable link (MSN or other link) that shows where the DNA was sent for testing? "DNA analyst Jennifer Clayton says the constantly growing backlog is frustrating because it leaves victims waiting and could mean unidentified suspects are still committing crimes." https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...arolinas-dna-backlog-persists-despite-efforts

It's true there can be a backlog. It's also true LE can request the evidence be fast tracked. I've seen a very quick turn around in two different cases, but I'm sure there have been many more leading to quick arrests.

The two cases where it happened involved both child, and adult victims.

One was the mass murder of the 4 family members of the Gee family including two minor children in Illinois. The DNA evidence sent in took only 3 days to come back.

The other case was the mass murder of the 8 family members of the Heinz family in Georgia. He also left a 3 year old child with brain damage who miraculously lived. LE also received the results in a short period of time. 2 or 3 days iirc.

So it's certainly understandable these police investigators also requested a fasttrack turnaround. Imo, they knew this was a sexually motivated kidnapping, and murder of a small child. It was highly important for them to verify who the predator was.

Also the FBI was involved. They can analyze DNA evidence right on scene because they have a very sophisticated lab contained within what looks like a big mobile traveling bus.

So I have no doubt they were able to get the DNA profile quickly linking CT to little Faye.

CT is the one, and the only one involved in Faye's case. LE didnt just want to find anyone to blame. They all wanted the actual predator known to all, and now he is.

Jmho

Hi, fellow New Yorker. This rings so true.
Just due to the abundance of people here, you will see odd and strange looking people and situations every day, but not much can be done unless a crime is BEING committed. Of course, those are the overtly strange people. What can be done about the covertly strange who present as "normal?" Hence I was a helicopter parent and now a helicopter grandparent...
I've posted before that I know there are negative ramifications to helicopter parenting, some of which I've experienced, but it is the ONE instant like Faye's that I fear.

Don’t ever feel bad about watching your kids closely. My family went to a beach for vacation. I had a broken foot and parked a chair at the tide line to watch my children playing. I noticed a man walk up to them and start talking. As he continued to talk, I started calling their names. With every second he continued talking to them, the anxiety grew (I am normally fairly calm, but this was different). I started screaming at the exact moment he reached his hand out for them to take. I started to try to run without crutches and people on the beach noticed as I almost face planted into the sand. The man noticed how many people were looking and then suddenly stopped talking, swam out past the pier and disappeared. I asked my children about what he said. He asked them if they were from the area, how old they were, and said “I see your Mommy is hurt. Do you want to swim with me so you will be safe? We will play and have fun.” I called the police to tell them what happened and they told me they would increase patrol in the area, but the man had committed no crime, so even if they found him there would be nothing done. I know in my heart that this man was going to take my babies. He probably has done this to someone else or is planning to. Thank God I never took my eyes off of them. NEVER, EVER feel badly for protecting your kids. There are rarely do-overs related to this.

In rental units #201 and #504 there are large vent covers as seen in the photo below. Also, I'm not sure if people are aware of what the inside of a dryer looks like. I am because a man came out to repair my dryer once. The front panel of a dryer comes completely off and around and under the barrel that rotates, there is plenty of space for a small child.
Of course, we can't know if the large vent covers are representative of unit #602... but #201 and #504 (2 different buildings) both have them. It's my guess that #602 and all the other units have those vents, as well.
So, under and inside the dryer shell is a place that CT could have used... and a possibility (vent cover) that could have been used as a hiding spot. I've only seen inside tne washing machine shell... but, inside the one I saw, there would have been enough room to hide a small child, as well. Anyone can go to Youtube and quickly learn how to disassemble these appliances in order to repair. I don't believe LE would have searched in these places unless they had just cause to do so... and, in which case, I believe they would have revisited and apartment as a "surprise" and arrived with a warrant in hand.

ETA: (forgot to attach photos... will do so now)
Okay... missing is one vent photo and a washer and dryer photo that both come with message, "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
So, just picture another vent photo that's exactly like the one you can see and a photo of a washer and dryer in a closet space. Or... you can go to the addresses above in my comment using the internet and see them for yourself.

Attachments

• VENT2.jpg
    VENT2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
In rental units #201 and #504 there are large vent covers as seen in the photo below. Also, I'm not sure if people are aware of what the inside of a dryer looks like. I am because a man came out to repair my dryer once. The front panel of a dryer comes completely off and around and under the barrel that rotates, there is plenty of space for a small child.
Of course, we can't know if the large vent covers are representative of unit #602... but #201 and #504 (2 different buildings) both have them. It's my guess that #602 and all the other units have those vents, as well.
So, under and inside the dryer shell is a place that CT could have used... and a possibility (vent cover) that could have been used as a hiding spot. I've only seen inside tne washing machine shell... but, inside the one I saw, there would have been enough room to hide a small child, as well. Anyone can go to Youtube and quickly learn how to disassemble these appliances in order to repair. I don't believe LE would have searched in these places unless they had just cause to do so... and, in which case, I believe they would have revisited and apartment as a "surprise" and arrived with a warrant in hand.

ETA: (forgot to attach photos... will do so now)
Okay... missing is one vent photo and a washer and dryer photo that both come with message, "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
So, just picture another vent photo that's exactly like the one you can see and a photo of a washer and dryer in a closet space. Or... you can go to the addresses above in my comment using the internet and see them for yourself.
That vent cover... I have one similar in my apt and it's really easy to access. I live on the second story and mine has a bottom, top and 2 sides with some type of narrow horizontal opening in the side for the air. Mine measures 20" x 20" x 18" and I suspect a child would fit in there.

ETA: I took another look with a mirror and flashlight; it's totally enclosed except for the top and that's where the opening is. Once the door is shut you cannot see anything inside the duct, even if the filter is taken out.

Last edited:
His decision to act in such an evil manner makes me ill and very nearly makes me agree with you, but CT was still a human with a redeemable soul. I believe that there is cause for grief in his death too. We need to learn what drove him so far off the rails, lest in our lack of concern we allow a pattern to be repeated.
CT seemed to have had a stellar life during his earlier years. He also seemed to have been of high intelligence so what happened to him? He probably dropped out of college due to lack of money. It appears to me that CT had money issues after his HS graduation up to his death. I speculate that he suffered from depression due to money issues and his lack of social skills with the opposite sex. His autopsy and toxicology report is not public information. So if some antidepressant took over his mind to do evil, we may never know. It would behoove people to research the connection of psychotropic drugs and the violent and homicidal behavior of some (not all) people. JMHO

That vent cover... I have one similar in my apt and it's really easy to access. I live on the second story and mine has a bottom, top and 2 sides with some type of narrow horizontal opening in the side for the air. Mine measures 20" x 20" x 18" and I suspect a child would fit in there.

ETA: I took another look with a mirror and flashlight; it's totally enclosed except for the top and that's where the opening is. Once the door is shut you cannot see anything inside the duct, even if the filter is taken out.

Yes, what you are describing is the, I guess you could call it an "air chamber or box" and the upper opening in the chamber is there to allow air to enter your AC system. I also have one that appears to be the same size as the one in the photo and it is an AC intake vent. I'm willing to bet every apartment in that complex has one because the rental ads say the apts have AC.

When I use a flashlight to see into the vent in my home I can clearly see the AC filter. I would have to remove the filter or the vent cover itself to investigate further. I'm going to assume AC searched the closets (or, at least opened the closet doors and visually checked them out. Something to consider: Behind my AC/furnace combination is enough space where a small child could be hidden. (One or two of my cats have gone exploring when I was changing the filter.) So, that's why I've seen there can be a space back there and it's a very cramped space inside an AC closet so that space is not easy to check out. Was there enough room back there in apt #602?) I don't know but it's possible.
ETA: Personally, I think inside the metal shell of the washer or dryer is where poor Faye was hidden. Some units can be opened by removing just a few clips and or screws. It's not difficult at all.

CT seemed to have had a stellar life during his earlier years. He also seemed to have been of high intelligence so what happened to him? He probably dropped out of college due to lack of money. It appears to me that CT had money issues after his HS graduation up to his death. I speculate that he suffered from depression due to money issues and his lack of social skills with the opposite sex. His autopsy and toxicology report is not public information. So if some antidepressant took over his mind to do evil, we may never know. It would behoove people to research the connection of psychotropic drugs and the violent and homicidal behavior of some (not all) people. JMHO

Or he's a pedophile. He managed to not lash out and harm children (that we know of) until now. Child sexual predators did not begin with the internet and antidepressants. We have seen hundreds of cases where ordinary men succumb to their sick fantasies and harm children. Most people do not have rage against 6 year old children. Pedophillic sexual predators do.

Rochelle Dean TV on Twitter
Trinity Baptist Church releases details of funeral services scheduled for Fri. February 21st 7PM. Family ask that all attendees wear bright colors, specifically pink & purple, #fayemarieswetlik favorite colors. (Pics: Trinity Bapt. Church) Grief counselors will be on hand.
ERPNZ5KWAAAjM9t.jpg
ERPNaHRXYAAbNlr.jpg
ERPNaNrWAAArOx9.jpg

1:01 PM - 20 Feb 2020

Bear with me on the technical and possibly unpleasant details. Please skip this if you are squeamish.

There are post-mortem 'bodily' processes that take place without fail, on a reliable timeline. These processes would prevent many of the scenarios discussed such as hiding her body under a mattress, in a suitcase, in a vent, fridge, or storage unit. Even in a car trunk - especially in when it's warm outside - this would not work.

Physically, within the three day window when she was missing, Faye's body would have passed through several stages. Rigor mortis (meaning 'stiff body''). After three days, rigor mortis subsides.

Decay processes begin immediately. In short, bodies leak fluid right off. The fluid smells very bad. Bodies give off gases. They smell very bad too. Bodies change in appearance. There is no way to disguise the odor of death to a human nose, much less a dog trained to identify it at any distance. I cannot see how LE would have conducted a search of CT's apartment on WEDNESDAY (72 hours) with her body inside and not have noticed. There is no air freshener on earth or freezer that can cover or contain that smell. Visit your local morgue - they have industrial freezers, and you still would have no doubt about what's in there from the waiting room. It stays on your clothes, in your hair. (you may ask how I know this)

In short, I am really puzzled how no one knew she was in his apartment for three days, LE or neighbors.

Thank you for this. I've had many many questions about this process and didn't want to ask or do my own research but you worded this extremely well.

I feel I may have missed something, has it been confirmed that he had her in his apartment?

Also, what are the odds of her time of death not being accurate? With the information you've given, I doubt it's remotely possible to be wrong about time of death, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back