Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

Adam Lautenschlager on Twitter
First grade students at Springdale (including my son) were sent home with this memory shirt for #FayeSwetlik. According to his teacher, someone anonymously donated these shirts for the students to wear to Faye’s memorial Friday night.
ERPkrTXXsAAfM-6.jpg

2:42 PM - 20 Feb 2020

Bear with me on the technical and possibly unpleasant details. Please skip this if you are squeamish.

There are post-mortem 'bodily' processes that take place without fail, on a reliable timeline. These processes would prevent many of the scenarios discussed such as hiding her body under a mattress, in a suitcase, in a vent, fridge, or storage unit. Even in a car trunk - especially in when it's warm outside - this would not work.

Physically, within the three day window when she was missing, Faye's body would have passed through several stages. Rigor mortis (meaning 'stiff body''). After three days, rigor mortis subsides.

Decay processes begin immediately. In short, bodies leak fluid right off. The fluid smells very bad. Bodies give off gases. They smell very bad too. Bodies change in appearance. There is no way to disguise the odor of death to a human nose, much less a dog trained to identify it at any distance. I cannot see how LE would have conducted a search of CT's apartment on WEDNESDAY (72 hours) with her body inside and not have noticed. There is no air freshener on earth or freezer that can cover or contain that smell. Visit your local morgue - they have industrial freezers, and you still would have no doubt about what's in there from the waiting room. It stays on your clothes, in your hair. (you may ask how I know this)

In short, I am really puzzled how no one knew she was in his apartment for three days, LE or neighbors.
I think he had her somewhere else. Probably moved her in his trunk and then couldn't find a chance to dispose of her before everything went down so he buried her nearby and committed suicide

Bear with me on the technical and possibly unpleasant details. Please skip this if you are squeamish.

There are post-mortem 'bodily' processes that take place without fail, on a reliable timeline. These processes would prevent many of the scenarios discussed such as hiding her body under a mattress, in a suitcase, in a vent, fridge, or storage unit. Even in a car trunk - especially in when it's warm outside - this would not work.

Physically, within the three day window when she was missing, Faye's body would have passed through several stages. Rigor mortis (meaning 'stiff body''). After three days, rigor mortis subsides.

Decay processes begin immediately. In short, bodies leak fluid right off. The fluid smells very bad. Bodies give off gases. They smell very bad too. Bodies change in appearance. There is no way to disguise the odor of death to a human nose, much less a dog trained to identify it at any distance. I cannot see how LE would have conducted a search of CT's apartment on WEDNESDAY (72 hours) with her body inside and not have noticed. There is no air freshener on earth or freezer that can cover or contain that smell. Visit your local morgue - they have industrial freezers, and you still would have no doubt about what's in there from the waiting room. It stays on your clothes, in your hair. (you may ask how I know this)

In short, I am really puzzled how no one knew she was in his apartment for three days, LE or neighbors.
Anyone who has hunted or even cooked (mindfully) knows the decomposition of a body does not take place without fail and certainly not on a reliable timeline.

Anyone who has hunted or even cooked (mindfully) knows the decomposition of a body does not take place without fail and certainly not on a reliable timeline.

I disagree. Sure there is some difference. But if she was killed Monday, and cops searched his apartment Wednesday I would say that they (most likely) would have found her unless there is some crazy hiding spot he has. This is also based on them "searching" his apartment. I'm not sure what they mean by searching unless they come out and describe what they did.

I disagree. Sure there is some difference. But if she was killed Monday, and cops searched his apartment Wednesday I would say that they (most likely) would have found her unless there is some crazy hiding spot he has. This is also based on them "searching" his apartment. I'm not sure what they mean by searching unless they come out and describe what they did.
If I recall correctly they never said they searched it, they said they were "in it" and they "spoke to him"

I know we are not allowed to link FITS news for Faye's case, but they just released an article out with many new details.

What also jumped out at me is he said 2/3 who do these kind of criminal acts had no criminal past.

There again it is the caught, and uncaught which is actually terrifying to think about.

How many more had he molested before resorting to murdering Faye? He just didnt become a predator at 30 imo.

I hope they do continue to investigate his past history.

I'm sure since they have his DNA now on file they will look to see if it matches other unsolved cases.

Jmho

What also jumped out at me is he said 2/3 who do these kind of criminal acts had no criminal past.

There again it is the caught, and uncaught which is actually terrifying to think about.

How many more had he molested before resorting to murdering Faye? He just didnt become a predator at 30 imo.

I hope they do continue to investigate his past history.

I'm sure since they have his DNA now on file they will look to see if it matches other unsolved cases.

Jmho
I have a very hard time believing that 2/3 have no criminal past. We see these cases here and the perpetrators are almost always the person you would most suspect.

If I recall correctly they never said they searched it, they said they were "in it" and they "spoke to him"

Exactly. Since they didnt obtain a SW from a judge I'm sure it wasnt an in depth search at all.

Just visually what could be seen generally and he certainly wasnt going to have her body out in plain sight.

Also as far as being able to detect an odor there are so many variables at play that would need to be known which we dont know. It's not all cut, and dried each, and everytime concerning decomposition stages.

Jmhoo

I have a very hard time believing that 2/3 have no criminal past. We see these cases here and the perpetrators are almost always the person you would most suspect.

That's true, but I'm sure the FBI profilers were assisting them.

Maybe its changed in recent years since the largest case study was done concerning abducted, and murdered children was done back in 1993,and again in 2006.

I do think the DOJ will do another large case study in the future since both of those studies vastly helped LE when working these kind of cases.

Jmho

I have seen some references to CT's court records from Richland County, but I haven't seen anything from neighboring Lexington County. It's hard to tell where the borders are between the two. My house is in Richland County, but across the road is Lexington County. I searched there and found two records from 01/20/2018, one for failure to dim lights, one for uninsured vehicle. He wasn't driving a moped that day. They don't have to be insured. ETA: So far. I've found four previous addresses listed For CT, not counting Churchill Heights. All in Columbia or West Columbia. ETA: He's had some fines on his driving record.

Lexington
Uninsured vehicle $440
failure to dim lights $130

Richland
failure to obey traffic control control signals 237.50
Operating moped without a metal plate $30
disregarding stop sign 155.00
driving under suspension 652.00 (when and why was his license suspended?)
Car repo'd

Certainly looks to be a well documented history of failure to comply with basic traffic and vehicle ownership issues IMO. Any information on why he had such issues with compliance?

Do we know why he dropped out or was no longer attending University of South Carolina?

Do we know if CT had possibly lost his license or had a suspension and this was why he didn't own a car?

We see the 2019 Car Repo'd but do we know if this was due to non payment or license suspension or other issue - driving without insurance happened in 2018?

Do we know if CT had access to a family owned vehicle or possibly roommates vehicle and drove it without a licence?

Last edited:
Adam Lautenschlager on Twitter
First grade students at Springdale (including my son) were sent home with this memory shirt for #FayeSwetlik. According to his teacher, someone anonymously donated these shirts for the students to wear to Faye’s memorial Friday night.
ERPkrTXXsAAfM-6.jpg

2:42 PM - 20 Feb 2020

Those are so precious.

I agree and why would LE hide or lie about the details? And please don't try to say that's not what some are implying. jmo

I'm not trying to imply anything or be a devil's advocate or anything like that. Honestly I'm answering this question at it's base form in regards to ANY case:

Imo the main reason LE would lie or hide information is to strengthen their case. Either by having details only someone involved would know, or by having some surprises to catch someone up in. And let's not pretend LE doesn't lie. Usually not to press but they definitely lie to POI they just call it bluffing.

However in this specific instance the only thing I can think of for them to be lying or omitting things are either out of respect for Faye and her family or because they think someone knows more about what happened even if they didn't do it.

And I'm wondering if they have the case still open for the same reason we're still discussing it, and CT, and debating his actions and movements: to figure out how exactly it happened. Because we want to understand even if it makes no sense, that way we can stop it from happening again. And I don't mean CT doing it again because obviously that's not an issue. I mean to be able to see warning signs in advance.

But this is all just me being an armchair psychologist and my opinion.

I know we are not allowed to link FITS news for Faye's case, but they just released an article out with many new details.

If (public information officer) Evan Antley is giving out updated information on CT even to talk about the rumors on social media about him looking like a suspect sketch why can't we post the website? Sorry not familiar with that website. Thanks

Certainly looks to be a well documented history of failure to comply with basic traffic and vehicle ownership issues IMO. Any information on why he had such issues with compliance?

Do we know why he dropped out or was no longer attending University of South Carolina?

Do we know if CT had possibly lost his license or had a suspension and this was why he didn't own a car?

We see the 2019 Car Repo'd but do we know if this was due to non payment or license suspension or other issue - driving without insurance happened in 2018?

Do we know if CT had access to a family owned vehicle or possibly roommates vehicle and drove it without a licence?
Narcisistic/egotistic behavior typical of a smart kid who was allowed or encouraged to think too highly of himself. My opinion, but it seems very likely in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back