Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 233471
Mother of Gannon Stauch, missing 11-year-old Colorado boy, says she can't help have 'bad thoughts' - ABC News

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

In a sit-down interview with ABC News Thursday, Landen Hiott said that while she has tried to stay hopeful, at times she finds the emotions too much to bear.

"You have anger. You have so many feelings. I have so many feelings I've never felt before," she said.

Hiott has tried to hold onto hope, but the circumstances of the investigation and the bad weather have made it difficult.

"The more time that goes by, if he did wander off, whatever happened, how can you ... it's snowing and you have them looking in snow and sifting through snow, you can't help but have bad thoughts come in," she said.

More at Link:

Mother of Gannon Stauch, missing 11-year-old Colorado boy, says she can't help have 'bad thoughts'

Oh Lord. This poor Mama Bear. My heart is so broken for her. She needs her baby. She needs this nightmare to end, to have closure. I cling desperately with her to the hope he is alive, but also wish that if he is not, this would end soon and she can attempt to heal.

I'm a little nervous about seeing this video as I think it'll do me in. This case is so perplexing and so sad already. I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who care enough to follow this case and make it feel like we're in this together. There's strength in numbers!

Missing children has been close to my heart since a horribly sad book I read "The Year Without Michael" as a kid that traumatized me.

giphy.gif

Hiott did not comment on the footage or Stauch, but said that "when you're trying to hold it together and you hear those stories, you hear people talk about it, it's hard to hold it in sometimes.”
She said she maintains restraint only because she doesn't want to hinder the investigation and have "another day added to me not seeing my boy."

THIS was the quote I meant to post ...

R
Trash bag, suitcase, plastic storage container (that are plentiful in the majority of people’s homes)...
Makes sense- something already on hand and is a lot less obvious than driving around with a body. ‍♀️

Wish we could see what had been loaded into the bed of that truck. Maybe in the real video(s) it could be clearly seen if any such thing was back there. The truck did drive right past RDs house on it's way out right?

MOO

Last edited:
What could it be?
I've been burning up some brain cells trying to figure that out :confused: Then, I thought about "tupperware", a plastic tub, but no, that would be too difficult to maneuver around with a body in it. Then, I thought about a large suitcase with wheels perhaps? And then, a recent case came to mind and it reminded me that MF put HB's body in a duffle bag in her trunk. Did someone report seeing something of that nature off the roadway, thought it odd but didn't think much more about it until Gannon was reported missing/endangered and there were some serious questions surrounding the timeline given by TS and then of course RD's video being released. Maybe this prompted someone to call in that "odd" thing they saw not far off the road and it just happened to coincide with the route LE discovered TS had taken?

Just grasping at straws as I can't for the life of me think what they are looking for if not Gannon.

eta: If I had only kept reading, I would have seen that many of you were already thinking along these lines! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 233471
Mother of Gannon Stauch, missing 11-year-old Colorado boy, says she can't help have 'bad thoughts' - ABC News

In a sit-down interview with ABC News Thursday, Landen Hiott said that while she has tried to stay hopeful, at times she finds the emotions too much to bear.

"You have anger. You have so many feelings. I have so many feelings I've never felt before," she said.

Hiott has tried to hold onto hope, but the circumstances of the investigation and the bad weather have made it difficult.

"The more time that goes by, if he did wander off, whatever happened, how can you ... it's snowing and you have them looking in snow and sifting through snow, you can't help but have bad thoughts come in," she said.

More at Link:

Mother of Gannon Stauch, missing 11-year-old Colorado boy, says she can't help have 'bad thoughts'

In the interview BM says “if he did wander off...”
No. She knows an 11 year old isn’t going to just wander off from his community. She goes on to say he would never run away. she knows something is off with SM. She doesn’t say so but she does. I feel so sorry for her.

View attachment 233471

More at Link:

Okay, well I am surprised. Shocked, maybe. "If he did wander off.."

Well, good for Landen for taking the high road. If this means she knows something that we don't, well then, lots of rethinking to be done here. If he wandered off, why is LE searching 40 miles away?

I know she wants hope. She seems to reject the runaway story ("wander off") and thereby, eases some of the responsibility for LS.

Just grasping at straws as I can't for the life of me think what they are looking for if not Gannon.

RSBM

Certainly plausible. I just can't wrap my head around SM having the physical strength to do much with 100 lbs. of dead weight. Moving a body in a suitcase with wheels.. a short distance yes, but not across a field and then burying him.

Okay, well I am surprised. Shocked, maybe. "If he did wander off.."

Well, good for Landen for taking the high road. If this means she knows something that we don't, well then, lots of rethinking to be done here. If he wandered off, why is LE searching 40 miles away?

I know she wants hope. She seems to reject the runaway story ("wander off") and thereby, eases some of the responsibility for LS.
I think she’s holding onto hope, even though she knows deep down that it’s unrealistic.

Either TS did something awful to Gannon and he’s dead, or he “wandered off.”

She wants to believe the latter.

The cases I follow on WS all seem to break at the same time. I just got a news notification on my phone that Lori Vallow has been arrested in Hawaii on several charges. Fingers crossed that we see movement in this case as well.

ETA: grammatical errors
;D

PS. It seems that WS is already lagging due to this breaking news
This is really good news, thank you for letting us know here in Gannon's thread.

The cases I follow on WS all seem to break at the same time. I just got a news notification on my phone that Lori Vallow has been arrested in Hawaii on several charges. Fingers crossed that we see movement in this case as well.

ETA: grammatical errors
;D

PS. It seems that WS is already lagging due to this breaking news

Nice! Thanks for the news.

I've been burning up some brain cells trying to figure that out :confused: Then, I thought about "tupperware", a plastic tub, but no, that would be too difficult to maneuver around with a body in it. Then, I thought about a large suitcase with wheels perhaps? And then, a recent case came to mind and it reminded me that MF put HB's body in a duffle bag in her trunk. Did someone report seeing something of that nature off the roadway, thought it odd but didn't think much more about it until Gannon was reported missing/endangered and there were some serious questions surrounding the timeline given by TS and then of course RD's video being released. Maybe this prompted someone to call in that "odd" thing they saw not far off the road and it just happened to coincide with the route LE discovered TS had taken?

eta: If I had only kept reading, I would have seen that many of you were already thinking along these lines! :)

Or one of those large storage tubs? I probably wouldn't look twice if I saw one of those on the side somewhere. Especially if it was knocked on its side or whatever. I would have thought someone just tossed it or it fell out of the back of something.

I think she’s holding onto hope, even though she knows deep down that it’s unrealistic.

Either TS did something awful to Gannon and he’s dead, or he “wandered off.”

She wants to believe the latter.

Of course. Any family member of a missing loved one is going to desperately cling to any hope no matter how improbable. It’s a normal coping mechanism.

Are you Native? If you're speaking about your own experience, okay then. But do not generalize to all Native/Indigenous people. While I have been confused with other native people at my workplace, I seriously do not think I look identical to all native people. I would never have guessed LS was Native had it not been in the media. What mannerisms? What physical attributes? Are you claiming that Natives inherit wilderness survival ability?

I need to ponder that.
Don't waste time or energy trying to understand ignorance. ❤

I feel she did too. I think on that Monday, one of the times she went back inside after backing the truck up she left her phone inside. She was probably wearing an Apple Watch (or similar) or a Fitbit that she forgot about. When she got done with what she was doing with him she realized she was wearing it, destroyed it and hoped nobody would remember she had one. Maybe SS/AS eventually remembered she did, LE pulled the data (that’s what it look so long to get to that area) and that’s where they ended up. But I think you’re right with her moving him. I think after she realized she could have lead them straight to him, she went back and moved the poor baby. Maybe Tuesday night? I’m not even sure this scenario is even possible. But, to me, it could makes sense.

Thank you so much for putting this into words - I picture something similar. I think it's entirely possible she returned and moved him. She had several days to do it. I sure hope not, but it's very possible. When she returned, she would have been more focused and cagier.

That fits my sense of what happened, too.

Some folks have thoughts that go against the TOS here. Perhaps theres more to this comment that can't be said definitively until she's listed as a POI. But for me, I think she has a little more visco girl blood, mixed with a touch of NPD, which washes out any other ethnic blood chain... JMO.

While I do believe TS has Native American relatives (from the Lumbee tribe, specifically), I do NOT agree with assumptions that are based upon one's physical attributes. Furthermore, it doesn't mean a lick of anything in regards to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam