Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. I’m local and that area where they are today is heavily wooded and one would only drive down Noe if you lived in a home off that road. It’s a side road off the interstate but there’s absolutely nothing but a few scattered houses out there. We fish in Palmer lake in the summer and I showed my adult son where the search crew was today and he looked at me and said “why in the world would they be over there”. Wish I knew. Meanwhile we have a couple of really excellent weather days ahead, in the 50’s and sunny. Hopefully some of the snow will melt before we get another round next week. We actually get the most snow from March-May in recorded inches and it’s really heavy, wet snow. I apologize in advance if I upset some of you guys by discussing the weather, I find that it’s pertinent to this case and the search. Praying for you Gannon

Boom! You did it!

As to your post, I do think accurate weather details are super important to this case.

I want to address the weight listed for Gannon on the poster. My son and Gannon are the same age, same height, same build. My son weighs 64 lbs. Gannon is by no means chunky or extremely muscular. Given the fact that he was a micro preemie as well, I just don’t see him being a full 30 pounds heavier than my son given the rest of their similarities. He has to be closer to 60-70 lbs. I know this doesn’t seem like much, but I can easily lift my son. Morbid as it may sound, I don’t think moving that weight is as cumbersome as some may think (Even as dead weight).

If weight was provided by LS, I don’t have much trust that she even knew or cared what he weighed. Perhaps it came from a last appt with a dr, I don’t know.

Not even really a huge deal, except it would matter for dosing of medications, and for this purpose. And I could be completely wrong. JMO.
I was thinking the same about my 10 yr old son. Same height & visible build, but somehow about 20 lbs difference! She may have just thrown a wild guess out there.

I have been a member for years however, I have only commented about 4 or 5 times.
I have nothing profound to say, nor will I be able to help find Gannon with any of my words.
I just wanted everyone here to know that I find comfort in the compassion, empathy and love you all express for this little boy.
It's devastating to let my mind wander to possibilities. I am physically unwell because of Gannon not being located, as I'm sure a lot of you are.
Thank you for being here.

Edited to fix spelling (not even sure if this is what I'm supposed to do).

Last edited:
I want to address the weight listed for Gannon on the poster. My son and Gannon are the same age, same height, same build. My son weighs 64 lbs. Gannon is by no means chunky or extremely muscular. Given the fact that he was a micro preemie as well, I just don’t see him being a full 30 pounds heavier than my son given the rest of their similarities. He has to be closer to 60-70 lbs. I know this doesn’t seem like much, but I can easily lift my son. Morbid as it may sound, I don’t think moving that weight is as cumbersome as some may think (Even as dead weight).

If weight was provided by LS, I don’t have much trust that she even knew or cared what he weighed. Perhaps it came from a last appt with a dr, I don’t know.

Not even really a huge deal, except it would matter for dosing of medications, and for this purpose. And I could be completely wrong. JMO.

My son is super small for his age (premie also). He was very hyper so we put him in gymnastics and at 12 yrs old now he's like all muscle...but still only 60-70lbs. I see GS as a kid my son's size. My son has some muscle bulk, but not nearly enough to fight off an adult, or fend off od-ing meds. Even when working out 24 hours a week. Sadly I think any 11-12 yr old boy is going to lose that battle.

RSBM

Certainly plausible. I just can't wrap my head around SM having the physical strength to do much with 100 lbs. of dead weight. Moving a body in a suitcase with wheels.. a short distance yes, but not across a field and then burying him.

One of the true crime shows had a tiny woman who killed her very large boyfriend- put him in a rubbermaid tub. She moved him. Adrenaline is a huge help.

Last edited:
Sounds like the kind of place I would try to find if I were looking to not be seen/place something I didn’t want found...:(

It may be the type of place, but this location is illogical. From Lorson Ranch there is open land to the east, closer mountains to the west, and low population to the south. The search is north, having to go near Colorado Springs and heavy population. So this is illogical for a random spot.

Why here?

The search for human remains in the SAR environment is a PDF and interesting article that explains about what searchers are trained to look for and what happens to a body and soil in the stages of decomposition. I don't know how to attach it but if your interested in what the searchers know and look for it's very informative. It's definitely not a pretty subject so for some avoiding it is best. If you want to read it Google it and if you know how to link a PDF feel free to do it.

Link below:

http://ww.w.sarti.us/sarti/files/SearchForHumanRemains.pdf

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors