Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trash bag thought took me back to Savannah spurlock and how she was wrapped in carpet then trash bags. Sifting for carpet fibers maybe?moo

I can’t shake this thought now. I have wondered often if whoever ‘disappeared’ Gannon placed him in one location on Monday, perhaps hastily. Then, after he was reported missing but before they had a warrant to tail a person, they went and moved him to a better spot. Perhaps LE believed Gannon to be in the first location, and when he wasn’t, they sifted for any possible evidence that he WAS there, and they have an idea as to where he may have been moved to-more secluded, less conspicuous, location. I hope like h*** they were caught on video along the way. Ima’s post regarding what searchers may look for when sifting was the first time I considered that they may be looking for fibers or hairs, etc...yours reminded me of that. These additional searches sparked my feeling that wherever Gannon was, he may have been moved in a panic. Total and complete speculation, but I don’t find it impossible.

I have always wondered how she may have concealed him-a duffle or some kind of bag (or trash bag as you mentioned), maybe? Carried to the truck when they left on the outing Monday morning, that didn’t make it home?

Or maybe she stopped in two locations and they were sure it would’ve been the first, but once that was exhausted, they moved on to others..
IMO JMO MOO

I just watched the video above of Gannon's parents pleading for help finding him. (Posted by Oviedo)
It just breaks your heart. Noticeable that SM wasn’t there; she isn't even sad in her own interview. I wish she could be forced to watch this over and over. But would it even touch her soul? I don’t think so.

To me she’s the eternal victim type. She wouldn’t be moved by it. She would be threatened. “Oh please, Landen. I’m the one who cared for your kids when you didn’t want them. Such fake tears!” And “How dare she stand there with him. What is he thinking? She probably thinks this will bring him back to her. Disgusting.”

Seeing those two in agony would likely do nothing but enrage her and make her inexplicably jealous. Because she probably can’t relate to feeling grief like they are. IMO it’s likely all about her and her needs.

To me she’s the eternal victim type. She wouldn’t be moved by it. She would be threatened. “Oh please, Landen. I’m the one who cared for your kids when you didn’t want them. Such fake tears!” And “How dare she stand there with him. What is he thinking? She probably thinks this will bring him back to her. Disgusting.”

Seeing those two in agony would likely do nothing but enrage her and make her inexplicably jealous. Because she probably can’t relate to feeling grief like they are. IMO it’s likely all about her and her needs.

THIS. So much this.

Y
I liked your post because I think it is a solid idea. And then I had to unlike it because I couldn't handle putting a like on such an incredibly sad thought. :( I do think it is definitely something that could be.
Yeah, I always feel bad pressing a "like" button. I miss the old format where it said "thanks." I have to turn it around in my head to "I like that you shared this information." Still feels weird, though.

They were using plastic snow shovels.
So... Poking with poles, kicking with boots and chopping snow with plastic shovels, apparently mostly along pathways.
Lack of metal detectors does seem to indicate they don't think he was wearing jeans. Sifting the top of the berm?
I have no idea if 105 gets plowed with one of those big anow blowing plows, but even so i dont think 105 got plowed between 1/27 and 2/12.
From historical weather I saw only 40-50s mid afteroon highs and sub freezing at night.

We actually had several snowy days during that time frame. The historical data I have says 5 days with more than 3” of snow. At various times during that period, NOAA recorded the accumulated snow depths of 7-10”.

NOAA also says that there was no snow on the ground on 1/27. This data is for Palmer Lake, which is about a mile away from the primary search site.

Where I live winters can freeze the ground solid. No digging possible. However, even in these conditions, in the woods, you can often still dig. The reason I know this is, I'm a metal detectorist, and I like detecting, even if it's cold, but can't dig in the dead of winter, unless I get in a wooded area that has leaf cover.

Snow can insulate the ground too, and create conditions conducive to digging, however, open ground freezes solid.....no metal detecting in the soybean and corn fields.

Tall, heavy grass, when laid over, can also insulate the ground, keeping it warm enough to be able to dig.

Where I live winters can freeze the ground solid. No digging possible. However, even in these conditions, in the woods, you can often still dig. The reason I know this is, I'm a metal detectorist, and I like detecting, even if it's cold, but can't dig in the dead of winter, unless I get in a wooded area that has leaf cover.

Snow can insulate the ground too, and create conditions conducive to digging, however, open ground freezes solid.....no metal detecting in the soybean and corn fields.

Tall, heavy grass, when laid over, can also insulate the ground, keeping it warm enough to be able to dig.
The question is, would TS have known that. She seems crafty to me, but not necessarily smart, IYKWIM.

The question is, would TS have known that. She seems crafty to me, but not necessarily smart, IYKWIM.

She may not have known this, but she could have rushed into the cover of trees looking for a spot, and found loose leaves/dirt etc...and decided on a hiding place.

My heart hurts pondering these things.

I’ll confirm when I’m back out there but as I recall, there is a fence along the section of Noe Road that they were searching today. That would add a degree of difficulty to quickly placing something heavy far enough off the road to not be discovered by people driving or walking by.

AMEN. This, exactly. 1000000%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member